Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    Bobby Valentine puts together line-ups like we are the Rays or the Padres or some team with a sub 75 million dollar a year payroll.  You'd think that in the AL with a payroll over 150 million, guys like Ellsbury, Pedey, Gonzalez and Ortiz that our line up would remain more of constant than constantly changing?  This has really gone too far IMO. Last night for example, why would you have Lava ahead of Middlebrooks?  Both are RH's......One has a degree of proven success and the has none.  Plus WM can run the bases better (why put a slower runner ahead of a faster one).  That is just one example but BV has got to stop this non-sense.  It's like his trying to be like the "goofy genius" in Florida doing things so stupid that some people make actually think he's brilliant.......
    Posted by andrewmitch

RE:  Kalish batting lead off

I got back to my earlier post - BV has lost it w/ these line ups.  The man w/ the worst OBP on the team is batting leadoff in a game where if we don't win, secures a series loss to the worst team in the league in Fenway.  I think Bobby may be trying to get himself fired now because he could go home and still get paid.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In Response to Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    RED SOX (53-54) Kalish CF Crawford LF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Ross RF Saltalamacchia DH Aviles SS Shoppach C Punto 3B Pitching: RHP Clay Buchholz (9-3, 4.75) TWINS (46-60) TBA Pitching: RHP Cole De Vries (2-2, 3.98)
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Another game where Podsednik would have been the logical choice to bat leadoff and play the OF. Another game where if you sit Ellsbury, you don't sit Middlebrooks or a second regular. Another game where you shake your head and think: Punto, Kalish--two guys who were this close to being DFA'd with one having it happen--and both get to play with the team on the skids...Fire BV...fire him yesterday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ciriaco, Ellsbury, Middlebrooks all on the bench. Nice work, BV

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

Great game by Felix Hernandez today.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Another Poster who hates to play the kids. Whats worse has no patience. Saw Kalish play in person. Liked him a long time ago. Still do.
    Posted by bobbysu

What's Kalish's OBP?

Where is Kalish batting tonight?

What is the primary role of the leadoff hitter?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If this line-up doesn't infuriate you then you're either not a real fan, don't have a clue about baseball, or have just plain given up on the season......

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Kalish OBP on the rise!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : I bet your so young you dont remember 69 Mets that was a heck of a lineup
    Posted by bobbysu

Well let me know when Seaver, Koosman and Ryan are in the Red Sox dugout......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

CC with the go ahead ribbie

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

My favorite team also Bobbsu. I'm old-fashioned since I also root for players on the Red Sox.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts