Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees

If this is the ball the Sox are willing to display if they make it, then maybe they shouldn't. Maybe they don't want to. They sure don't seem like a team trying to win the wild card, but more like a team trying to lose it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

This team has no resiliency.  No toughness.

Lester does not deserve to be paid.  He has choked repeatedly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Anyone still clinging to the fiction that the September collapse has to do with something other than pitching.

H
    omey Roy, resident excuse maker. The lousy defense and mental errors created the big inning. Aviles is a joke. Crawford and Ellsbury are mailing it in.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ldupesox. Show Ldupesox's posts

I'm from Baton Rouge, LA but I live in San Francisco, CA. So, I'm going to pretend that the Red Sox aren't playing today, sit outside on my balcony, BBQ some steak with my roommate and girlfriend, breath the 65 degree air with the Golden Gate bridge in the background, and watch my Tigers kick some Mountaineer a** this evening. Geaux Tigers. Go Sox, win tomorrow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees:
    [QUOTE]Anyone still clinging to the fiction that the September collapse has to do with something other than pitching. As bad as the rest of the rotation has been, had Lester and Beckett done their jobs this month, the Sox would have a four- or five-game lead.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

poor concentration on defense too.  Too many mental errors and just plain errors.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

WTh Just got home from my daughters soccer practice. What is going on with Lester. He has been awful since that last start against the Yankees. Come on here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Here's Crawford's chance to actually do something

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

[QUOTE]If this is the ball the Sox are willing to display if they make it, then maybe they shouldn't. Maybe they don't want to. They sure don't seem like a team trying to win the wild card, but more like a team trying to lose it.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Agree, they must know they can`t win so are trying not to make it or trying to get coma fired.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : quitters like you give RS nation a bad name
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    The quitters are wearing the away greys with Boston across the front.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Crawford is horrible.  Get rid of him - somehow, someway get him out of Boston

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Crawford hit that high chopper hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Tomorrow who do we have Wakefield and Lackey. This is ugly here. Worse than 1978 which I still live with. I never saw a Red Sox team look this bad in September.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Out of curiousity, will anyone here be excited if the Sox do actually make the playoffs?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Maybe they can work out something with Anaheim for Vernon Wells who is a much better fit in our park than Crawford.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : quitters like you give RS nation a bad name
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

I think the RS give the RS nation a bad name.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]Out of curiousity, will anyone here be excited if the Sox do actually make the playoffs?
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]
    No way.. I say complete the melt down and make them live with it all off season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Maybe the best thing is that they do not and can Theo Epstein over this. His acquistions with the xeception of AGON have been horrendous especially in free agency.

[QUOTE]Out of curiousity, will anyone here be excited if the Sox do actually make the playoffs?
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

I like the hustle and crashing off padded walls on this Red Sox team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees :   poor concentration on defense too.  Too many mental errors and just plain errors.
    Posted by blingblang[/QUOTE]

I agree that errors haven't helped. But what's pathetic is that one mistake and the Sox pitchers melt down. A pitcher makes a bad pitch and he wants the fielders or hitters to back him up. So why can any of the pitchers pick up when a fielder makes a mistake.

It's one thing when a mental mistake or error leads to one or two runs. With the Sox this month, the pitchers can't battle and limit the damage. Instead of giving up the one or two runs, they give up five or six.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : unfortunately they are going down in buffalo as well in this loser stream!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Disagree.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Can it get any worse for the Sox and the fans? Yes, tomorrow's pitching line-up. Ouch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I am in Long Island what is NESN and the Sports Talk Radio (WEEI) shows saying about this crap ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]Tomorrow who do we have Wakefield and Lackey. This is ugly here. Worse than 1978 which I still live with. I never saw a Red Sox team look this bad in September.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

78 was a nightmare; a heartbreaking nightmare - but that club won 12 of it's last 14 games to force a one game play off.  They had heart.

This team, the 2011 team, is the biggest bunch of dead from the neck up players I've ever seen. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

It's Freddie Garcia folks... how would these bums fair against post season pitching?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Sox down 8 - 0. 

Pedroia determined to tie it with one swing.

Sections
Shortcuts