Schilling bashers apologize here.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Schilling bashers apologize here.

If any have the courage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Schilling bashers apologize here.

I have to say... I didn't bash Schilling but I didn't like he aired the laundry the way he did. It is not professional in my opinion. If he had said he didn't think B. Val. was a good fit and this team has issues that were not fixed in the offseason then fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Don't mess with Big Schil!!!!!!

3 Rings, 2 w/ Boston

The best thing BV will be remembered for is his disguise when he came back to the dugout after he was thrown out of a game - one of the worst things I have ever seen a manager do

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling bashers apologize here.:
    I have to say... I didn't bash Schilling but I didn't like he aired the laundry the way he did. It is not professional in my opinion. If he had said he didn't think B. Val. was a good fit and this team has issues that were not fixed in the offseason then fine.
    Posted by DaBlade

A fair remark.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

schill is an idiot...to say that before the season began was just sour grapes...even a broken clock is right 2x a day....we are a bit injured, no? You think Crawford, Ells, and Dice might make a difference?

What i dont like is the lack of young players pushing the vets to play hard, fight for their jobs, and stop whining....

the day Pedroia sounded off about valentine, he should have been suspended for a game and Iggy brought up to replace him...message heard loud and clear...instead more of the same me-first dysfunction in the clubhouse w/no player taking responsibility for their poor play...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

No, I do not think that Crawford would make any difference at all.  Unless it's your goal to finish in last place.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I said Valentine was a bad fit for this team way before Schilling did.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that a guy who had to go to Japan to find a job in baseball wouldn't be any good managing an MLB team.

I think a more laid back individual will get better results.

I really don't think the players like this guy, especially Youk.

And if you think a front office manager will get better results than a player's manager, you haven't been paying attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Instead of buying the 25 guys Bose Headphones, we should send them all Glasses w/ Moustaches and Big Noises!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Granite2000. Show Granite2000's posts

Last season, Schilling predicted the Red Sox would not make the playoffs at least a week before the end of the regular season.

He was then (of course!) attacked viciously and mercilessly by many posters on this board. Problem was, he was 100% correct. He correctly predicted the outcome based upon the situation as he assessed it.

Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message. There's a good chance Schill knows much, much more about Major League Baseball than you, the rage-blinded messageboard typist who probably can't see a 93 mph fastball much less throw one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Last season, Schilling predicted the Red Sox would not make the playoffs at least a week before the end of the regular season. He was then (of course!) attacked viciously and mercilessly by many posters on this board. Problem was, he was 100% correct. He correctly predicted the outcome based upon the situation as he assessed it. Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message. There's a good chance Schill knows much, much more about Major League Baseball than you, the rage-blinded messageboard typist who probably can't see a 93 mph fastball much less throw one.
    Posted by Granite2000

Well said my friend!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Last season, Schilling predicted the Red Sox would not make the playoffs at least a week before the end of the regular season. He was then (of course!) attacked viciously and mercilessly by many posters on this board. Problem was, he was 100% correct. He correctly predicted the outcome based upon the situation as he assessed it. Don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message. There's a good chance Schill knows much, much more about Major League Baseball than you, the rage-blinded messageboard typist who probably can't see a 93 mph fastball much less throw one.
    Posted by Granite2000

Nobody would be dogging Shill was of a different political persuasion - I honestly believe that.  What cracks me up is - the press (radio, television, print) ask his opinion, he give's it, and then the hordes come out in record numbers whining about what he said.  I've heard it said he never met a microphone he didn't like.  Well, who's sticking the microphone in his face - certainly not he himself.  As far as I'm concerned, he knows more about this game and particularly pitching than any of our local reporters, talk-show hosts, and yes - including we fans.  There'd have been a slobberfest had he predicted we win a WS - thing is - this team isn't even a playoff contender - and he know's it, and deep down inside alot of us know it to.  Unfortunately, given his political views, he gets hammered for telling the truth or giving his opinion.  If he was rallying at any Kennedy campaign, he'd be a saint around these parts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Schilling's a clown.
    Posted by bellhorn_

You look at one every day in the mirror. What other credentials do you have ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Let's stir things up just for the fun of it.
    Curt said that word from the Sox ST camp was that Valentine wasn't the right guy for the job -- or words to that effect.
    Who was his inside source? Not likely any of the players new to the team. They had other fish to fry -- and certainly didn't want to antagonize the manager. Aviles was fighting for a position, and Gonzalez doesn't seem the tattle-tale type.
    ( Though you never can tell about these quiet guys. ) Might the pitchers who hated tales out of school about them be telling tales out of school about Valentine? ( Curt hated tales out of school when he was active. ) Doubtful. Valentine made it his business to contact them before ST, so what's not to like about his attitude towards them? Beckett said he liked the idea of less running.
    Are we getting warm?
    Youkilis said that he liked going over fundamentals that players might have forgotten. He liked the drills.
    Are we getting warmer?
    IIRC, nothing was heard publicly about Valentine or about ST from a certain player not famous for a zipped lip. But we have lately heard comments from said player about Japan the Sox way of doing things.
    Are we there yet? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Not sure what "they" (Schilings bashers) have to appologize for...voicing thier opin? Curious becasue if that is the case then doesn't Schilling owe them and appology for voicing his?

I get that your intent with this thread is to stir the pot...which coincidently is the motive behind Schilling's comments about Bobby V and all things Red Sox. His job at ESPN is to offer said opins and for that he get's a paycheck. His on air personality is consistent with his personna when he played. The morale of this story is we're all entittled to our opinions. To include Curt Schilling, and when he offers an appology for voicing his, then I think it only fair to ask the same of those that disagree with him and interm offer thiers...

So that I am consistent with the above I appologize to all for offering mine...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Few if any commentators agree with schilling, and I don't because he damned valentine very early on. As for his prediction late last season, a lot of people saw the trend, but plenty of us refused to believe it. Right now it's hard to see a lot of discontent on this team, except of course for the pitchers who caused last years debacle and are still pitching lousy--Beckett and Lester. Then hitting is once again the best in MLB, and the fielding is adequate if uninspired. The pitching just might come around but is right now the worst in MLB. Bobby v is still learning what these guys can do, and they are still learning about him.

Sections
Shortcuts