1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

Batting  CIRCA  250+-  .........   Instead of bashing SOFTY and BLINDLY following the "OLD HOME TEAM", maybe you should ask BEN what changes are needed ?????

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

Are you saying you don't follow or support the old home team?  If so, that explains a lot of your posts and threads. 

To buy Softy's argument you kind of have to ignore 2009 and 2011 and assume the injuries in 2010 and 2012 were not serious.  You also have to assume Ellsbury is stuck right now and can't hit any better than this.  I don't.  I expect Ellsbury, this season, to score over 100 runs, steal over 50 bases, and finish with an OPS over .800.  Not great and certainly not worth a ton of money for his next contract, but pretty good. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Softlaw, Bill-806, and georom are fake Sox fans or pretenders. It's that simple.

SON, this was your 170th post, welcome to the board young-fella, keep your eye on the vets of the board, you will learn alot !!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Batting  CIRCA  250+-  .........   Instead of bashing SOFTY and BLINDLY following the "OLD HOME TEAM", maybe you should ask BEN what changes are needed ?????

Ellsbury has been a disapointment as far as I'm concerned.  He started strong but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Right.

Ellsbury is awful, but somehow other teams will unload all their prime young stars like Kemp, McCutchen and Upton to get him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

My question to you is how many better lead off hitters are there in the Major Leagues? Please tell me who they are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Right.

Ellsbury is awful, but somehow other teams will unload all their prime young stars like Kemp, McCutchen and Upton to get him.

I was just going to say the same thing... "spot on" notin!

Also, softy said "Jake will never hit as many HRs in a season as Crisp did with Cleveland" (I believe 16 was the most.)

softy said, "Jake will never have a .340 OBP over a full season" (later changed to .350).

softy said, "Jake's SBs are over-rated", but he continually blasts Salty for allowing the opps to steal bases.

softy said, "Jake should be our 4th OF'er" in 2011.

softy said, "Jake would not play 125 games this year".

Stop pretending like softy has been the only one saying Jacoby is over-rated, should be and have been traded, and slow to break on balls hit in his direction and take long routes to others. He's not.

Stop pretending like you and softy are the only ones not buying the Kool-Aid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Why not simply get your lips sewn to Stiffy's posterior?

One would think someone of your advanced age would be beyond such a boy-crush???

Be a man Billy-69 and comment on my 'Ells Choking on Home-Cooking' thread!

A thread where a real Boston fan, or any MAN can comment on a big boy topic which isn't designed to endlessly kiss up & pander to one's boyfriend.

You are one weak sister little billy-69!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Right.

I was just going to say the same thing... "spot on" notin!

Also, softy said "Jake will never hit as many HRs in a season as Crisp did with Cleveland" (I believe 16 was the most.)

softy said, "Jake will never have a .340 OBP over a full season" (later changed to .350).

softy said, "Jake's SBs are over-rated", but he continually blasts Salty for allowing the opps to steal bases.

softy said, "Jake should be our 4th OF'er" in 2011.

softy said, "Jake would not play 125 games this year".

Stop pretending like softy has been the only one saying Jacoby is over-rated, should be and have been traded, and slow to break on balls hit in his direction and take long routes to others. He's not.

Stop pretending like you and softy are the only ones not buying the Kool-Aid.

MOON,  Just saying that he is overrated and soon to be overpaid (BORA$$)..... He is replaceable.....  IE:Jackie Bradley Jr.  !!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Softlaw, Bill-806, and georom are fake Sox fans or pretenders. It's that simple.

And you are Pike.  Why do you have so many aliases?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

MOON,  Just saying that he is overrated and soon to be overpaid (BORA$$)..... He is replaceable.....  IE:Jackie Bradley Jr.  !!

-BILL

BILL: I have been saying we should trade Ellsbury for years. I also wanted JBJ as our starting CF'er after the 9 day AAA assignment was over. softy wanted JBJ in LF and Jake in CF once it became clear he wasn't going to be traded. Also, I haven't heard softy saying Ellsbury should be benched vs LHPs and bat 9th vs RHPs until or if he ever starts hitting again.

Again, why keep acting like you two are the only ones suggesting we'd be better with someone else in CF? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

-BILL

BILL: I have been saying we should trade Ellsbury for years. I also wanted JBJ as our starting CF'er after the 9 day AAA assignment was over. softy wanted JBJ in LF and Jake in CF once it became clear he wasn't going to be traded. Also, I haven't heard softy saying Ellsbury should be benched vs LHPs and bat 9th vs RHPs until or if he ever starts hitting again.

Again, why keep acting like you two are the only ones suggesting we'd be better with someone else in CF? 

Thanks for the clarification !!!!  I am pleased that tyour wisdom on this is quite clear !!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to CaptainJamesTKirk's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Troll, choose another forum to irritate!

Captain KIRK..... After only 12 posts, feel free to cathch the next flight out with the rest of the lib/left/rad/soc/enviro/moonbats !!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Mellow60s's comment:

SON, this was your 170th post, welcome to the board young-fella, keep your eye on the vets of the board, you will learn alot !!!!

Bill, 

How many posts a contributor to this board has little to nothing to do with how much they know about baseball. And with your millions of posts one thing is obvious to me and most others who post on this board, you should be the last to give advice and in all of my time as a lurker going back in time I've learned a big "0" from you and your many offerings. 

Mellow

Thank You young fella..... I will take note of that...  OH yes, welcome to the board, you may have a shot at "rookie of the year"  !!!   Have you met SOFTY yet ????

Sections
Shortcuts