Say they fire Valentine

Who do we blame then?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tchock. Show Tchock's posts

Re: Say they fire Valentine

In Response to Say they fire Valentine:
    [QUOTE]Who do we blame then?
    Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE]

It's all Bobby's fault.

The pitching and hitting are off the charts.  Clearly Bobby stands in the way getting the W.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

They won't fire Valentine.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Let the players manage themselves

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Anti Valentine

Bill Spaceman Lee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

They aren't going to fire Valentine.

I am not sure why that is even being brought up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Blame Lucchino and Henry for keeping Theo around so long after his "executive of the year and decade" awards.  His "boy genius" years were short lived. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Watching college softball. Was Jenny Finch the only hot softball player in the history of softball? Alls these chicks must be pushing 200lbs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I can see both sides of what happened on Saturday. 

On the one hand this is a perfect time to give Doubrant a rest, so you go and get him.  After all, it's safe to assume that ANY BP can guard an eight run lead with three innings to go.

On the other hand, he's only thrown 99 pitches and it IS his game to win or lose and he's not looking like he's 'out of gas'.  So you leave him there.

Either way is defensible.  Were it me I'd have given him one more batter.  If he looked like he was struggling, THEN I'd go get him. 

But... this isn't all about Saturday.  As I said, one can ordinarily make a case either way for Saturday - but this isn't an ordinary situation.  We're 14 games into the season and thus far BV has questioned Youk's commitment AND 'pulled a Grady Little' on Patriot's day by leaving Bard in too long (to pitch to Evan Longoria, no less) at a time when anyone could plainly see that Bard was 'done'. That makes him 0-for-2 in my book and being 0-2 kinda takes away any good will that existed previously.

Thus far I've seen nothing about BV that impresses me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

OP - very few people on this board have been blaming valentine - try to keep up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

They fire Valentine and the Sox can forget about getting a quality replacement.

Ever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

You blame Theo

This is his mess for at least this season

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Say they fire Valentine": [QUOTE]Watching college softball. Was Jenny Finch the only hot softball player in the history of softball? Alls these chicks must be pushing 200lbs. Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE] Jenny has enough to make up for all of them. Jenny is SICK.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

This is absolutely , positively on Theo and , to a lesser extent , his understudy, Cherington. To fire Valentine at this point would be utterly absurd.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Say they fire Valentine": [QUOTE]Who do we blame then? Posted by tbs2007[/QUOTE] J. D. Drew?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

if they were 4-30 I'd say fire Valentine but they're 4-10

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Bush.

Who else?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXN6. Show SOXN6's posts

I understand he has made a few questionable managerial calls BUT....He didnt cause Ells to be injured and crawford too need surgery, an oft. injured closer already on the DL,...have a utility man starting short as well as right field, a catcher who cant call a game,  the closer in the starting rotation, Aceves stretched to start then made the closer, Melancon in AAA. I dont blame Valentine calling out Youk. he has what 5 hits, and has looked questionable at third. And lastly, he sure as heck didnt put this bullpen together. 180mill. for a last place team...But hey we just traded for a center fielder...great move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Theo is responsible for Youk.  He went for Gonzalez instead of Beltre and forced Youk to play out of position.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Youk out of Position? He came up as a third baseman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine:
    [QUOTE]Theo is responsible for Youk.  He went for Gonzalez instead of Beltre and forced Youk to play out of position.
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    At the time, I thought that was the right call. Now, not so much.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Youk out of Position? He came up as a third baseman.

Right and Yaz was signed as a Shortstop.......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

[QUOTE]I can see both sides of what happened on Saturday.  On the one hand this is a perfect time to give Doubrant a rest, so you go and get him.  After all, it's safe to assume that ANY BP can guard an eight run lead with three innings to go. On the other hand, he's only thrown 99 pitches and it IS his game to win or lose and he's not looking like he's 'out of gas'.  So you leave him there. Either way is defensible.  Were it me I'd have given him one more batter.  If he looked like he was struggling, THEN I'd go get him.  But... this isn't all about Saturday.  As I said, one can ordinarily make a case either way for Saturday - but this isn't an ordinary situation.  We're 14 games into the season and thus far BV has questioned Youk's commitment AND 'pulled a Grady Little' on Patriot's day by leaving Bard in too long (to pitch to Evan Longoria, no less) at a time when anyone could plainly see that Bard was 'done'. That makes him 0-for-2 in my book and being 0-2 kinda takes away any good will that existed previously. Thus far I've seen nothing about BV that impresses me. 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

All well said S5.....and you note BVs two most blatant blunders to date.   Leaving Bard in on Patriot's Day - nothing can be said to defend that move, nor calling Youk out in the media.  It's the Youk-type issues that create distractions and dissension, which, if continues, I could see getting him fired, vs. the on-field managerial blunders.  

Sections
Shortcuts