Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...

Interesting idea.  Adding Hamels would certainly put Sox on the top again right away.  One of the best lefties in the league, Hamels made 180 starts in his 6 yrs career, never had injury issues, and very consistent winning pitcher who can be our #3 starter.  Lester-Beckett-Hamels-Bucholz-Bard pretty good rotation right?

Hamels would cost few top prospects but if Hamels agrees to sign extention with the Sox and stays in Boston for another 4-5 yrs, I would say he's worth it.

I would offer Ranaudo(or Barnes), Bogaerts, Jacobs + PTBN for Hamels and Bastardo.  Good thing is I didn't include Lavarnway and Middlebrooks.  Bogaerts will be ready to take over SS when Rollins' gone.  Jacobs can be 20-20 OF for them with speed and power (Phillies can use Dominic Brown as trade chip), and they get one of our top pitching prospect.  

Please don't trash my thread.   Your KIND thoughts?

I read this article at bleacherreport.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yukon-Cornelius. Show Yukon-Cornelius's posts

Re: Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...

In Response to Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...:
    Interesting idea.  Adding Hamels would certainly put Sox on the top again right away.  One of the best lefties in the league, Hamels made 180 starts in his 6 yrs career, never had injury issues, and very consistent winning pitcher who can be our #3 starter.  Lester-Beckett-Hamels-Bucholz-Bard pretty good rotation right? Hamels would cost few top prospects but if Hamels agrees to sign extention with the Sox and stays in Boston for another 4-5 yrs, I would say he's worth it. I would offer Ranaudo(or Barnes), Bogaerts, Jacobs + PTBN for Hamels and Bastardo.  Good thing is I didn't include Lavarnway and Middlebrooks.  Bogaerts will be ready to take over SS when Rollins' gone.  Jacobs can be 20-20 OF for them with speed and power (Phillies can use Dominic Brown as trade chip), and they get one of our top pitching prospect.   Please don't trash my thread.   Your KIND thoughts?
    Posted by seannybboi

It's interesting - any chance you can add the link so we can peruse it?  I'd much prefer Hamels over Gavin Floyd, as long as the price isn't exorbitant.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Everything I just said on a different post about holding onto prospects rather than acquire a Jurrjens or Floyd, I would take back to acquire Hamels. Cannot agree with you more Sean that Beckett, Lester, Hamels, Buchholz, Bard(though I still prefer Aceves as the Starter) puts the Sox back up there. Hamels....young, Lefty...played in a high pressure city...PostSeason experience......balances our rotation perfectly.....have to love that possibility.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Read it too ...

And leaves me to wonder

which one of us got free and started posting out nut job proposals ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would assume compensation to sign Hamels would start at 6/$120. He is a Cali kid and with new ownership slated for the Dodgers, seems prudent for Hamels to test the market.
    prospect package offered up is too rich without an agreement with Hamels.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Without a link allowing perusal of the author, contex and an examination of the rationale/facts this to me is just another of the many pie in the sky trades/fa aquisitions that have been discussed since the collapse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1031991-boston-red-sox-assembling-a-fair-trade-package-for-cole-hamels

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...:
    Without a link allowing perusal of the author, contex and an examination of the rationale/facts this to me is just another of the many pie in the sky trades/fa aquisitions that have been discussed since the collapse.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

It is... This thread is just simply my opinion

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

In Response to Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...:
    One of the best lefties in the league,

Should actually say "One of the best lefties in the NATIONAL League".

Amazing how people always forget that almost ALL NL pitchers that move to the AL...SUCK.

Only exceptions? Pedro, Schilling, Beckett (once in a while)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

hamels will be expensive when he signs his next contract.  his agent said something about jered weaver's deal being "team friendly" so it will definitely cost more than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...:

BR is nothing but "homerism" it is hardly objective or believable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Hamels would be a good sign.  Won't the RS have money next year?  Give him Ortiz's money....  Question is would he sign?  wouldn't do the trade without a deal in place.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Sox should have over $30M coming off the books next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

The Sox should have over $30M coming off the books next year.
    Posted by moonslav59

and half of them going to Ells for extention

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

There are very few players that would be worth further stripping of the farm system for, but I would agree that Hamels is one of them (Cain may be another).  Absolutely the deal should hinge on his willingness to sign an extension.  That said, living in the Philly area I have heard through many sources that keeping him will be the team's #1 priority.  The catch-22 may be that only way the Phils would trade him is if he gives a clear signal that he will test the market after the season, in which case he is not likely to agree to an extension with the Sox either.  Young, successful left handed starters are in a great position to not only become very wealthy but to also control their own fate.  Sox will likely be in this same situation when Lester's contract is up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I think it's more like $47MM if Sox don't pick up Youk's option.
    Ortiz ($14MM estimate), Jenks ($6MM), Dice-K ($9MM), Scutaro ($6MM), and Youk ($12MM)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Suggestion---Beckett and a prospect for Hamels then trade Sox prospects for Floyd. I'm sure two  deals  could be made. 

You're thinking why would they want Beckett?? Good question--good postseason record. They are going to need all the arms they can muster to win in the NL East even be a WC. If the Nats get Prince with their staff they will be tough. The Bravos pitching is strong and the Marlins can beat everyone up.

Hamels, Lester, Buch, Floyd and (Padilla, Cook, Doubrount, Miller,Bard).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Suggestion---Beckett and a prospect for Hamels then trade Sox prospects for Floyd. I'm sure two  deals  could be made.  You're thinking why would they want Beckett?? Good question--good postseason record. They are going to need all the arms they can muster to win in the NL East even be a WC. If the Nats get Prince with their staff they will be tough. The Bravos pitching is strong and the Marlins can beat everyone up. Hamels, Lester, Buch, Floyd and (Padilla, Cook, Doubrount, Miller,Bard).
    Posted by MadMc44

Love the idea of having both Hamels instead of Beckett plus Floyd.  Only two things though.  Hamels has to agree to sign extention with the Sox at least 3-4 yrs.  I don't think money will be the issue starting 2013 to sign Hamels with all those big contracts coming off the book + Beckett's exit.  Will PHI and CHW bite?  If they do, they will be my 2nd favorite teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

"overall odds of a deal are slim based on Philly's unrelenting chase for a World Series title"....the most telling language in the post. Thanks for the link.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"...":
    In Response to Re: Saw an article about "How the Sox can acquire Cole Hamels"... : "overall odds of a deal are slim based on Philly's unrelenting chase for a World Series title" ....the most telling language in the post. Thanks for the link. Posted by sindarin-erebor
    Exactly, they are built to win now. Hamels isn't going anywhere...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Why would the Phillies, the five-time defending divisional champs, throw in the towel by trading one of their aces for the Red Sox spare parts? Would any of the mentioned Red Sox prospects be a Top 50 prospect? 

The proposal makes no sense ... at least the author should have spelled Anthony Ranaudo's name correctly on a consistent basis.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts