Scherzer and Verlander....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Scherzer and Verlander....

....are dangerous, fire breathing, carnivorous BEASTS. Id rather play Oakland, not looking forward to seeing these guys again if we win one of the next three against Tampa. Very, very glad we have HFA! Go A's! Lead off walk for Oakland in the 7th. Hopoefully a crack in the armor....we'll see....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Scherzer and Verlander....

In response to tampa2013's comment:

This warrants a thread?

Apparently. J-Bay and I only do what The Globe tells us to pike. Bark up another tree. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Exactly.

Shhhhh, not so loud pike......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, Scherzer, Verlander, Moore and Price all did not win.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

This warrants a thread?

What is it that offends you about someone discussing our next rival, assuming we move forward?

I mean, if you were at a pub, and people starting discussing which opponent they'd like to face, would you tell them it is an inappropriate discussion topic?

If you think the topic is uninteresting, don't bother even clicking on it.  But there is no reason to try to control what others want to discuss.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

So, Scherzer, Verlander, Moore and Price all did not win.

Sox4ever

All except Scherzer did not win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

....are dangerous, fire breathing, carnivorous BEASTS. Id rather play Oakland, not looking forward to seeing these guys again if we win one of the next three against Tampa. Very, very glad we have HFA! Go A's! Lead off walk for Oakland in the 7th. Hopoefully a crack in the armor....we'll see....

After having watch this for a gazillion years, I've come to the conclusion that all playoff teams are pretty tough.  In retrospect, I guess this startling discovery is not quite Fangraphs material, but success in the playoffs seems so random.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

OP is dead on.  Oakland actually does not have that bad a lineup.  Despite playing in an immense ballpark they are like 5th in the AL in runs scored.  And those two maniacs went threw them like attilla the hun's illegitimate sons. 

Here's my complaint about Verlander, his one and only fault.  He has too many great pitches and wants to use them all.  He could have gone 9 last night if he had been more efficient.  That's it.  That's his one and only weakness--too good for his own good.  And Scherzer is better. 

What I also like about the OP is discussing other teams in the playoffs.  When the Sox are in it--and doing well--nothing could be more fun than scouting the opposition and collectively writing our own report. 

Of course, we should note that Tigers and Athletics fans might be writing reports about us and maybe saying, "they just blew away two excellent lefties.  That lineup is deep.  What kind of BS report was that about Ellsbury having a broken foot?  And when does Ortiz's bad achilles take over?  If they had only kept Iglesias, at least there would be one hole in the lineup.  And what's all this jazz about Drew not being very good at SS when he turns two very nice double plays with Pedroia?  The bullpen was supposed to be the weakness but went 3.2 scoreless last night after Lackey gave up 4 in 5.1.   We gotta, gotta root for Tampa.  Or hope their beards develop lice."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Here's my complaint about Verlander, his one and only fault.  He has too many great pitches and wants to use them all.  He could have gone 9 last night if he had been more efficient.  That's it.  That's his one and only weakness--too good for his own good.  And Scherzer is better. 

Scherzer had a better year than Verlander.  I think we should leave it at that for now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scherzer had a better year than Verlander.  I think we should leave it at that for now.

No question he was/is better this year.  I was intentionally exaggerating in concert with the OP. 

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

This warrants a thread?

What is it that offends you about someone discussing our next rival, assuming we move forward?

I mean, if you were at a pub, and people starting discussing which opponent they'd like to face, would you tell them it is an inappropriate discussion topic?

If you think the topic is uninteresting, don't bother even clicking on it.  But there is no reason to try to control what others want to discuss.

[/QUOTE]

Its just pike being pike. He followed me around the forum last night posting everywhere I went, commenting on everything. Ignore.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Tampa 2013 made a crack that this warrants a thread ? I'm happy you started it and after beating Moore & Price I'm not afraid of Scherzer and Verlander but I do want our world series to come through California.

It's 8:15 am here...many beers last night in Sports Bar watching A's win and want them to win so I can go to Sox games here with my Boston Strong t-shirt & "B" on my cap. Then will drive to tinsel town to watch us beat Dodgers. Hate LA teams and SF almost has same rivalry with them as NY & Boston but still not as intense. I do not fear Dodgers. SF in last place won season series 11-8. We beat SF 2/3 & then went to LA and C. Crawford wanted a sweep and we won 2/3. But I will admit that Kershaw did not pitch. Loved it when LA losing by 1 run to Atlanta in 7th CC hit into a DP with bases jamned & then in 9th 1 run down struck out with 2 on to end the game

At least 25% of fans here are Sox expats & some will fly out as they did when Sox played SF Giants. In Tampa I would guess that 35-40% are Sox fans. Go Sox.

Ok, got to get ready to watch Pats & 49ers tonight. OH, Mea Culpa Tampa 2013 for discussing football here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Tampa 2013 made a crack that this warrants a thread ? I'm happy you started it and after beating Moore & Price I'm not afraid of Scherzer and Verlander but I do want our world series to come through California.

It's 8:15 am here...many beers last night in Sports Bar watching A's win and want them to win so I can go to Sox games here with my Boston Strong t-shirt & "B" on my cap. Then will drive to tinsel town to watch us beat Dodgers. Hate LA teams and SF almost has same rivalry with them as NY & Boston but still not as intense. I do not fear Dodgers. SF in last place won season series 11-8. We beat SF 2/3 & then went to LA and C. Crawford wanted a sweep and we won 2/3. But I will admit that Kershaw did not pitch. Loved it when LA losing by 1 run to Atlanta in 7th CC hit into a DP with bases jamned & then in 9th 1 run down struck out with 2 on to end the game

At least 25% of fans here are Sox expats & some will fly out as they did when Sox played SF Giants. In Tampa I would guess that 35-40% are Sox fans. Go Sox.

Ok, got to get ready to watch Pats & 49ers tonight. OH, Mea Culpa Tampa 2013 for discussing football here.

Yes, Im not as afraid of them either after what we did to Moore and Price, and we did beat Scherzer a few weeks back. Still, better safe than sorry...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Anibal Sanchez was the AL ERA leader...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to notin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Anibal Sanchez was the AL ERA leader...

[/QUOTE]

Even more reason to avoid them.