Saturday's Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Saturday's Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox

It's amazing how Francona turned a two run lead into a mop up situation in less the a full inning.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Don't leave Tito has a few tricks up his sleeve !!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Wow, Lowrie is like a butcher in a china shop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

At least we won't have to watch them play in those awful uniforms again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gymrat05. Show gymrat05's posts

I have been a red sox fan since 1967 that is the worst inning i have seen in years

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I would like to thank Fox for getting the game blacked out here tonight... Without a doubt that had to be one of the ugliest innings in Recent, if not in forever, memory !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Maybe Francoma wanted to stay away from Pap tonight so he figured he get them out of a save situation so he wouldn't have to use him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

When you have leads late, you don't start planning for the pen lineup tomorrow. You use all available hands, keep a replacement warming up, and then worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Remember, Wakefield could just stay out there and throw batting practice all day tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oscars. Show oscars's posts

Resident experts:
    Can someone please enlighten me with the reasons Tito would handle the bullpen like that, trying to protect a 2 run lead?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

well i guess its a good thing i didnt get the Fox feed here in Fl...Dont know if i could have handled seeing it live. Ok. we need 7..Lets go!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday's Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday's Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox :  Hill looked great; guess Tito doesn't want him to get a dead arm. Jeez. This inning is a total disaster, Lowrie drops a ball,  5-3 now.
    Posted by georgelyons[/QUOTE]

The 8th inning isn't Hill's role.

Role definition idiocy.

He threw a whopping 17 pitches.

I thought this was a throw-back game? Didn't relievers used to go multiple innings if they were pitching well?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Tito has won two WS titles so he deserves some slack but he has games each year that he just gives away.  Tonight was one.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

LOL... Wife can't understand why I'm sitting in a dark room cursing at a computer screen !! LOL I am a Pycho, she's right !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I wonder whats going on down in that bullpen..It just baffles me why he let Albers get shelled and theres not even someone getting up until it was too far gone..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

I'm also glad it's blacked out here in FL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHDieHard. Show NHDieHard's posts

I guess the end of the world didn't come soon enough for either the Bruins or the Red Sox today. I hope some good can come from that farce of an 8th inning.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

I love Pedroia but I think it's time to stop running the Dunkin Donut "Laser Show" Spot for a bit !!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

What other manager would leave a guy out there in the 8th to give up 6 runs? (cue the sounds of crickets chirping) Meanwhile the bullpen is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet during the meltdown. Please somebody rush to Francona's defense, and tell me I don't know anything about baseball while you're at it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

That was not a professional baseball game on the part of the Red Sox.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Saturday's Game Thread:Cubs at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]What other manager would leave a guy out there in the 8th to give up 6 runs? (cue the sounds of crickets chirping) Meanwhile the bullpen is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet during the meltdown. Please somebody rush to Francona's defense, and tell me I don't know anything about baseball while you're at it.
    Posted by plinny[/QUOTE]

chirp**chirp***

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Too late to sell high on Jed Lowrie, SS butcher service. Perhaps a team needs a 2nd baseman who is the next Lou Gherig.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

this is the most pathetic sh*t i have ever seen. anyone who defends francona has no leg to stand on after this sh*t. He lost a game which we should have won. no excuse. albers did not have it. he was left in way way way too long. and the fact that no one was warming up during his implosion makes it even worse. we could still be in this game if albers was pulled earlier on. what drives me crazy more than anything is that francona pulls the same sh*t every time. He always leaves a pitcher in until we are losing and then he pulls him once the game is out of hand. its so predictable. And above all else why the f**k is albers in pitching in the 8th inning in a 2 run game? he was doing good in his 6/7th inning role and now francona decides to bring him in in the 8th? what happened to bard? this game was a perfect example of how terrible francona is at managing games. wheeler taken out too early, hill taken out too early, aceves taken out too early, albers left in too long. We should have won this game but i bet francona says after the game that he left albers in because he did not want to wear out the bullpen and that he wanted to save bard for tomorrow with wake on the mound. because by francona logic p*ssing away the win tonight just so we can have one extra guy in the pen tomorrow makes sense. I cannot wait till the sox fire francona. I am starting to think that we should have kept farrel and let coma go cuz he was clearly the only brains in the dugout. thankfully matt garza has been scratched for tomorrow so maybe we will have a shot at winning tomorrow though i wouldnt count on it with wakefield on the mound.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karlosantonylimtiaco. Show Karlosantonylimtiaco's posts

I completely agree with redsoxpride34. Why did Bard and Papelbon not secure the win?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

oh ya forgot about jed lowrie. anyone else think he is not a defensively adequate shortstop? i really hope jose iglesias gets called back up sooner rather than later. he may not have much of a bat but at least he can field. lowrie has 7 errors already and has worse range than scutaro. I would love to see us trade for jose reyes and then trade iglesias and spects to the dbacks for justin upton. that would be outstanding.