Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox

In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : He didnt need to stall for time, steven. Breslow was ready for the 8th. He brought Aceves in instead. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

OK; now I don't know what to think; in hindsight, it was a mistake. However, I don't recall the announcers during the Mauer AB questioning the strategy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Actually I just checked and a few of the Sox teams from 1981 - 1985 were better than this team.

And apparently bench players in the early 1980s were still getting paid $34,000 a year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : OK; now I don't know what to think; in hindsight, it was a mistake. However, I don't recall the announcers during the Mauer AB questioning the strategy.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

They were probably holding their breaths, with the rest of us. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : Tonight was worse....BV absolutely choked and this loss is on him... plus this Aceves closer thing isnt working and hasnt been for a long time... when your closer is zeroing in on a 5.00 era you are in serious trouble
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

It's 3.8 going into this game, and since the rough start it's been terrific.Were you complaining when he shut down the Yanks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : They were probably holding their breaths, with the rest of us. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I recall posters calling for Francona's head too. You can't win.

This crowd would find fault with Joe McCarthy or Casey Stengel (in their managerial prime)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : Yup, the last 4 days have been awful for the sox.
    Posted by MoreRings[/QUOTE]

Awful in the short term, yes. But now we are in last place again with a sub .500 record. If we can manage to finish the season that way then there is no way major changes will not be made.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : You comparing Murders Row Part 1 and 2 to this Sox team. Hang with your Bronx Brothers.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

What about Earl Weaver, LaRussa or Scioscia? Same difference.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Sorry to disappoint.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Combined dude what, 4 WS? Yanks combined, with those 2 Managers?

You said that was a bad example, so I mentioned those other HOF caliber MGRs, and Francona is arguably at that level.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Nevermind, just mad.

That's what it sounded like. OK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CA_Sox. Show CA_Sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : It's 3.8 going into this game, and since the rough start it's been terrific.Were you complaining when he shut down the Yanks?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Ive been complaining almost all year about him ....so there you go! And as to your comment about 3.8 ...so you think thats good for a closer??  If you do, then we have nothing to discuss...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : Ive been complaining almost all year about him ....so there you go! And as to your comment about 3.8 ...so you think thats good for a closer??  If you do, then we have nothing to discuss...
    Posted by CA_Sox[/QUOTE]

it was hovering around 2 from Late April until tonight

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Looks like this is the nhsteven game thread. Glad I missed the game. A yankee troll running the board now? Perfect!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like this is the nhsteven game thread. Glad I missed the game. A yankee troll running the board now? Perfect!
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]I'm still here swamp rat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : Morneau was next  another Lefty,  walk Mauer, bring in Lefty Pitcher. Valentine blew this.

no...aceves blew this..he's our so called closer who is awful...thats all that happen tonight...i'm sorry but we have no pitching at all...starters and bullpen..falls apart..buch is the only good one right now...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And you guys thought Friday Night's game was bad.

I told you, things will get worse, much worse.  Soon you will forget about the horror that was this game because we still haven't hit rock bottom yet.

Get ready.  Hold on tight.  Relying on proven losers to carry your team hoping that maybe they can all of a sudden pitch well is well, wreckess suicide.  The roosters have come home........

60-75 Since September 1, 2011 and not only have improvements not been made nor real changes been made either but we have actually downgraded the team at a few positions.

And just to throw salt into a wound - compare and contrast Youkilis' AB's to Middlebrooks and well, you have a very nice summary of what the offense has transformed into it........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday Night Game thread:Twins at Red Sox : I'm still here swamp rat.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Good to see that you are Cajun but looks like the troops are getting mighty thin here. Yankee troll has ONE post in the early innings and then has 33% of the posts after the game goes south. In my book that's a TROLL. Doesn't anyone here know "backhanded" remarks when they see one? Celtic fans took about one hour to realize it......... So I guess the C's fans are a lot smarter than Sox fans!  LOL

Sections
Shortcuts