Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K

Sean McAdam said he personally believes Dice-K will have Tommy John surgery and won't be ready until August, 2012, 2 months away from free agency. Knowing this, Scott Boras won't allow Dice-K to return to pitch for the Sox. He will take him to free agency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K

He gave us two good years 2007 and 2008.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

do you have a link?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Yes Mrmojo-I went to Comcast Sports Boston.CSNNE
    CSNNE.com's Baseball Insider believes Matsuzaka will probably need Tommy John surgery, which will sideline him until the end of his contract.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Sean thinks Felix Doubront will take his place in a couple of weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Thanks for the link.What I got from that is that Sean McAdams was expressing his opinion about Dice-K.I don't think Dice-K having Tommy John surgery is 100% sure yet,but certainly a possibility.If that's the case,the Sox will probably make a move to get a starting pitcher before the trade deadline IMHO.
     It just goes to show,as the old saying goes,"You can never have too much starting pitching".  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Matsuzaka will probably need Tommy John surgery

I know most Red Sox fans are hoping the "probably" will translate into definitely, as this post presumes. I was hoping Wakefield would get lap band surgery and take a year off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

This team will be better off in the long run.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Matsuzaka will probably need Tommy John surgery I know most Red Sox fans are hoping the "probably" will translate into definitely, as this post presumes. I was hoping Wakefield would get lap band surgery and take a year off.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]
    While this whole post is pediatric at best, the last line was completely uncalled for. Now enters the Felix Doubrant era, once he is healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

Dice undergoing Tommy John may actually be the most convenient end of his tenure, from the Sox' perspective. I'm sure Tito and Curt Young wouldn't be too heartbroken. Doubront becoming a permanent part of the rotation this year is probably ahead of the front office's schedule for him, but maybe baptism by fire is the best thing for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Facts please.  Just da facts. No press hyperbole.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Sean McAdam said he'll have Tommy John surgery and won't be ready until August, 2012, 2 months away from free agency. Knowing this, Scott Boras won't allow Dice-K to return to pitch for the Sox. He will take him to free agency.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

It is an opinion but not fact.

http://www.csnne.com/05/22/11/McAdam-I-think-weve-seen-the-last-of-Dic/landing_redsox.html?blockID=526919&feedID=3352

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Arodswallows. Show Arodswallows's posts

hope he does, good ridance once and for all

in the end 103 mill for 2 good years

he can go now and pitch every inning of every wbc for all I care

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Again, I heard that Wakefield will probably have hip surgery.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

It makes sense. Pay DiceK around 20 million to rehab for FA. They should try Tommy John surgery on Crawford, and get two for the price of 1000.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

I heard you were posting from a tenament house, on food stamps.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Things getting nasty on this thread, not funny, yet somehow funny at the same time. Meanwhile, I'm going to see if I can find the adult thread.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Matsuzaka will probably need Tommy John surgery I know most Red Sox fans are hoping the "probably" will translate into definitely, as this post presumes. I was hoping Wakefield would get lap band surgery and take a year off.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

The "probably" was an opinion expressed by Sean McAdam in a panel discussion. He did not quote any doctors or have access to medical records. Just his speculation. Take it with a grain of salt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It tends turn infantile when the banned infant returns.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

If these reports are true I can see Boras demanding Dice get the surgery then Hyperboling his recovery come free agency.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

In Response to Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Sean McAdam said he personally believes Dice-K will have Tommy John surgery and won't be ready until August, 2012, 2 months away from free agency. Knowing this, Scott Boras won't allow Dice-K to return to pitch for the Sox. He will take him to free agency.
    Posted by -EdithBunker-[/QUOTE]

This is a very specific statement. Do you have a link to it? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Babe-Ted:I went to Comcast Sports Boston.CSNNE
    CSNNE.com's Baseball Insider believes Matsuzaka will probably need Tommy John surgery, which will sideline him until the end of his contract.

Sections
Shortcuts