Scott Kazmir???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gracers1225. Show Gracers1225's posts

Scott Kazmir???

I fully understand his struggles (big time) but when he is/was good, he is/was very good!  If the team is looking for someone to throw against the wall to see who sticks and who doesn't, isn't he an option to be thrown against the wall?  His mechanics are terrible but he is still young and could be fine tuned.  Again, just an idea even if it is a unstable one.  However, more likely to happen than the trade to get King Felix that many like to discuss. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Re: Scott Kazmir???

It bother me almost as much as questions still linger about Hanley Ramirez, no one has really questioned his talent, but if Scott Kazmir could not pitch successfully for Joe Maddon and Mike Scioscia, it makes the odds pretty great that taking a chance on Kazmir would not be a smart move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Kazmir won't pass a physical. His problems have been health wise, not mental

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The only hope on Kazmir is that his problems have been both physical and fixable.  If so, he would be worth taking a look at anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

If Kazmir is the answer, then I don't want to know the question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IowaSoxFan. Show IowaSoxFan's posts

What would be the risk?  A minor league deal with an invitation to big league camp?  Big gamble.  I think it would be worth the risk.  If the Sox signed him now they could get him in and see what the issues truly are - either physical or mechanical. 

Why not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In Response to Scott Kazmir???:
    I fully understand his struggles (big time) but when he is/was good, he is/was very good!  If the team is looking for someone to throw against the wall to see who sticks and who doesn't, isn't he an option to be thrown against the wall?  His mechanics are terrible but he is still young and could be fine tuned.  Again, just an idea even if it is a unstable one.  However, more likely to happen than the trade to get King Felix that many like to discuss. 
    Posted by Gracers1225

Would prefer P.Maholm over Kazmir. Kazmir seems to be more a product of lost velocity. While Maholm is more of a pitcher who's been stuck on a terrible team. Maholm has never been a guy who will throw the ball by you, he's a pitcher not a thrower like Kazmir. When Pirates finally started to play better baseball last year, Maholm was a much better pitcher. Think he might do quite well w/ a team like RS. Think he would make a great 4-5 guy for RS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It's almost a non-starter as a discussion.  If he's healthy, then he's worth a contract.  If he isn't healthy, he isn't.  We all know that, and all the GMs know that.

Pitchers that MIGHT be worth investigating-Burnett, Kazmir, Peavey, Harden, Sheets, Webb, Wainwright, Zito, Willis, Johan Santana, and a whole bunch of others.  Heck, why not throw in Dice and Lackey as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball2006. Show baseball2006's posts

The Sox shouldn't waste their time with this one! Kazmir tried to show that he had something left by deciding to pitch in the Dominican Winter League a few weeks ago. He pitched one game for the Escogido Lions on December 7th and tanked badly, not even getting out of the first inning. In fact, Kazmir hasn't been seen since!!

Here was his pitching line in that game.

0.1 IP, 2 H, 4 ER, 2 walks, 0 K (27 pitches)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i think that the red sox should investigate bringing in five pitchers per year who are in the same situation that kazmir is in.

if one of them turns out to be able to help the big league club the entire process for all five guys will be well worth the time and the effort.   even if all five guys fail, so what?  it certainly cannot cost much to feed five guys for a month compared to what one win might be worth during the season.

the "recycle bin" theory would seem to be applicable every year (especially with pitchers).

if kazmir can win a game or help win a game somewhere along the line, i will personally buy him lunch one day.

Sections
Shortcuts