Say they fire Valentine

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Say they fire Valentine

In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine:
    [QUOTE]The Anti Valentine Bill Spaceman Lee
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]I actually kind of like that idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

I think I said this somewhere else, so sorry for being repetitive.
    I was against the Valentine hire from the start. He's far more concerned with himself than he is with managing a team. That said, firing any manager 14 games into a season would be nuts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why people want to have B.V. to be fired if Franconca failed to take his team to the playoff last year when hed had like 9 games lead over Tampa??  The team right now are about the same team as they were in the last two months of the season.

Too many injuries. 

What is Antheim Angels excuse for being in the last place right now?  They are far healthier team than Boston!!! 

Come on, let it go.  Boston is not that good when they have too many injuries.  Their farm system isnt that good either.  In couple years from now, their farm system will get stronger!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Guvnor. Show Guvnor's posts

the shambles isnt bobby v's fault, although he has done couple of stupid things....having said that he is already wearing that haunted look that he had no idea what he has let himself in for, the absract answers to questions accompanied by the vacant stare into the distance, the silly doff of the cap yesterday, its probably dawned on him that after so long out of MLB, he is in way over his head with what he has inherited, and where expectation is way above the resources he has - probably pining for safety of the ESPN studio.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i don't blame valentine for saturdays loss but at the same time it was stupid of him to pull dubront out of the game when he was cruising, not tired and clearly shutting the yanks down. Especially when you know the BP is struggling, (albeit who knew it was THIS bad) and our starters are notorious for not going deep into games.. take as much pressure off this BP as we can!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Make no mistake, he deserves some blame. Absolutely he does. But firing him 14 games into the season would be a panic move. And as we should have learned last September, don't fire somebody unless you're sure you can find a better replacement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Make no mistake, he deserves some blame. Absolutely he does. But firing him 14 games into the season would be a panic move. And as we should have learned last September, don't fire somebody unless you're sure you can find a better replacement.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

I agree.  Bobby V is an idiot and he should not be fired.

I actually mean that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The people who want Valentine fired have never been in charge of anything in their lives.  That is the only way to explain it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]The people who want Valentine fired have never been in charge of anything in their lives.  That is the only way to explain it.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

This is true.  it is also true that people that thought Bobby V would be better than Tito also have never been in charge of anything in their lives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : I agree.  Bobby V is an idiot and he should not be fired. I actually mean that.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Exactly, that sums it up. Crazy as it sounds.
    Hey, Snake, who is that in your avatar? Looks like somebody I should know.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : This is true.  it is also true that people that thought Bobby V would be better than Tito also have never been in charge of anything in their lives.

Actually, no.

The Francona era was over and it was time for new leadership.

So, no.  You are wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : Actually, no. The Francona era was over and it was time for new leadership. So, no.  You are wrong.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

You aren't paying attention.  I didnt say Francona shouldnt have been fired. I am saying people that thought bobby V would make a difference were wrong.

So yes.  I am right. Obviously.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : Exactly, that sums it up. Crazy as it sounds. Hey, Snake, who is that in your avatar? Looks like somebody I should know.

Hey man,

I do not think you know him.  He is a friend of mine in real life who used to play hoop and suffers with mental illness.  Byron Houston.  A little tribute.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : Hey man, I do not think you know him.  He is a friend of mine in real life who used to play hoop and suffers with mental illness.  Byron Houston.  A little tribute.
    I think I do remember him. From Oklahoma State, no? Sad story, and indeed a nice tribute.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]I don't remember a lot of people clamoring for Bobby Valentine or saying that he was going to be a great manager.  A managing change was in order -- and the front office took forever in choosing a new manager.  By the time they finally chose Valentine, I think the general reaction by fans was more like, "...umm...OK...nice they finally chose someone."    It seems only the folks in love with their Tito are the ones comparing Francona to Valentine.  I thought Francona was a very good manager here, but it was time for a change.  I'd like to see the next manager do well, whoever it was going to be.  They had to hire somebody.     To the Francona freaks -- this isn't a Brady/Bledsoe 2001 thing.  If Valentine's team doesn't do well, Francona won't be resuming his old position.  Get a grip.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

You must not have been on this board much.  All sorts of people were talking about how now that the Red Sox had Bobby V things were going to be different.

I don't know who the Francona freaks are.  I knew Francona needed to be fired. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say they fire Valentine : I think I do remember him. From Oklahoma State, no? Sad story, and indeed a nice tribute.

He is a good dude.

Sections
Shortcuts