sawx still want more in theo compensation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

sawx still want more in theo compensation.

FORT MYERS — The never-ending Theo Epstein compensation talks still have not ended.

Puzzled by the timing of the injury and yesterday’s surgery on the right elbow of reliever Chris Carpenter, the main chip the Red Sox [team stats] received in a deal with the Cubs that included three players and one executive, the Sox said yesterday they do not consider the talks officially over.

The club is weighing its options about what to do next, said a Red Sox source.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view/20220330source_sox_still_want_cubs_to_talk/srvc=sports&position=also

Sources also confirm that they have recently contacted the Yankees seeking further compensation for the Babe Ruth trade.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: sawx still want more in theo compensation.

Man.. I hate this guy... I haven't seen a bigger loser than this one..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

In Response to Re: sawx still want more in theo compensation.:
    [QUOTE]Man.. I hate this guy... I haven't seen a bigger loser than this one..
    Posted by seannybboi[/QUOTE]

Uhh..you stand corrected:

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

Beni stirs the pot, sure.  But he baits Yankees fans.  I'll take that over Babe any day of the week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

This team gets fleeced everytime they hold the cards and letting Theo go before getting prroper compensation was another buffonery thing they did. There is no way Chicago would have waited another year to get the Boy Genius. They left Damon out there in 2005 and got fleeced on Coco Crisp who never lived up to the season he had in 2005. He was nothing more than a cheaper substitute for Damon who did not pan out. They left Teixeira out there and everyone but Luccino knew that the Yankees were going to get him. They got fleeced on Dice K and then let their million dollar arm pitch unsupervised for Japan an injure his arm because of the unsupervised pitch counts he was running up pitching for Japan. They let Adrian Gonzalez participate in the homerun derby with a surgically repaired shoulder and let him take about a hundred extra swings. How did that decision look in September when his shoulder was hurting and we had to give him days off because he was sore. What amazes me is that the Yankees always have their players come out with mysterious injuries at the Allstar break like Jeter, Arod, and Rivera. Then when the Allstar game is over they all are mysteriously healthy again. Unfortunately the Yankees have brains and know the big picture is getting to the World Series unlike our Front Office People. Now its coming out that they knew Crawford had a wrist injury before they gave him a 160 million dollars. They let him have surgery late and now he is not going to be available for God knows how long into the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Theo was probably on his way out regardless, lets take our two WS and be thankful.  Theo had his success with trades and building the farm but killed us with FA's.  He has his work cut out in Chicago, lets see what he can do there.  

2003: Keith Foulke, three years/$20.5 million. (Helped stabilize the closer position for a couple years.

2004: Edgar R, four years/$40 million. (Bought out after one dismal season for an additional $12 million. Renteria played in Boston for one year for $22 million.

2005: Julio L, four years/$36 million. (Hit .251 in three seasons. Part of the revolving door for Red Sox shortstops since Epstein traded Nomar.

2005: Matt Clement, three years/$25 million.  Played two seasons with a 5.09 ERA. One decent season but got shelled in his only PS start here.  His weakness for big game pitching started long before the hit in the head.  Just ask Cub fans.

2006: Coco, three years/$15.5 million, who was ultimately replaced by the emerging Ellsbury.

2007: Dice K., six years/$52 million, plus a $52 million posting fee that did not count against payroll. (Won 2007 World Series. A .620 career winning percentage. Hasn't pitched 170 innings in a season since debuting in 2007. Has averaged five wins over the last three seasons.)

2007: JD Drew, five years/$70 million. (Average season in Boston: 121 games, .264 average, 16 HR, 57 RBI.)

2010: John Lackey, five years,/$82.5 million. (A 26-23 record, 5.26 ERA, 375 IP, 436 hits so far.)

2010: Mr. Cameron, two years/$15.5 million. (A .219 average in 81 games over two seasons. Traded in July of this year. The team moved Ellsbury out of center field upon acquiring Cameron.)

2010: Adrian Beltre, one year/$10 million. (.321 AVG, 49 2B, 28 HR, 102 RBI, All-Star.)  The one guy who actually gave us a nice return

2011: Carl Crawford, seven years/$142 million. (Dismal first season in Boston, but too early to pass judgment.)

Bobby Jenks and so on? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I said it for a year before he left, and think it still applies now:

If any FA is asking for 8mil+ per season, for more than a single season; DO NOT SIGN THEM!

It just doesn't work out for this team, they can not judge major league free agent talent successfully. Maybe they convince themselves the player is better because he doesn't cost prospects? I have no idea, but the track record is beyond alarming, it's embarrassing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

If you don't spend the money you will end up with the Pirates or Royals or some other perennial 3rd place to 5th place teams roster.

So you guys just keep on hoping they don't sign any big bucks FA and then we will see how you react.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

You left out David Ortiz. He was a rather important free agent acquisition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]You left out David Ortiz. He was a rather important free agent acquisition.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Thanks david, I did forget Papi who was probably our best FA signing ever.

Brain lapse for sure! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The year they got Foulke they won the Series, and the year they got Dice-K, Drew and Lugo they won.  Lackey and Crawford are the real scary ones on that list.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I said it for a year before he left, and think it still applies now: If any FA is asking for 8mil+ per season, for more than a single season; DO NOT SIGN THEM! It just doesn't work out for this team, they can not judge major league free agent talent successfully. Maybe they convince themselves the player is better because he doesn't cost prospects? I have no idea, but the track record is beyond alarming, it's embarrassing.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

The problem dragon were "bars set" by the Yankees and agents like Boras over the years.  For 8mil these days you don't get much on the FA market but I agree to an extent, especially with guys like Lackey. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]You left out David Ortiz. He was a rather important free agent acquisition.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]Actually Big Papi wasn't a big money FA he was almost a waiver wire pickup. The twins had waived him and Theo signed him for very low money. Theo generally did pretty good with the low dollar acquisitions as well as building the farm. His record with big dollar guys was less than stellar though.