Saturday game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Re: Saturday game thread

In Response to Re: Saturday game thread:
    [QUOTE]Will missing the playoffs mean the end of Theo or Francona...or both?
    Posted by thefly8[/QUOTE]

I CAN NOT STAND THIS S*R CALLED FRANCONA. HE HAS BECOME A VIRUS TO THIS TEAM. THEY NEED TO FIRE HIM, SOON IF THEY EVER WANT TO WIN.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Perdiction Time... We Win Tomorrow We Will Win The Division !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

One more scary thought. What if it comes down to us losing at NYY next week? What if NYY have the chance to keep us out of the playoffs? I don't like the sound of that. Hopefully (I'm getting sick saying this) they can beat Tampa and help us out before we get there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Perdiction Time... We Win Tomorrow We Will Win The Division !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Why the heck not gator? Hey, I'm in--go for it! Stranger things have happened.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

At this rate in will be Balt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

THIS IS JUST TOO PAINFUL TO WATCH...THEY JUST RUIN ALL THE WEEKEND, I DO NOT LIVE IN BOSTON AREA AND ITS JUST TOO HARD TO SEE THEM PLAY LIKE THIS. I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH THEIR OFFENSE. SIT THEIR SO CALLED BEST BATS AND TRY SOMEONE ELSE. BRING SOMEONE ELSE FOR GOD SAKE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Not confident at all withTim "Way-Back " Wakefield pitching tomorrow against Price. Total mismatch in favor of Tampa Bay. Price has our number totally, and Wakefield is like a box of chocolates. you never know what you are going to get.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday game thread : Why the heck not gator? Hey, I'm in--go for it! Stranger things have happened.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

IF THEIR OFFENSE IS LIKE ITS BEEN IN THE LAST TWO GAMES, THEY ARE COOKED.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]Not confident at all withTim "Way-Back " Wakefield pitching tomorrow against Price. Price has our number totally, and Wakefield is like a box of chocolates. you never know what you are going to get.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

THEY CAN WIN WAKE PITCHING IF ONLY THEIR BATS START MAKING SOME RUNS. A GOOD OFFENSE CAN MAKE UP ANYTHING.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They can win with Wakefield tomorrow if there is a miracle. They do happen but it is very unlikely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Way too streaky an offense. They score 18 runs one game and 4 the next. I hope so but would not want to bet the ranch on it.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday game thread : THEY CAN WIN WAKE PITCHING IF ONLY THEIR BATS START MAKING SOME RUNS. A GOOD OFFENSE CAN MAKE UP ANYTHING.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

wakefield will give up 6 runs in the first 2 innings of 2mrws game. hopefully the bats will come alive in baltimore because this series is over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]Theo knew AGone had a bad shoulder...He was just infatuated with him as well as Crawfud...makes little sense.  We lost a good young starter in Justin Masterson in the Victor Martinez deal.  Martinez would have been just as good as AGone, perhaps better as he is healthy, switch hits, took half the salary of AGone, and is batting .324, .374 OBP, .460 Slugging %, with 11 HR's and 94 RBI's
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]

Matrinez would have been "just as good as Agone"?  Ever watch Victor play first base?  That's why he's a DH.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]"A-Gon is 0-8 in this series." Yeah -- it seems to me he doesn't hit in the clutch -- I tried to find his RISP average or even average with the bases loaded but couldn't. Is it possible the guy isn't a clutch hitter?
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Agon's 2011 situational stats:

With runners on:  .353 (103 for 292)
    With RISP:  .337 (57 for 169)
    With RISP and 2 outs:  .297 (19 for 64)

Terrific clutch numbers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

What a great day!  Yanks rally with ease from a 6-1 deficit in Toronto while Mo ties Trevor Hoffman for most career saves.  Meanwhile, Sox fall into an immediate hole - as they have throughout the series - and never really recover.

Sunday prediction:  Wake barely goes 4, Price locks down the Sox, Rays take 3 of 4.  They smell blood.

I guess we'll have to pray that NY knocks the Rays back so we can crawl into the playoffs.  Can't wait for the champagne celebration for another AL East title.  :-<

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]What a great day!  Yanks rally with ease from a 6-1 deficit in Toronto while Mo ties Trevor Hoffman for most career saves.  Meanwhile, Sox fall into an immediate hole - as they have throughout the series - and never really recover. Sunday prediction:  Wake barely goes 4, Price locks down the Sox, Rays take 3 of 4.  They smell blood. I guess we'll have to pray that NY knocks the Rays back so we can crawl into the playoffs.  Can't wait for the champagne celebration for another AL East title.  :-<
    Posted by walterjohnson07[/QUOTE]

Walter Johnson would completely turn over in his grave if he knew his good name would be smeared by such negative statements.

Shame on you.
    Shame
    Shame
    Shame

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

[QUOTE]Walter Johnson would completely turn over in his grave if he knew his good name would be smeared by such negative statements. Shame on you. Shame Shame Shame
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I post what I think and feel.  I feel no obligation to be a cheerleader - I'll leave that to others who perhaps feel peer pressure to be politically correct. 

And what's more, my predictions were not far off:

Sox lost;
    Rays took 3 of 4;
    Wakefield went 5 mediocre innings, not 4.  I'll let The Globe sum up:

"Wakefield (7-7) lasted only five innings. He gave up six runs on six hits with one walk and five strikeouts.The errors and passed balls made only two of the runs earned."