Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Re: Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I think realism is his career averages. That's not optimist or pessimist, that's realist. Those career averages are pretty decent for a leadoff hitter, as his speed and steals make his .340 career OBP much better than someone with a higher OBP.

The mistake with Ellsbury, from most fans, was thinking he was this superstar and/or destined for greatness. There was nothing about him, from the outset, that reflected that profile.

He'll be a good value and fit for an NL team, just not for the Red Sox.

Why do you think most fans thought Ells was a superstar?

I don't think hardly anyone thought he was a superstar.  he is a good starting outfielder, no more no less.

Wrong. 99% of the board, papers, radio called for locking him up at all costs and wept at the thought of Elles walking at the end of his contract....

I guess I can only go on what I think for myself and what other people I know think. Ells is a good centerfielder, there isn't all that much need for hyprbole one way or the other.

He did have one great year.  Bizarre in retrospect that he hit so many home runs that one season.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Stop pretending like you and softy are the only ones not buying the Kool-Aid."

This is the big takeaway on this post. Many of us are wary of Boras and what he will ask for Ells and whether Ellsbury is worth extending given what it will cost. Many of us would like to see a trade for a good piece we can use. Frankly it doesn't take a genius to accept this and see this. 

What many of us have been bothered by is that you can criticize Ells and argue for his trading without laying on the hate that softy has piled on Ellsbury. For you to applaud how softy has consistently hated and mocked this productive player is shameful on your part. You can root for the player and still argue he should be traded or not re-signed. That's my position. 

Also, and I know you have no tolerance for nuance, the Red Sox medical staff is not blameless in how things have played out with Ellsbury.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

This is the big takeaway on this post. Many of us are wary of Boras and what he will ask for Ells and whether Ellsbury is worth extending given what it will cost. Many of us would like to see a trade for a good piece we can use. Frankly it doesn't take a genius to accept this and see this. 

What many of us have been bothered by is that you can criticize Ells and argue for his trading without laying on the hate that softy has piled on Ellsbury. For you to applaud how softy has consistently hated and mocked this productive player is shameful on your part. You can root for the player and still argue he should be traded or not re-signed. That's my position. 

Also, and I know you have no tolerance for nuance, the Red Sox medical staff is not blameless in how things have played out with Ellsbury.

HATE ???  PRODUCTIVE ?????????  How about overrated & underperforming !!!     Just saying !!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

HATE ???  PRODUCTIVE ?????????  How about overrated & underperforming !!!     Just saying !!

Your posting is garbage T-Baller.

As DAD would say ...........  "SON, that CONAN is right out of the school of "THE BIG O", ...... "I know nothing" " !!!!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.