Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad'

In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad':
    [QUOTE]Injuries as an annual excuse. Every team has them, but a 160M payroll should be flogged for using it as an excuse. Schilling is correct, Varitek is useless.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

BDC is correct: You are useless. Pity the bans don't stick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

If BDC was correct, Obama wouldn't be El Presidente and you wouldn't be a ward of the State.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

This whole "Red Sox Collapse" is being blown out of proportion. 

It is so sad that we are discussing "clubhouse drama".  

As much as I admire Curt Schilling, he sometimes talks too much. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If I was young enough to still have heroes than Curt Schilling would be my hero - he rules.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Yes. Schilling was the clubhouse leader for 2 title teams.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad' : You fool nobody. You are not a Red Sox fan. Hopefully many put you onto ignore.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Ah and now we come to it, the real reason for your multiple screen-names. It is not the 4 or 5 banning's but its the fact you realize you will not be heard if you stick with one name - because you would be IGNORED.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

You just now figured that out???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Isn't it obvious, Schill was a big mouth as a teammate but people respected him and likely listened to him.  He backed up his words by performance on the field.

As I said before I am more like Tito - my team hated their previous manger because he went by the book and was a true azz. I came along and they loved me, but after nearly two years on the road they had taken advantage of my way of management, and nearly brought the house down.  I felt stabbed in the back a bit.  They totally forgot how much they hated the previous manager but when he was there the one thing they did do is LISTEN TO HIM.

There I feel healed. Revealing a bit of my personal life on the forum. I think I can cancel the therapy and acupuncture.

Seriously though - I feel I can relate to Tito's plight and I really feel for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I should ad, you better believe Beckett listened to Schilling when he spoke. Just  as you better believe Lester listens to Beckett.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Beckett and Lester need to take notes when Schilling speaks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]You just now figured that out???
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I just figured it had the multiple identities so that it could pretend to itself that others thought like it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]I should ad, you better believe Beckett listened to Schilling when he spoke. Just  as you better believe Lester listens to Beckett.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Didn't Jon Lester say he was a "...grown a$$ man" who made his own decision? Realize we ARE talking about athletes (Beckett, Lester, Schilling.) They generally are not the brightest bulbs in the box and few a leaders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Einstein once left his house without his pants on.
    And he was a grown man at the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Beckett and Lester need to take notes when Schilling speaks.

...and when Hank speaks too, right?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

First,an admission.I'm probably one of the biggest "Pollyanna's" on this board.I believed in the Sox right to the bitter end of the season.That being said,here's my take on some of the revelations about the 2011 Red Sox team.
     Schilling's a loud mouth,arrogant jerk but he's also right.Lester's trying to minimize his and the rest of the beer buddies effect on the September swoon.I find that and his throwing Francona under the bus really disappointing.I expected better from him.The starting pitchers set themselves apart from the rest of the team by their own choice.The lame excuses about the dugout being too small and uncomfortable shouldn't fly with anyone.These guys are well paid to be players on a team,not just individuals whose only responsibility is to pitch every 5 days.What ever happened to supporting the people you play with?         Schilling would be in the dugout on his off days taking notes on batters and charting pitches during games.Beckett is too lazy to do his own work and relied on Varitek to do it for him,which is why he wanted only Varitek to catch him.Despite Tek's declining physical skills,at least he was still doing his work on his days off.
       As horrible as Lackey was,he should be embarassed for his lack of effort to straighten himself out by working harder and paying attention to the games on his off days.It's one thing if you're doing poorly and attempting to improve by doing everything you can to improve.It's another thing to pitch horribly and just accept it and saying "I thought I was pitching well and hitting my spots" after giving up 6-8 runs in 4 innings.I'm sure his histrionics while pitching didn't sit well with his teammates either. 
      Even Buchholz was getting the diva attitude when he was coming off his season ending injury.He didn't want to pitch out of the bullpen,he wanted to start and said it to any reporter who would listen. 
       Just a sad state of affairs.This starting pitching staff needs some drastic changes in attitude and/or personnel.
        And yes,I'll be the sucker next season rooting for the Sox again and believing that this is their year,defending and making excuses for them when things aren't going well.Pretty sad when a fan cares more about the team then some of the players do. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad' : I happen to fault his opinions. he comes to the table with some built in bias. The fact that he was a great pitcher and was truly heroic in 2004 should does not change that. On matters of clubhouse or for that matter conditioning, Schill did not always walk his current talk. His position as a former player and "hero" give his poinions extra weight to many. As for the collapse I am sure there were plenty of issues. The club went 7-20 so duh! But the market has been out for blood from the moment Carl Crawford dropped the sinking liner in LF in Baltimore. It started with taking a two week comment from Adrian Gonzalez and tying it together with his saying at the moment of absolute belief that it was God's will and hasn't stopped yet. Guys are getting blasted for not talking, for talking. Epstein makes a mess and he's a victim. Francona's leadership failed him and he's a victim. If either guy got extended the market would scream about that. Sorry but it all looks like a temper tantrum and is a huge as the collapse itself. And Schilling IMO feeds it with a certain amount of prejudice and some self-interest. As far as fault goes, go ahead and find every one and then what? What changes the prior result? What the RS do today forward seems to be the answer.     
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

You go, Katz. I agree.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from legion12941. Show legion12941's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. Schilling was the clubhouse leader for 2 title teams.

Uh, 3 actually. '01 Arizona

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]-a Yankee fan posting anti-Schilling comments doesn't shock me.  I wouldn't like him either if I liked pinstripes. -Everything Schilling said was right.  Oh by the way, he's a commentator now. -On Lester, good for him for acting like a "leader" (No!!) and taking some heat.  And he's right, they did the same stuff they did when they were leading the majors. The key though was the commentary on Tito.  He really clarified why it WAS time for Tito to go. Surprisingly honest.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You got the wrong Yankee fan. Jete has never come here to bash the Sox. I completely agree that Schilling has said too much about things he doesn't know about.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad' : Excellent post!! And I agree there are still just too many pollyannas and apologist rumpswabs who are going to be willing to give these guys a pass on this--and they shouldn't get a pass, no one should. One of the biggest problems with this franchise---and the main reason IMO why it's in such disarray--is that there has been zero accountability over there, at all levels. And that needs to change if this thing is to get straightened out. I guess to be fair we should probably point out that some fans simply aren't intelligent enough to understand this, but those who are I'm sure fully understand the need for accountability with these bums.
    Posted by greenapplesplatters[/QUOTE]

So says the "Boston fan" no one knows since 2006, who's looking forward to rubber chickens being thrown on the field.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Schilling's a loud mouth,arrogant jerk but he's also right.

Not at all. Obama is a loud mouth arrogant jerk, and he is wrong. We agree that Schilling is right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]DennyGalehouse and GreenAppleSplatters are the new Babe and Mikey. Mikey could be Michael Felger.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Not true of Galehouse, but Greenapplesplatters sounds exactly like Mikey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xorsed. Show xorsed's posts

I don't think Lester was intentionally trying to throw Francona under the bus. Because of these two articles...

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/rob-bradford/2011/10/18/getting-his-message-across-jon-lester-reacts-

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/7116960/boston-red-sox-jon-lester-calls-clubhouse-backlash-witch-hunt

Apparently, he was really upset by the way his comments about Tito were responded to and made a point of clearing things up. Read what Lester says in these two articles before demonizing him further. I'm actually surprised that nobody else has seemed to seen these.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad' : I just figured it had the multiple identities so that it could pretend to it self that others thought like it .  
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I know that one day there will be a Sox poster who finally calls Yankee fans out on their multiple aliases. Incredibly, it hasn't happened yet, but I know that one day it's possible.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

2004Idiots's page
    User Image
    This member hasn't added any personal information yet..

Add 2004Idiots as a friend and you'll see when 2004Idiots adds some details.

2004Idiots's Page
    All Recent Activity
    Posted 10/17/2011 6:04 PM EDT
    From MLB Trade RumorsThe Red Sox asked the Cubs to include Matt Garza as compensation for GM Theo Epstein, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com.. However, the Cubs declined and...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 3:52 PM EDT
    Dan Shaughnessy/Boston Globe Your turn, Josh Beckett. You, too, John Lackey. Time for the rest of the beer-swillin’, biscuit-eatin’, fried-chicken munchin’ Red Sox st...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:59 PM EDT
    1 day ago 1 day ago
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:47 PM EDT
    WEEI:Former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling, in an interview with the Mut & Merloni Show, discussed the recent comments by starter Jon Lester about the clubhouse issues that includ...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 1:16 PM EDT
    MikeGiardi Michael Giardi #RedSox sourcesare calling Jon Lester's comments to @PeteAbe about drinking in the clubhouse "not the whole truth. Incomplete." A friend of mine sa...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 12:33 PM EDT
    by Rob Bradford/WEEI According to Patrick Mooney of CSN Chicago,the Red Sox "are believed to be focused on" 22-year-old Cubs minor league hurler Trey McNutt as compensation f...  more >
    Posted 10/17/2011 9:13 AM EDT
    Hi Soxdog67; I'm looking for another Jim Lonborg.
    Posted 10/17/2011 8:56 AM EDT
    The 2012 Beckett is no longer a number 1; he doesn't have that high 90's fastball anymore and after last season his work ethic is questionable. Lester and Buchholz haven't proven t...  more >
    Posted 10/16/2011 4:17 PM EDT
    by Nick Cafardo/Boston GlobeHope his troublesome elbow, which is being examined again this week, doesn’t blow out? Hope you can get the Angels to take him back and get Vernon Wel...  more >

It's becoming abundantly clear why this board is being plagued with this garbage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Schilling on M&M: Lester comments 'sad' : I know that one day there will be a Sox poster who finally calls Yankee fans out on their multiple aliases. Incredibly, it hasn't happened yet, but I know that one day it's possible.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

What does this tell you about pike? That most here would take an annoying Yankee poster over pike anyday.