Schilling was encouraged to use PEDs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Schilling was encouraged to use PEDs

1. From the Boston.com article: 

“At the end of my career, in 2008 when I had gotten hurt, there was a conversation that I was involved in, in which it was brought to my attention that this is a potential path I might want to pursue,” Schilling said in an interview with Colin Cowherd that focused on the use of PEDs in baseball and recent allegations about several star players.

Schilling did not specifically name the Red Sox, but when asked where he was told that, he replied “in the clubhouse.”

He was then asked who was involved.

“Former members of the organization,” he said. “They’re no longer there. But it was an incredibly uncomfortable conversation because it came up in the midst of a group of people. The other people weren’t in the conversation, but they could clearly hear the conversation, and it was suggested to me that at my age, and in my situation, why not, what did I have to lose? Because if I wasn’t going to get healthy, it didn’t matter, and if I did get healthy, great.

“It caught me off guard, to say the least, but that was an awkward situation.”

Schilling was 41 when he played his last game in 2007 as a member of the Red Sox’ World Series championship team. He signed a one-year deal with the Red Sox for 2008, but did not pitch because of shoulder problems. He officially retired from baseball in 2009.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Schilling was encouraged to use PEDs

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

“At the end of my career, in 2008 when I had gotten hurt, there was a conversation that I was involved in, in which it was brought to my attention that this is a potential path I might want to pursue,” Schilling said in an interview with Colin Cowherd that focused on the use of PEDs in baseball and recent allegations about several star players.

Schilling did not specifically name the Red Sox, but when asked where he was told that, he replied “in the clubhouse.”

“Former members of the organization,” he said. “They’re no longer there. But it was an incredibly uncomfortable conversation because it came up in the midst of a group of people. The other people weren’t in the conversation, but they could clearly hear the conversation, and it was suggested to me that at my age, and in my situation, why not, what did I have to lose? Because if I wasn’t going to get healthy, it didn’t matter, and if I did get healthy, great.

Schilling was 41 when he played his last game in 2007 as a member of the Red Sox’ World Series championship team. He signed a one-year deal with the Red Sox for 2008, but did not pitch because of shoulder problems. He officially retired from baseball in 2009.

I doubt there's a team in MLB where this hasn't happened.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Am I the only one who feels bad for Schilling for losing millions on his failed video game business?  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Am I the only one who feels bad for Schilling for losing millions on his failed video game business?  

Nope.

It's a shame.

I feel bad for him and all the employees who lost jobs, when his company folded.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

No,I feel badly for him too.He was trying to start a business and it failed.he was trying to do something positive.It's not like he blew it all on hookers,drugs and living large.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

No,I feel badly for him too.He was trying to start a business and it failed.he was trying to do something positive.It's not like he blew it all on hookers,drugs and living large.

You say that like it's a bad thing! lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Problem with Schilling coming out with this is that it will lead to a lot of speculation and rumors about who "encouraged" him. Seeing as there are certain individuals who left the Sox organization recently the fingers will point at them. So is it ex-players, ex-management, both? This will be worse than the witch hunt for the "snitch".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Seems kind of irresponsible to just put something like this out there if you aren't prepared to name names. (Are we talking about coaches? Trainers? Players? Someone talking on behalf of the organization, or just individuals running their mouths?)

Very disappointing nonetheless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

I doubt there's a team in MLB where this hasn't happened.

I agree, 4B's. Teams rule of conduct..... I don't want to know about it and don't get caught.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It is when I'm not invited to participate

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

when you get that kind of money and security for yourself and your future generations...tens of millions of dollars, dont pizz it away being greedy...

but then again like most followers of supplyside economics, they truly believe that being wealthy makes you smarter...it doesnt....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

It is when I'm not invited to participate

Good point!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I feel bad for him as well.  People act like it was Schillings fault.  He was just a guy who pitched  business plan to a bunch of business capitalists.  Blame the idiots who invested in him.  Schill was just a lousy entrepeneur

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Exactly. Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

when you get that kind of money and security for yourself and your future generations...tens of millions of dollars, dont pizz it away being greedy...

but then again like most followers of supplyside economics, they truly believe that being wealthy makes you smarter...it doesnt....

Are you sure it was greed?  You dont think that there is just a small possibility that he likes video games and wanted to make one?  Maybe he was bored.

By teh way, the game that he made is awesome.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Wasn't doing it for personal gain. He could have lived on his 50 mil, nicely. He wanted to use the profits to build an Autism center, his sons is autistic. His heart was in the right place and cost him his BB fortune.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

BS.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Are you sure it was greed?  You dont think that there is just a small possibility that he likes video games and wanted to make one?  Maybe he was bored.

By teh way, the game that he made is awesome.  

i played the demo and was really impressed. he had a talented staff. but building an RPG as your first title is tough. You have to create the whole thing from the ground up. the storylines, all the lore and history of your fictional universe. As well as the coding for the game and technology to tie it all together. Pretty tall order for an up and coming studio.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I feel bad for him as well.  People act like it was Schillings fault.  He was just a guy who pitched  business plan to a bunch of business capitalists.  Blame the idiots who invested in him.  Schill was just a lousy entrepeneur

OK, this is a fair assessment of the situation.  But, I find it hard to "feel bad" for him.  I feel bad for the person who scraped together his/her last dollar for seed money and was a bad entrepeneur and is left with nothing and debt when the business doesn't work out.  I do not have the slightest feeling of empathy for Schilling who is still sitting pretty no matter what happened to his little pet video-game project.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

(1) Schilling said it was neither a person in uniform (player, manager or coach), nor someone from baseball operations (management, medical).  That suggests that this person is a clubhouse employee or something, and doing a little drug-dealing on the side; that this wasn't a organizational decision or strategy.  On the other hand, his description of the openness of the offer suggests that there was a "see-no-evil" ethos in the clubhouse among the players and probably coaches and managers too.  

(2) Schilling's gamble on his video game company is only troubling because he lost millions of taxpayer dollars.  The government of Rhode Island secured the loans to his company, and he can't pay them back.  I would feel bad for him, but his "I built that" attitude makes him seem unrepentant.  I'd like to see a little humility and perhaps a recognition that he owes something to the taxpayers, even if he can't pay. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:

(1) Schilling said it was neither a person in uniform (player, manager or coach), nor someone from baseball operations (management, medical).  That suggests that this person is a clubhouse employee or something, and doing a little drug-dealing on the side; that this wasn't a organizational decision or strategy.  On the other hand, his description of the openness of the offer suggests that there was a "see-no-evil" ethos in the clubhouse among the players and probably coaches and managers too.  

where did U hear that djcbuffum

do you have a link ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

For some reason,my first thought was that someone with dreadlocks may have been involved in the "alledged" conversation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Looks like Mr. Default is looking for a tell-all book deal like Tito to help pay for his being sued by the State of Rhode Island.