Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Say what you want, but SOFTY is SPOT ON about JACOBY ELLSBURY .........

In response to seabeachfred's comment:

In response to 67redsox's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Batting  CIRCA  250+-  .........   Instead of bashing SOFTY and BLINDLY following the "OLD HOME TEAM", maybe you should ask BEN what changes are needed ?????

Ellsbury has been a disapointment as far as I'm concerned.  He started strong but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Ellsbury has become a soft and gutless papoose.  Softlaw can tell you that once I was one of his biggest supporters and we went round and round over who was better, Jacoby or Coco back in 2007 and 2008.  I've seen a different Ellsbury the past two seasons and he has become a parody of himself.  He is a very soft and injury prone player and he is playing for a new contract scared to death about playing poorly----and he is doing  exactly that.  His total lack of production the past month is one reason why the team is having trouble putting runs on the board.  His miserable hitting has had a ripple effect throughout the lineup.  Unless he wants to sign a one year incentive laden contract this fall he had better get off the dime and start producing.  He has been sickening to watch, always faking a bunt when everyone knows he's not going to do that because he has never learned how to in order to take advantage of his speed.

Can't get much more honest than that fred, it's always great to see you check into the board. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Disagree, this kid will hit at the .300 mark by end of season. Too good of a ballplayer. Hit everywhere he's been......it's called a slump
    Humans do these things.
    Softy I read your posts, and some I agree, some dont, but seen Bradley and Jacoby in Double AA, Jacoby was head and Shoulders above Bradley, at this point.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Disagree, this kid will hit at the .300 mark by end of season. Too good of a ballplayer. Hit everywhere he's been......it's called a slump
    Humans do these things.

I hope you're right Craze.  I would gladly give a mea culpa if that came about.  We can certainly use a solid leadoff hitter like Jacoby once was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to PikeJr's comment:

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Batting  CIRCA  250+-  .........   Instead of bashing SOFTY and BLINDLY following the "OLD HOME TEAM", maybe you should ask BEN what changes are needed ?????

Ellsbury has been a disapointment as far as I'm concerned.  He started strong but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Ellsbury has become a soft and gutless papoose.  Softlaw can tell you that once I was one of his biggest supporters and we went round and round over who was better, Jacoby or Coco back in 2007 and 2008.  I've seen a different Ellsbury the past two seasons and he has become a parody of himself.  He is a very soft and injury prone player and he is playing for a new contract scared to death about playing poorly----and he is doing  exactly that.  His total lack of production the past month is one reason why the team is having trouble putting runs on the board.  His miserable hitting has had a ripple effect throughout the lineup.  Unless he wants to sign a one year incentive laden contract this fall he had better get off the dime and start producing.  He has been sickening to watch, always faking a bunt when everyone knows he's not going to do that because he has never learned how to in order to take advantage of his speed.

Can't get much more honest than that fred, it's always great to see you check into the board. 

Two peas and fellow trolls in a pod. Put both onto Ignore, otherwise you are enabling.

I come back here to post after two months and notice you're still here acting like a total jerk.  Hey, guess what?  I'm putting you on ignore where everyone else ought to put you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Thanks, saw Jacoby in Double AA years back, kid is good. Probably a lot on his mind at this point. Has to focus, GOOD Ballplayer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

A good Manager doesn't give up on kid, who he's seen has the talent to win games.
    PATIENCE is a virtue.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Also want to point out not a knock on Bradley like him too.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

Not nearly as sickening as your whining drivel.

STFUnited get a little boring for you Conan?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

I think realism is his career averages. That's not optimist or pessimist, that's realist. Those career averages are pretty decent for a leadoff hitter, as his speed and steals make his .340 career OBP much better than someone with a higher OBP.

The mistake with Ellsbury, from most fans, was thinking he was this superstar and/or destined for greatness. There was nothing about him, from the outset, that reflected that profile.

A rare moment when I see a softlaw post about Ellsbury I agree with.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to notin's comment:

I think realism is his career averages. That's not optimist or pessimist, that's realist. Those career averages are pretty decent for a leadoff hitter, as his speed and steals make his .340 career OBP much better than someone with a higher OBP.

The mistake with Ellsbury, from most fans, was thinking he was this superstar and/or destined for greatness. There was nothing about him, from the outset, that reflected that profile.

A rare moment when I see a softlaw post about Ellsbury I agree with.

B I N G O  !!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

He'll be a good value and fit for an NL team, just not for the Red Sox.

Why do you think most fans thought Ells was a superstar?

I don't think hardly anyone thought he was a superstar.  he is a good starting outfielder, no more no less.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I never wanted the sox to sign him, well not for the presumed cost at least.  But I wonder if he will take a smaller deal or a one year if he has asubpar year?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.