Scathing report on Jared Remy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

Re: Scathing report on Jared Remy

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm changing my stance on Remy.....after reading this article, I think he'd be the wiser to step down from the booth. Out of all of the reports written about Jared Remy, this one clearly paints a picture of a person that was given special favors and treated differntly than most criminals.

Just an unbelievable article.

Read it for yourselves, then tell me what you think.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2014/03/22/jared-remy-timeline/RnIJqOgNMk6tryVl1YjATN/story.html

[/QUOTE]

Wow ! Unbelievable !!! Read the whole article and not once did it mention what you think?

[/QUOTE]

I concur!

Not once do they talk about Jerry Remy hiring the best lawyer money can buy.

[/QUOTE]

The third paragraph......

He was 22 and could not keep a job or stay out of trouble. His parents had hired him the same high-priced lawyer who had prevailed over the district court prosecutors in Jared’s prior cases. So far that lawyer was five for five, sparing Remy jail time, a guilty finding, or anything more than temporary probation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

It is clear that Jared was/is a very sick person who ought to have been incarcerated in a facility for the criminally insane.  The Massachusetts judges who presided over all his cases should hang their collective heads in shame, being swayed by "celebrity".

The parents have their own share of blame.  They appear to have coddled their kid, and not to have made any attempt to rehab their son in a responsible manner.

What resulted was a series of tragedies, leaving physical and emotional scars for a number of women and men, and finally the life of a young woman.

It's a good thing that we are not living in medieval times or even in the wild west days; otherwise, Jared would have felt the mob fury a long time ago.  I suppose the advent of civilization and the rule of law never quite removed favored/preferential treatment for the priviledged class!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

btw - isn't a 19 year old impregnating a 16 year old called "statutory rape"???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

I believe it is if she has not yet completed 16!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Not that anyone who has decided the Remy family has to be punished somehow for enabling their son, will want to hear it, but here's a statement from them.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/03/22/statement-from-remy-family/5lpNjpNYn60Qv1UKf2uzIO/story.html

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not that anyone who has decided the Remy family has to be punished somehow for enabling their son, will want to hear it, but here's a statement from them.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/03/22/statement-from-remy-family/5lpNjpNYn60Qv1UKf2uzIO/story.html

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Jerry should be punished, but that he should step aside til the trial is over.  I don't agree with those that think he should be out right fired from NESN.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Ergoetal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First:  thanks to John Henry and the Globe for not killng this story.

Second:  true, we don't know everythng, but the few things we do know are telling.

We know that Jerry got him a puff job with the Red Sox when the court had wanted to see him find and hold a job.  Finding and holding a job doesn't mean letting your dad make a phone call.

We also know that Jennifer intended to go to the police the night before she was killed, but decided not to after phoning the Remys.  We don't know, but it would seem the Remys convinced her not to go to the cops, because they'd "taken away the spare key."

Enabling Jared was their pattern of behavior all along.

They had the money to keep hiim from having to grow up, and to keep some of his less-well-off girfriends beholden to them -- and hm.

[/QUOTE]

I took a different view of what I highlighted.

J. Henry might have wanted the story told to apply pressure to NESN to get rid of Jerry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It sure sounds like they tried to do the right thing.

It does however seem to me that he was booted from the Red Sox payroll for his involvement with steroids.  So, it makes me wonder why Jerry said there wasn't a single incident besides the traffic ticket.  

Anyway.....  Dealing with a family member with serious mental illness is as tough as it gets.  While they may not have done enough, it does seem that they were doing a great deal to force him into getting help.

Tough situation!  My heart goes out to her family!!!!  It also goes out to the Remys.

Not so sure any of us should condemn the Remys without knowing all they've been through & done.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Second:  true, we don't know everythng, but the few things we do know are telling.

We know that Jerry got him a puff job with the Red Sox when the court had wanted to see him find and hold a job.  Finding and holding a job doesn't mean letting your dad make a phone call.

We also know that Jennifer intended to go to the police the night before she was killed, but decided not to after phoning the Remys.  We don't know, but it would seem the Remys convinced her not to go to the cops, because they'd "taken away the spare key."

They had the money to keep hiim from having to grow up, and to keep some of his less-well-off girfriends beholden to them -- and hm.

J. Henry might have wanted the story told to apply pressure to NESN to get rid of Jerry.

[/QUOTE]

I believe he owns 80% of NESN. The other 20% is owned by the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

It's hard to say, from the outside, looking in. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. Whatever they did or didn't do, they may have done what the believed was best for their son, family or the best they could.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not saying Jerry should be punished, but that he should step aside til the trial is over.  I don't agree with those that think he should be out right fired from NESN.

[/QUOTE]

The trial isn't scheduled to start, until the regular season is over.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gzfx. Show gzfx's posts

I can't stand any of this.  And I'll stop watching games until Jerry's gone.  Everyone involved, lawyers, judges, and red sox have a piece of blame for this guy being out on the streets. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

Domestic violence needs to be corrected at the first instance.  In Jarod's case Jerry should have left him at the hands of a public defender.

I remember my sister getting pushed around by one of her bf's when we were growing up.  The kid's father found out and beat him senseless, then called my dad and told him what happened and said do whatever you want.

My senior citizen mother showed up with severe wrist bruises a few years back.  I called one her her live in bf's five sons and told him he had 10 minutes to collect his father.

I am sure if I ever beat a woman my father would have let me rot in jail and at the mercy of a public defender.  We had many talks of how guys who beat women are low lifes and always walk away as soon as an argument starts.

I have met a few jarod remy's in my life and not one has even come close to raising a hand in my direction, no matter how much I provoked them.

Jerry's high priced lawyers knew how to judge shop and how to barter. Jerry paved the way by paying over $300K in lawyers fees and who knows in living expenses.  Jarod's statement of he always wins is the typical response of a spoiled rich kid and right out of titanic from Rose's finance who hit her on the boat.

I have been on this since the beginning and thought back then that Jerry should step down.  Jerry should first back off from the custody case and set up a nice fat trust fund for his grandchild.

If jerry does back off the custody case, I will put aside my differences and listen to him once again. Until then it is mute or the radio.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from roberr48. Show roberr48's posts

Jerry is now simply in the way, as he appears to be embarrassingly straining with his analysis to get the viewers to concentrate on what he is saying about the game...Sad to say, but when Jerry talks, I think about his son the murderer, & what appears to be an All Star Disfunctional family mess.....I just want to think baseball when I watch the Sox......Hopefully NESN brings in Eck to the rescue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to roberr48's comment:

Jerry is now simply in the way, as he appears to be embarrassingly straining with his analysis to get the viewers to concentrate on what he is saying about the game...Sad to say, but when Jerry talks, I think about his son the murderer, & what appears to be an All Star Disfunctional family mess.....I just want to think baseball when I watch the Sox......Hopefully NESN brings in Eck to the rescue.

Eck has already stated he's not interested. Doesn't want the full time commitment or travel, anymore. He filled in,  the last 6 weeks of last season, due to the circumstances.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

When exactly did beating up helpless girls and women become associated with mental disease?  This kid was a weakling midget with a Napoleon complex.

So lets stop throwing out a Mental Disease diagnosis for this loser.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may be right.  Interesting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

When exactly did beating up helpless girls and women become associated with mental disease?  This kid was a weakling midget with a Napoleon complex.

So lets stop throwing out a Mental Disease diagnosis for this loser.

I agree, but they are not mutually exclusive.  Sounds like there was existing mental illness, but he was also a sick little POFS  in addition to the mental illness.  They are in fact two seperate things!  Those who suffer from mental illness are also responsible for doing evil things!  Beating up any girl, young woman, or woman of any age  is indefensible!

I can tell you one thing.  This would only happen to my daughter once, & it would never happen a gain!  Period.  End of story!  Not trying to be a tough guy, it's just a fact.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

You may be right.  Interesting.

[/QUOTE]

Fenway Sports Group From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia     Fenway Sports Group Type Private Industry Sports investment Founded DelawareUSA (2001) Founder(s) John W. Henry
    Thomas C. Werner Headquarters Boston, MAUSA Key people John W. Henry
    Tom Werner  (Chairman)
    David Ginsberg  (Vice Chairman)
    Philip H. Morse  (Vice Chairman) Subsidiaries Boston Red Sox
    Liverpool F.C.
    Fenway Park
    Anfield
    Roush Fenway Racing
    Fenway Sports Management
    NESN Website www.fenwaysportsgroup.com

Fenway Sports Group (FSG) is an American sports investment company. It is the parent company of Major League Baseball's Boston Red Sox and Premier League football clubLiverpool F.C..

FSG was founded in 2001 as New England Sports Ventures when John W. Henry joined forces with Tom WernerLes OttenThe New York Times Company and other investors to successfully bid for the Red Sox. NESV formally announced its name change to Fenway Sports Group in March 2011.[1]

In addition to owning the Red Sox and Liverpool F.C., the Boston-based limited liability company also owns the home stadiums for both teams (Fenway Park and Anfield) andFenway Sports Management (which in turn owns the Salem Red Sox of the Class ACarolina League, a minor league baseball franchise), plus 80 percent of the New England Sports Network and 50 percent of Roush Fenway Racing, a NASCAR teame

John Henry own NESN

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would surmise if you can get removed from a job as a reporter for sleeping with a player you could certainly lose your job as an announcer once all of this came out.

[/QUOTE]

Are you familiar with the term 'conflict of interest' Pike?

LOL.......   my little Samsung handheld tablet just suggested the spelling LagunaJose's when I typed in Pike.Yell

Now that's funny!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would surmise if you can get removed from a job as a reporter for sleeping with a player you could certainly lose your job as an announcer once all of this came out.

Are you familiar with the term 'conflict of interest' Pike?

LOL.......   my little Samsung handheld tablet just suggested the spelling LagunaJose's when I typed in Pike.Yell

Now that's funny!

[/QUOTE]

T isn't pike, RSDD. 

25. This post has been removed.