Schilling on the Herd this AM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Re: Schilling on the Herd this AM

Beckett served up a homer in the first inning, lol.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It would be a worse idea than BV.....You can't have a guy who was once peers/contemporaries with these guys.......terrible idea........maybe in 10 years when they are all gone you can bring in Tek but you can not do it now.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Schilling is a blow hard who not only lost himself millions of dollard but other people lost their jobs, the state of Rhode Island lost a lot, etc.

How much are his words worth when someone did what he did with his company?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling on the Herd this AM:
    fred, good to see your name again.  I'm not sure a young guy to manage a suddenly young team is the best thing.  But I like the idea of a Dave Martinez, or a Sandy Alomar.  Prefer Varitek with no experience over Farrell, too.  But I think they should let Bobby V work to the end of his contract and give him a chance to have all his own coaches.  I would prefer to see that. 
    Posted by parhunter55

Good to be back again and glad you and Georom and a few others are still here. I'll tell  you this Parhunter---if we are going to keep Valentine the front office must allow Bobby to be Bobby and stop interfering with his running of the team.  Too many times this season when he got verbal with a player there was the meddling Lucchino and his flunky sidekick telling him to tone it down.

Of course, it will be up to Valentine to manage his rear end off the last month of the season.  He must go with the kids and show that he knows how to handle the young players and still get the most out of his team.  If the FO is not going to let him do that he should tell them to stick it and go back to ESPN.  Some way or other, though, whoever manages this team must be able to manage it without interferene from a moron like Lucchino is a flim- flam man who knows how to sell the team and is properties to the fans but whose knowledge of the game leaves a helluva lot to be desired.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

is schilling serious? what a tool and an idiot...besides the fact that he has NO managerial experience (yea let him practice on the job in Boston of all places!) Varitek was the CAPTAIN that did nothing while those punks in the clubhouse ruined the season with their antics...what is the message you want to send with Tek's hiring: its partytime again?  with insight like that you can see why he invested 50 million dollars into a video game business that was obsolete by the time the corporation formed...talk about a guy not being able to see forward
    Posted by georom4

I see you're still that tough SOB I used to enjoy reading and exchanging posts with, and you are spot on with your analysis.  Varitek was AWOL last September when Francona's entitlement nursury threw him under the bus after he coddled them to ruin.  Varitek was worthless in his role last September, and while I do not dismiss the possibility that he could someday manage his beloved team, 2013 IS NOT THE TIME FOR IT.

As for Schilling, I will cut him a little slack.  I can't ever forget what sacrificed for the team in 2004 and his contribution three years later when he helped us win another WS.  Still, he was way off the mark with those comments.  Strange, though.  I got to hear what he said from secondary sources.  When I arrived for my morning workout at my local 24 Hour Fitness Gym he was one minute away from appearing on The Herd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling on the Herd this AM : He studied and knew hitters, and called a great game.  I don't know if he knows the mechanics a pitcher needs to have better than anyone, though.
    Posted by chuchos

Didn't prevent Dave Duncan from becoming an excellent pitching coach.  I suspect that pitching coaches at the major league level don't teach mechanics as much as they teach a successful approach for each pitcher, and that is as much a mental approach as it is about pitch selection.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling on the Herd this AM : Good to be back again and glad you and Georom and a few others are still here. I'll tell  you this Parhunter---if we are going to keep Valentine the front office must allow Bobby to be Bobby and stop interfering with his running of the team.  Too many times this season when he got verbal with a player there was the meddling Lucchino and his flunky sidekick telling him to tone it down. Of course, it will be up to Valentine to manage his rear end off the last month of the season.  He must go with the kids and show that he knows how to handle the young players and still get the most out of his team.  If the FO is not going to let him do that he should tell them to stick it and go back to ESPN.  Some way or other, though, whoever manages this team must be able to manage it without interferene from a moron like Lucchino is a flim- flam man who knows how to sell the team and is properties to the fans but whose knowledge of the game leaves a helluva lot to be desired.
    Posted by seabeachfred

I am with you in a complete dislike of Larry L.  And Agree that if you hire Bobby, you must let him be the guy you thought you were hiring.  He has never had a chance to be himself here.  I hope he gets that chance in 2013, personally.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

My biggest objection to Varitek as manager is that he would probably wear a big stupid M on his shirt where the big stupid C used to be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling on the Herd this AM : seriously, did Schilling really say this? I think I am going to write a letter to ESPN demanding they fire him as an analyst...why would they pay him for this kind of "expert" commentary????
    Posted by georom4

Pfeh. They paid Valentine, didn't they? Look where he wound up.

Sections
Shortcuts