Schilling:Bard should be in rotation/ "this situation is being mismanaged on an epically horrible scale" by Valentine.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Schilling:Bard should be in rotation/ "this situation is being mismanaged on an epically horrible scale" by Val...

francona is curt's boy...he doesnt like the way his boy was bounced...plus he never met a microphone that he couldnt pollute - i still chuckle when i think about him penning his "open letter to America" after 9/11 to give us his healing wisdom...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Schilling:Bard should be in rotation/ "this situation is being mismanaged on an epically horrible scale" by Val...

Schilling usually tries to be brutally honest in my opinion.  Last year he predicted the Red Sox were going to miss the playoffs when they still had about a 3 game lead as I recall. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Schill is a "NY Times Schill"... to borrow a phrase from the resident clown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Mr. Curt "Small government is the answer - but give me 50 million in start up fees for my video game company" Schilling???

The guy was a great pitcher and nothing else..,.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I guess making Bard earn his spot in the rotation is mishandling, right why do that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling:Bard should be in rotation/ "this situation is being mismanaged on an epically horrible scale" by Valentine.:
    Who was it who said he was a horse every 5th day and a horse's @ss every other day?
    Posted by carnie

hahha Carnie..that made me laugh...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

You maynot like Curt Schilling, but the Bard situation does not look good to me either.  His ERA is terrible, he has walked too many, given up more than a hit per inning, etc all against partial major league lineups so far.  The worst thing may be that his whole year could be messed up after he moves back to the bullpen as going back to the pen can only be looked as a failure after all this talk about starting.

There is no way that this guy looks like an effective starting pitcher at this point.  I hope that he won't take all year to mentally recover if he fails like it looks like he is doing.

His move to the bullpen after his first professional season was a great move.  Trying to move back to becoming a starter doesn't look good.  At least not yet.

Sometimes, if it ain't broke--don't fix it is a good idea.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Bard simply looks like a terrible pitcher at times....I have no idea how anyone can hit this guy when he throwes in 134 mph but they do....he has been underwhelming no doubt but a starter is sooo much more important that a set up man for the closer...they need to stick with him....the only good thing i saw today is that after 75-80 pitches, he still had a lot of gas in the tank...our back of the rotation looks like the back of the rotation  :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

schilling should just shutup....like he knows more than bobby v....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from psilbert. Show psilbert's posts

Don't think you can disagree that Bard's two basic pitches (fastball, slider) are not on target yet. Not hitting his spots today or the last outing. That alone is a confidence killer.  So what Schilling suggests makes sense:  refine your top two pitches; add a split finger; and then over time, work in the change-up.  But the first step has to be: master the pitches that you know and get some confidence.  If he can't do that, he won't be good whether in the pen or in the rotation!!  Schilling knows his pitching and was insightful. You can bash all you want, but that does not make his observations wrong. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Curt Schilling knows what he's talking about, and doesn't need a self-bumping thread to stroke his low self esteem. Being a NY Times resident shill is about as pitiful as it gets, Moondump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In Response to Re: Schilling:Bard should be in rotation/ "this situation is being mismanaged on an epically horrible scale" by Valentine.:
     Don't think you can disagree that Bard's two basic pitches (fastball, slider) are not on target yet. Not hitting his spots today or the last outing. That alone is a confidence killer.  So what Schilling suggests makes sense:  refine your top two pitches; add a split finger; and then over time, work in the change-up.  But the first step has to be: master the pitches that you know and get some confidence.  If he can't do that, he won't be good whether in the pen or in the rotation!!  Schilling knows his pitching and was insightful. You can bash all you want, but that does not make his observations wrong. 
    Posted by psilbert

i understand what you are saying..but schilling should not be saying bobby v is wrong on what he is telling bard what he wants done...it's that simple.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

Schill is a "NY Times Schill"... to borrow a phrase from the resident clown.
    Posted by moonslav59

Umm...the NYT is a liberal paper and shelling is anything but liberal. 

Stick to posting stats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

TB, agreed, but you will learn soon what a drone shill is, and it uses the moniker "Moondrone".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

TB, agreed, but you will learn soon what a drone shill is, and it uses the moniker "Moondrone".
    Posted by hankwilliamsjr

NYtimes SU cks, something we can all agree on.
    BTW Hank , when do we get an update on harball?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Yes, after Obama says he doesn't have all the facts but the cops acted stupidly, that tingle up Chris Mathews' blond out of the bottle hair folicles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Umm...the NYT is a liberal paper and shelling is anything but liberal. 

Umm...dah...it was a joke!

(By the way, if you think the NYT is "liberal" you have no idea of the full political spectrum.)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Curt, Jesus loves you (everyone else thinks you're an a**hole)
    Posted by soxnewmex
    Long time no see, good to see you back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So on the one hand: people laugh at the Yankees for messing up Joba by going starter/closer/starter/closer/starter (ankle injury aside).

But then, Schill is being critical of the Sox starting to do the same thing with Bard, and people, by and large, don't want to hear it?

Interesting.

It's worth noting that Schill, historically, has been very right with his feelings about a pitcher. He said, at the time, that Lester would be as good as Johan Santana when the Sox tried to trade Lester, in a package, for Santana. He said very early on the Bucc was going to be very good. If he says Bard has the potential to be a #1, I say let the pitching coach do his job, and give this kid a chance. He may be a blowhard, but he speaks with passion because he doesn't say things for the sake of saying them, if it leaves his mouth, he absolutely believes it. Good for him, too few people are honest and up-front...usually it costs people their job to be genuine and truthful. Especially at that clown shoe network.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I like Schilling and I like his opinions/advice. However he is in a chair far far far from Ft. Myers (I think).  He can't be right 100% of the time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Daniel Bard's line:                           
    6   Innings
    6   Hits
    5   Runs
    5   Earned Runs
    3   Walks
    5   Ks
    1   HR

Sometimes I just wish the onlookers would remain quiet. Daniel Bard has stated his desire to be a starter. He deserves the chance and is being given the audition. It isn't as if this hasn't been tried in other cases. Additionally (fortunately as well) Curt Schilling has no say and the decision is being made by Red Sox employees.

Curt inspired us with his courage in the past. His words are generally less inspiring these days.

Curt? You get paid for your words today; I hope you're not overpaid.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Daniel Bard's line:                            6   Innings 6   Hits 5   Runs 5   Earned Runs 3   Walks 5   Ks 1   HR Sometimes I just wish the onlookers would remain quiet. Daniel Bard has stated his desire to be a starter. He deserves the chance and is being given the audition. It isn't as if this hasn't been tried in other cases. Additionally (fortunately as well) Curt Schilling has no say and the decision is being made by Red Sox employees. Curt inspired us with his courage in the past. His words are generally less inspiring these days. Curt? You get paid for your words today; I hope you're not overpaid.
    Posted by WesternOregon

well said - i think he can build on this...i still dont know how anyone get get their bat around on his heater...scary

Sections
Shortcuts