Saturday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Saturday game thread

So Gonzalez' shoulder is bothering him huh? That's what most of us thought. Go Sox....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Saturday game thread

No game on TV here in the panhandle... hard to understand we get blacked out from NESN when the Boys are playing Tampa but somehow we get the Braves games ??  Anyway don't think I wanted to see that first inning anyway !!   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday game thread:
    [QUOTE]No game on TV here in the panhandle... hard to understand we get blacked out from NESN when the Boys are playing Tampa but somehow we get the Braves games ??  Anyway don't think I wanted to see that first inning anyway !!   
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Just like Longoria's HR last night. Cheap monster hr, an out anywhere else. On Fox they're saying that Adrian Gonzalez told them that his surgically repaired shoulder "is tired, weak, and is robbing him of power." That answers a lot of questions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

One good thing... No matter what happens, barring a complete meltdown by the yankees, I will be glad to see the last of the rays this season after tomorrow !! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday game thread : Just like Longoria's HR last night. Cheap monster hr, an out anywhere else. On Fox they're saying that Adrian Gonzalez told them that his surgically repaired shoulder "is tired, weak, and is robbing him of power." That answers a lot of questions.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

It don't answer why he don''t hit the ball to left field at fenway !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Let's Go Red Sox!
    Get to Jeff Niemann, who is 1-0 with a 1.06 ERA against the Red Sox this year, holding them to an .086 average. Niemann has allowed only two runs to Boston this year, both solo home runs by Jason Varitek and Jacoby Ellsbury.

Lineups

Boston Red Sox

1. Jacoby Ellsbury, CF
    2. Dustin Pedroia, 2B
    3. Adrian Gonzalez, 1B
    4. David Ortiz, DH
    5. Josh Reddick, RF
    6. Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
    7. Carl Crawford, LF
    8. Mike Aviles, 3B
    9. Marco Scutaro, SS

Tampa Bay Rays

1. Desmond Jennings, LF
    2. B.J. Upton, CF
    3. Evan Longoria, 3B
    4. Ben Zobrist, 2B
    5. Johnny Damon, DH
    6. Sean Rodriguez, SS
    7. Casey Kotchman, 1B
    8. Brandon Guyer, RF
    9. Jose Lobaton, C

With last night’s loss, James Shields’ record at Fenway Park dropped to 1-9. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, that is the lowest lifetime winning percentage for any pitcher with at least 10 decisions at Fenway Park.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday game thread :  It don't answer why he don''t hit the ball to left field at fenway !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Jon Lester proving again that he's not a big game pitcher. Very sad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Blacked out. What channel is the game on ? Can we please start off with a lead one time/ Todays game is important because tomorrow's game is a mismatch in the Rays favor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

All right els & aviles, back in the game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Blacked out. What channel is the game on ? Can we please start off with a lead one time/ Todays game is important because tomorrow's game is a mismatch in the Rays favor.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

Fox.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Jon Lester proving again that he's not a big game pitcher. Very sad.

I don't agree Examiner!  I do agree that Lester just doesn't look right, but "not a big game pitcher???   I don't think so!  There is something wrong with his delivery.  Seems to me that he just doesn't look strong???  Something's holding him back.  Not much pop on that cutter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Theo knew AGone had a bad shoulder...He was just infatuated with him as well as Crawfud...makes little sense.  We lost a good young starter in Justin Masterson in the Victor Martinez deal.  Martinez would have been just as good as AGone, perhaps better as he is healthy, switch hits, took half the salary of AGone, and is batting .324, .374 OBP, .460 Slugging %, with 11 HR's and 94 RBI's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday game thread : Fox.

For a change, Fox gave us the Sox game here on the west coast :)

Still hate Fox!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Good Afternoon gents...hey, are you guys the FOX game?...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

ok salty (with an assist from the ump)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Nice to throw out johnny demon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Theo knew AGone had a bad shoulder...He was just infatuated with him as well as Crawfud...makes little sense.  We lost a good young starter in Justin Masterson in the Victor Martinez deal.  Martinez would have been just as good as AGone, perhaps better as he is healthy, switch hits, took half the salary of AGone, and is batting .324, .374 OBP, .460 Slugging %, with 11 HR's and 94 RBI's
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

If you're focused on A-Gon as a problem........ Not working out.......  comparing him to V-Mart?????/   I'm not sure what you've been watching this year????

Let's see what you have to say about that matchup over the next 5 years???

Having said that....  I did like V-Mart.  BUT!!!!!!!  REALLY????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

How about Beltre vs. Yuke???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I would have kept Youuuuk also.  Am I biased????   Yep!   :)    How's Beltre doing this year???   AWESOME!   Tough being a fan sometimes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Ok Big inning !!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Crawfud has had his chances, near the lowest BA & OBP & Slugging% in the entire lineup.  Aviles is a good pickup by the Sox

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I get weary hearing all the compliments about Joe Madden and his "zany antics". I personally am more in the Bill Bellichick camp, I hate all that kind of stuff. Execution is what wins games, not goofy wardrobe. But whatever works for you I guess.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Can't get Longoria out, no matter what.