Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees

LOL,,,J, she just turned in..we went out earlier....she's spending the day with her Mom and my sister tomorrow..plus i think my gift earned me some down time..Tongue out

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

This game was over before it started; RS are playing well, Yankees are not. Gonzo is a force. Posada is an a-s-ole. Interesting stat on Teix I heard on the radio tonight; this yr, he is 0-20 and 9Ks vs the Sox this yr; it sounds like the RS have a good book on him. Also, the pitch Girardi got tossed on was a ball.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

The problem with RF's that throw lefthanded was just exhibited by Nick Swisher, Nick Markakis had the same problem when the RS played Balt. Swisher tried to front the ball hit to him by TEK. He couldn't and made an error. If your defense is configured wrong in the corner outfield positions routine plays become difficult plays and result in runs for the opposition. Thats why it's hard to see any lefthanded thrower in RF for the RS beyond JD Drew who  happens to throws right handed. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : btw, does ren's tank top read "hottest is"?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

No, it reads "hoppers 13" - a nod to Los Bros Hernandes of Love and Rockets fame (the comic, not the band).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : Gonzo is a beast. He may make New Englanders forget all about Jim Rice.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]he's the goods...i hope people know i don't mean cheating in the negative way...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

You guessed wrong Gardner!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Can never too over confident with the Sox bullpen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : What if it were Theo approached to comment on a RS player in a similar situation? My guess is he would not offer up as much info as Cashman - he may say the player is going to speak after the game and leave it at that.    Cashman has been very chatty with the press this year (including the off season).  More often than not, I would say this approach has not led to anything productive.  
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]

I've wondered if cashman's change in approach has something to do with GWS not being around. When I heard Cashman, i thought he said too much....just say what happened and it will be addressed after the game by the parties involved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oliver18. Show oliver18's posts

[QUOTE]LOL,,,J, she just turned in..we went out earlier....she's spending the day with her Mom and my sister tomorrow..plus i think my gift earned me some down time..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

hey Jete!  whats shakin?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]LOL,,,J, she just turned in..we went out earlier....she's spending the day with her Mom and my sister tomorrow..plus i think my gift earned me some down time..

works everytimeCool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Can never too over confident with the Sox bullpen.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    I do have to say though , Albers has good stuff. Gaining more faith in him with each appearance.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : hey Jete!  whats shakin?
    Posted by oliver18[/QUOTE]oh man, what's up Ollie?, where ya been bud?,hope all is well.. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : I've wondered if cashman's change in approach has something to do with GWS not being around. When I heard Cashman, i thought he said too much....just say what happened and it will be addressed after the game by the parties involved.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Agreed and there could certainly be a correlation there.  GWS was by far not perfect, but I think he commanded respect as an owner - possibly a bit challenging to have the same level of respect for the men running the show now.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : he's the goods...i hope people know i don't mean cheating in the negative way...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]I think Gonzo is going to be a perennial MVP candidate. But I'm a total Red Sox homer, so what do I know?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Any chance we can get through the rest of this one with no drama?  Assuming we can hold on here, we're set up nicely for the broom job with Lester going tomorrow.  Of course, I thought he was a lock to beat Toronto last time out when he gave up five earned in 5.1 innings.  Hopefully, he will have returned to his dominating self.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone ever seen Gonzo and Wally in the same place at the same time? I rest my case. He IS the monster.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...you make a valid point....:)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Bill madden reporting hal steinbrenner is in contact with seligs office about recourse regarding posada refusing to play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : I think Gonzo is going to be a perennial MVP candidate. But I'm a total Red Sox homer, so what do I know?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Yep! But I'm such a pollyana when it comes to the Sox...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]Damn!!!...AG is just on fire.. he's got such a great swing...

A minute after the crushing HR by Gonzo you come in with that comment? You are a strange Yankee fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

ok fox we get it. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE ABOUT THE POSADA THING.         We'll know all we need to postgame. God they are annoying. Stop talking about it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Chiming in late, but have to say Sabathia got screwed royally on that call against Tek.  Heck, you could see that even he that it was a bad call.  Then he gets the single to score Cameron, Pedroia another single, and Gonzalez gets a dinger in his fourth consecutive game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : I do have to say though , Albers has good stuff. Gaining more faith in him with each appearance.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]
    He along with Aceves has been a pleasant surprise.  I'd like to see him come out for one more, but Terry might want to give Oki some work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday night's game thread:Red Sox at Yankees : No, it reads "hoppers 13" - a nod to Los Bros Hernandes of Love and Rockets fame (the comic, not the band).
    Posted by Yoshimi25[/QUOTE]thanks again, ur the queen of woppers...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

My daughter just said she thinks our cat would make a better announcer than these FOX dudes.... she was asking me if she was the only one who thought they were idiots.  I said, no, kiddo - there's a whole board that agrees with you.