Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K

Jon Heyman/SI.com:
    Daisuke Matsuzaka may need Tommy John surgery. After getting word from Boston doctors that he had a tear in his elbow ligament and would need rest and rehab for at least a month, Dice-K is said to have asked to see a Japanese surgeon. He will see a diagnostic doctor of his own choosing first, to determine whether it is agreed that rehab is worth trying.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

To much uncertainty at the bottom of the rotation,  I'm ok with Dice-k gone but I hope that we can get someone who can go out there and pitch 6-7 decent innings. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Kevin Millwood may have been signed just in time although his days of throwing in the 90's are long gone.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Please ban the author of this absurd thread, and take McAdam's press credential away and give them to a monkey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Please ban the author of this absurd thread, and take McAdam's press credential away and give them to a monkey.
    Posted by SoxSoldRed[/QUOTE]

Posting at 3:17 a.m.? Are you a neighbor of Harness's? Softlaw lives in North Carolina so you can't be him?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

Do the sox have injury insurance on his contract? If he were to get T.J. surgery would the money slated for his salary be available? Sorry for the questions, I have no idea how contract insurance works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Ask McAdam, I mean "scoop".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Say good-bye Dice-K :McAdam: I think we've seen the last of Dice-K:
    [QUOTE]Do the sox have injury insurance on his contract? If he were to get T.J. surgery would the money slated for his salary be available? Sorry for the questions, I have no idea how contract insurance works.
    Posted by wherescreamingcomesfrom[/QUOTE]The insurance if they have it would not protect them from CBT (luxury tax) and therefore probably does not change how they manage the payroll budget. It just smooths out the balance sheet, which while improtant isn't anything that we watch on NESN.

Chances are better than 50% they do have some insurance on the contract. Dice K was young enough to make insuring the contract possible.

While the media is engaging in pure speculation the bread crumbs sure indicate that there is some question whether rest and physical rehab is a very practical option or not.

To the RS credit they went to an MRI early based on watching Dice K perform because Dice K was pitching through the injury and was shocked according to the reports that the elbow problems were serious.

Say what you want about the guy, he was prepared to "man-up" and pitch through the pain.