Schilling sends a letter to Red Sox Nation. Your reaction?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarkFenX89. Show DarkFenX89's posts

Re: Schilling sends a letter to Red Sox Nation. Your reaction?

In Response to Re: Schilling sends a letter to Red Sox Nation. Your reaction?:
    [QUOTE]The timing of the actual invitation is irrelevant. We all knew a long time ago that the event was taking place on this date and all living players were invited. Schilling would be there if he wanted to be.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Although we may all know that all living players will be invited, until Schilling received the invitation, he should not plan on taking time off work. That's not how the business world works. Second, how do you think it would look if Schilling "invites himself" before receiving the invitation by planning to take time off work to go? It would look arrogant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Makes no sense why he wouldn't be there

He should get some of the loudest ovations

How many Sox starters have 2 World Series Rings in Boston?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Curt is a good man......  Will always be there in Red Sox History.... Problem lies with the workings of one Larry Lucciano's !!!  The slick lawyer/politician/king of the court !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Yeah, Darkfen, because Curt Schilling obviously spends a lot of time worrying about looking arrogant. As for taking time off work, get real. The guy in charge can take time off if he wants. That is, in fact how the business world works.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Also, I heard someone on the radio, either Werner or Lucchino, talking about the late invitation to Francona, HIS ACTUAL WORDS:

"It was an issue of not having a current mailing address."

Wow. What an awful excuse. Couldn't call ESPN? Couldn't ask Pedroia for it?

When playing the word association game and hearing "ownership"..."disingenuous" immediatley pops into my head.

And, yes, we've all known the date, but as I mentioned, and someone expanded on...he owns a business now. His life does not revolve around the Red Sox, as hard as that may be for some to imagine. His life revolves around HIS life, not Red Sox Nation either. Would it make anyone feel better if we found out he had an important meeting to close a multi-million dollar deal? How about if it was something to do with his ALS Foundation? None of us know, to be angry at him is totally selfish and entitled on the part of any fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, the date has been in place for 100 years so if Big Schil wanted to go, he could have been sure that any other meetings were not scheduled on that date.

Clearl, Schil decided he didn't want to go.  There's a bigger story there.  I wish Schil would be a hero one more time for the fans and ignore mgt/ownership.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

It's certainly possible he has a legitimate reason, but my guess is he is staying away for the same reasons Francona initially declined, i.e. ownership/management. I just wish he would admit it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

how can they MISMANAGE invitations also?? What is up with the executives of the Red Sox right now? It's like they suddenly are just messing up on everything. FOCUS.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

I just wish Obama would admit that he owns this terrible economy and his policies have failed to meet his campaign promises.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roadrunner9234. Show Roadrunner9234's posts

Right, just like George Bush said no nation-building, and he was a "compassionate" conservative.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Schilling sends a letter to Red Sox Nation. Your reaction?:
    He should be there, period!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]It's certainly possible he has a legitimate reason, but my guess is he is staying away for the same reasons Francona initially declined, i.e. ownership/management. I just wish he would admit it.
    Posted by Roadrunner9234[/QUOTE]

And if he did say what was on his mind, he'd be accused of having "no class" by some fans.

It's a lose-lose...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'm eteranally grateful to the Red Sox and all the fans but I can't be there Friday because I have to focus on making video games. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]I'm eteranally grateful to the Red Sox and all the fans but I can't be there Friday because I have to focus on making video games. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

doh.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

..Probably couldn't find the right ketchup for his socks...
    Happens to me all the time...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

I wonder who wrote it for him? And, who cares any more?