Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees

girardi is managing the bullpen like he's got one run lead in the clinching game of the pennant

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : well who are you
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

I'm the player to be named later.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : I know what will motivate them Exam,  A manager that calls them out in the locker room and makes them accountable so they will stop looking for someone else to step up.. I dont know what Tito tells them but he probably isnt getting in anyones face.  Chew them out in the locker room, and be status quo to the media. Lets Go!!
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Did you read Theo's comments last night? I thought they were actually pretty good. He said the right things, but the strange thing is, none of it seems to be getting to the team. Say what you will about "disconnects" but somewhere along the line something is wrong because the players act like their heads just aren't in the game. How pray tell, do you come out in a game as important as this one and make two horrendous defensive gaffs like we saw in the 2nd inning? I don't get that. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the clubhouse to see what Tito's telling them. But the fact that he got suggestions from the players as to the batting order does not fill me with confidence. Looks desperate--whether it actually is or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinjin5000. Show sinjin5000's posts

have you seen todays game???? it would be funny, if it wasn't so f....ing sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : I'm the player to be named later.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

well if you don't tell me who you are then that isn't very fair and I will have to ignore you

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : well if you don't tell me who you are then that isn't very fair and I will have to ignore you
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]

Hey man do what you gotta do

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Ortiz gagged on it too.

The whole team is a mess.  They are going to have to rely on Tampa losses.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Hey man do what you gotta do
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

A. pike

B. softy

C. babe

D. all answers are correct

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz gagged on it too. The whole team is a mess.  They are going to have to rely on Tampa losses.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]
    For what? To get to post season? You cannot be serious.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Ortiz gagged on it too. The whole team is a mess.  They are going to have to rely on Tampa losses.

True. David Price ghacked it up big time last night too. If they make it in, it's gonna because the Red Sox went 1-5/0-6 on this trip. Here's another reason why I loathe Tampa so much: 1/2-2/3 of their fans showed up last night in the heat of a pennant race disguised as empty seats. No way that city deserves a team. Too busy out on the beach and on the links.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : For what? To get to post season? You cannot be serious.
    Posted by amishrockstar[/QUOTE]

Dead serious.

You think they are going to win 4 of the next 5 games?  The magic number is 4 to get into the post season.

Do you actually think this team will win 4 of 5 games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

man, another bummer sox performance
    it's hard to fathom, they look like they lack confidence out there

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Did you read Theo's comments last night? I thought they were actually pretty good. He said the right things, but the strange thing is, none of it seems to be getting to the team. Say what you will about "disconnects" but somewhere along the line something is wrong because the players act like their heads just aren't in the game. How pray tell, do you come out in a game as important as this one and make two horrendous defensive gaffs like we saw in the 2nd inning? I don't get that. I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the clubhouse to see what Tito's telling them. But the fact that he got suggestions from the players as to the batting order does not fill me with confidence. Looks desperate--whether it actually is or not.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did read them, and Theo as usual says all the right things, and Im sure he has had some words with them. But remember Theo went into the locker room and addressed the team after the Sox slow start in April. He has probably addressed them somewhere in the middle of the season too, who knows? After awhile, you can have all the pep talks in the world but sooner or later, players will tune that out and say "here we go, another pep talk..." Players got to step up, yes, but somebody has to get in the key guys faces and make them accountable... Its like our guys know their jobs are secured so there is no hunger. Its very disheartening play!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

COSTAS JUST CRACKING ME UP: hold it to a 8 run lead in the freakin EIGHTH INNING.. good luck with that even if u do.. i see the entire bullpen not named papelbon needing surgery next week for they will be pitching atleast 14 innings!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : For what? To get to post season? You cannot be serious.
    Posted by amishrockstar[/QUOTE]

Again, let me ask you the same question I asked you Wednesday night Bucky Dent, and got no answer. You're telling me you'd rather see your team suffer a historic choke, to match the legendary choke of 78, and have it go down in the annuls of sports history never to be forgotten than see them make the playoffs--even if they lose? Some of you don't seem to understand that a collapse like this does not exist in a vacuum. That stuff very often sticks around, and carries over into the next year. Just ask the Mets about that. If the Sox make the playoffs this year, even if they only win a game or two, the collapse will be largely forgotten, or at least minimized. If it continues all the way down, it will NEVER be forgotten, and will be pointed to by everyone forever. I'm still of the opinion that the Red Sox will be respectable to good in the postseason if they can just get there. But I'd rather see them go down like warriors locked and loaded than face down in the trenches with their pants pulled down. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]COSTAS JUST CRACKING ME UP: hold it to a 8 run lead in the freakin EIGHTH INNING.. good luck with that even if u do.. i see the entire bullpen not named papelbon needing surgery next week for they will be pitching atleast 14 innings!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Costas? I don't think that's Costas. Not Bob at least.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

let me get this straight, sox think so little of okijima they actually consider trevor freakin miller an upgrade? oki must have ticked someone off.. i bet u oki's an all-star next year with the freakin yanks or in tampa.  what metrics is theo using?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I don't get the false sense of optimism before the game due to the continued tinkering with the batting order.  Moving Crawford to second was a panic move and nothing more. If you think about it rationally , it makes no sense. The higher you hit in the order, the more at bats you get.  You are giving an extra at bat to the light hitting Crawford , and taking it from the league's leading hitter, AGon.  It is a desperation move , but not well thought out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from westcoastsox9. Show westcoastsox9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Again, let me ask you the same question I asked you Wednesday night Bucky Dent, and got no answer. You're telling me you'd rather see your team suffer a historic choke, to match the legendary choke of 78, and have it go down in the annuls of sports history never to be forgotten than see them make the playoffs--even if they lose? Some of you don't seem to understand that a collapse like this does not exist in a vacuum. That stuff very often sticks around, and carries over into the next year. Just ask the Mets about that. If the Sox make the playoffs this year, even if they only win a game or two, the collapse will be largely forgotten, or at least minimized. If it continues all the way down, it will NEVER be forgotten, and will be pointed to by everyone forever. I'm still of the opinion that the Red Sox will be respectable to good in the postseason if they can just get there. But I'd rather see them go down like warriors locked and loaded than face down in the trenches with their pants pulled down. 

No true Red Sox fan wants to see a total collapse of their team, that's just absurd.  You are either conversing with a yankee troll or a Sox fan whom is using reverse psychology on themselves to feel better about the situation at hand.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]I don't get the false sense of optimism before the game due to the continued tinkering with the batting order.  Moving Crawford to second was a panic move and nothing more. If you think about it rationally , it makes no sense. The higher you hit in the order, the more at bats you get.  You are giving an extra at bat to the light hitting Crawford , and taking it from the league's leading hitter, AGon.  It is a desperation move , but not well thought out.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

dg, i wasn't sure about it because of HOW it came about. Tito said he got some advice and ideas from the players themselves. That doesn't HAVE to be bad, but it could be--especially when the team is going as bad as it has been lately. Looks desperate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4411939. Show user_4411939's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Dead serious. You think they are going to win 4 of the next 5 games?  The magic number is 4 to get into the post season. Do you actually think this team will win 4 of 5 games?

If Tampa loses 4 in a row they're in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Again, let me ask you the same question I asked you Wednesday night Bucky Dent, and got no answer. You're telling me you'd rather see your team suffer a historic choke, to match the legendary choke of 78, and have it go down in the annuls of sports history never to be forgotten than see them make the playoffs--even if they lose? Some of you don't seem to understand that a collapse like this does not exist in a vacuum. That stuff very often sticks around, and carries over into the next year. Just ask the Mets about that. If the Sox make the playoffs this year, even if they only win a game or two, the collapse will be largely forgotten, or at least minimized. If it continues all the way down, it will NEVER be forgotten, and will be pointed to by everyone forever. I'm still of the opinion that the Red Sox will be respectable to good in the postseason if they can just get there. But I'd rather see them go down like warriors locked and loaded than face down in the trenches with their pants pulled down. 
    If the Sox fail to win the wild card , they will never completely live it down. They will be remembered as among the biggest chokers in history. It is far , far better to get swept in the ALDS than to choke away the wild card.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : No true Red Sox fan wants to see a total collapse of their team, that's just absurd.  You are either conversing with a yankee troll or a Sox fan whom is using reverse psychology on themselves to feel better about the situation at hand.
    Posted by westcoastsox9[/QUOTE]

Ditto. He was on here wed. night saying that he didn't want them to make the PS, and that it was over, better if they didn't make it etc., and I guess we are "clueless cheerleaders" (his words) if we're still hoping they can do better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Game Thread:Red Sox at Yankees : If the Sox fail to win the wild card , they will never completely live it down. They will be remembered as among the biggest chokers in history. It is far , far better to get swept in the ALDS than to choke away the wild card.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Everyone, see the post above? THIS is an actual Red Sox fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

My brother is a White Sox fan, and he told me when Swisher is looking up it has something to do with a relative, dad or something that is dead. I could be wrong, but I think it was some kind of dedicatory thing like that. I'm not totally sure if I'm remembering right though.