Scott Posednik Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Scott Posednik Why?

then why aren't aren't of those guys here instead of light hitting no-glove Bird?  Hmmm?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

podsenik is a white man version of a mediocre version of CC as a Sox.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why?:
    [QUOTE]For the record, if anyone thinks he can play CF please note that even in his PRIME he was a BUTCHER in LEFT FIELD......... Other than Ellsbury, the Red Sox do not have a SINGLE BONA FIDE CENTER FIELDER in their ENTIRE organization.  If that's not a huge red flag regarding their "system" I don't know what is?
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Lin  at AAA is an excellent centerfielder.  Covers ground extremely well and has a cannon for an arm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

dannycater........Are you playing the race card again?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]                     dannycater........Are you playing the race card again?
    Posted by eggplants[/QUOTE]

if you really take a look at it...he is not very smart...it's kind of simple.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]then why aren't aren't of those guys here instead of light hitting no-glove Bird?  Hmmm?
    They're all either injured or need two years or more of development. Although I might have given Linares a long look before acquiring Byrd myself.Money apparently would have been about equal.
    Sometimes I think management types are way too conservative, perhaps afraid of looking bad in eyes of peers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : They're all either injured or need two years or more of development. Although I might have given Linares a long look before acquiring Byrd myself.Money apparently would have been about equal. Sometimes I think management types are way too conservative, perhaps afraid of looking bad in eyes of peers.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Right, again.  The mighty Boston Red Sox do not have a single ML-Ready, Not Injured, bona fide CF'er in their entire system.  Right there, both Theo and Ben need to be called out on....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Comparing Coco to Pods is INSANE

Coco is a very capable CF'er

Pods can't even handle LF - he'll make Carl THE BUTCHER Crawford look like Ryan Braun......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Lin would be one of the best defensive CFer in the majors right now.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5[/QUOTE]

Thanks, JB and BosoxJoe, you beat me to it.  In terms of defense, Lin is a bonafide CFer.

As for Posednik?  I say, why not.  The organizational depth is weak in the OF at the upper levels.  And the guy still has legs.  He could make a good 4th OFer/PH/PR for late in games, later in the season, if he can get his stuff together at Pawtucket. If not, nothing lost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

OK then where is LIN?  Why isn't he w/ the team NOW?  Why use Ross and Sweeney and MacDonald and Byrd there?  They can't really handle CF....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What I don't understand about the Podsednik move is why do it at all? Why not just promote Linares and Bradley?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]OK then where is LIN?  Why isn't he w/ the team NOW?  Why use Ross and Sweeney and MacDonald and Byrd there?  They can't really handle CF....

Ross and Sweeney are there for offense, while Sweeney also contributes in the field to compensate for his lack of in game power.  Personally I'd prefer Lin to DMac or Byrd and he already got the call once this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In Response to Scott Posednik Why?:
    [QUOTE]I cannot figure out this deal at all. Maybe this tells you that Kalish is not going to be ready for a long time. in any event he is another throwaway from another team who his hitting a solid .203 in the minor leagues for Philladelphia. Keep at it Young Ben, another high upside guy I guess.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

because its easier than dealing with beckett?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Ross and Sweeney are there for offense, while Sweeney also contributes in the field to compensate for his lack of in game power.  Personally I'd prefer Lin to DMac or Byrd and he already got the call once this season.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are following me.....A back up Centerfielder MUST be able to FIELD the position.  It is obvious that the Red Sox do not have any such player available in their entire system.  Nadda one.  That's why we have to find the Bryds and Pods of the world.  It is another true disgrace and sad commentary on the organization.  Period......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Not sure if you are following me.....A back up Centerfielder MUST be able to FIELD the position.  It is obvious that the Red Sox do not have any such player available in their entire system.  Nadda one.  That's why we have to find the Bryds and Pods of the world.  It is another true disgrace and sad commentary on the organization.  Period......

I'm not sure you're following me.  Lin is an all glove, little bat CF.  That's exactly what you're looking for.  I'm assuming that the Sox were looking to replace some of Ells' offense by getting Byrd, which isn't something that I agree with, but it appears to be what they were thinking.  I'm fine with getting rid of Byrd, DMac, or both and calling up Lin right now to be the 4th OF the rest of the way, which on this team would mean starting in CF until Ells returns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]For the record, if anyone thinks he can play CF please note that even in his PRIME he was a BUTCHER in LEFT FIELD......... Other than Ellsbury, the Red Sox do not have a SINGLE BONA FIDE CENTER FIELDER in their ENTIRE organization.  If that's not a huge red flag regarding their "system" I don't know what is?

Jackie Bradley Jr?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Or Juan Carlos?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Ryan Sweeney, Ryan Kalish, Pete Hissey.

Center field, much like 3B, is covered well. 

Now, power hitting corner outfielders, not so much...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : I'm not sure you're following me.  Lin is an all glove, little bat CF.  That's exactly what you're looking for.  I'm assuming that the Sox were looking to replace some of Ells' offense by getting Byrd, which isn't something that I agree with, but it appears to be what they were thinking.  I'm fine with getting rid of Byrd, DMac, or both and calling up Lin right now to be the 4th OF the rest of the way, which on this team would mean starting in CF until Ells returns.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Fair enough

But they should go w/ the best glove in this scenario, besides, they went w/ a .180 hitter instead...anyways, I confused: it is about "Run Prevention" or not?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Fair enough But they should go w/ the best glove in this scenario, besides, they went w/ a .180 hitter instead...anyways, I confused: it is about "Run Prevention" or not?

Byrd has a career .750 OPS.  Yes he started the year slow, but he has a track record of passable offense.  Again, I would have preferred the Sox gave Lin a chance rather than getting Byrd, but it wasn't my call.  Liner is getting on base at a .339 clip so far in AAA this year, so he can at least help turn the lineup over.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, we can debate this all night.  The bottom line is the Sox are surprisingly short on ML-ready talent in CF......or the OF for that matter.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we can debate this all night.  The bottom line is the Sox are surprisingly short on ML-ready talent in CF......or the OF for that matter.....

That's even debatable too.  I mean, right now it certainly looks that way, but what about when Ells and Crawford come back?  Suddenly Nava and DMac are down in AAA along with Lin (assuming DMac clears waivers).  Yes Nava and DMac are corner outfielders with no business playing CF at the MLB level, but Lin is ready to step in and do just that if need be.  There's some talent scattered throughout the other levels as well, with Linares being the first in line in AA with Brentz behind him, and JB Jr. making waves in A ball.

Long story short, depth is going to look bad when you're missing 2/3 of your starting outfield.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Smith/Yaz/TonyC

Evans/Lynn/Rice

Greenwell/Burks/ and um.... that was the end of the dynamic outfields for Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : That's even debatable too.  I mean, right now it certainly looks that way, but what about when Ells and Crawford come back?  Suddenly Nava and DMac are down in AAA along with Lin (assuming DMac clears waivers).  Yes Nava and DMac are corner outfielders with no business playing CF at the MLB level, but Lin is ready to step in and do just that if need be.  There's some talent scattered throughout the other levels as well, with Linares being the first in line in AA with Brentz behind him, and JB Jr. making waves in A ball. Long story short, depth is going to look bad when you're missing 2/3 of your starting outfield.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

Dude, you lost me at "The Butcher" (Crawford) - really?  A centerfielder?  Besides that's not the point.  Even if it were Gabe Kapler he's hurt and proves my point of NO DEPTH.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

Juan Carlos Linares, Ryan Kalish.......injuries are a B!tch I love both of those players (btw how about D Navs looking good thus far) (also Byrd plays hard I like him) (also cavernomas SUCK...Westmoreland should have been a MArk Trumbo type for the sox by now) (come to think of it over the last 5 years the Sox have been hella injured to the worst people....did i mention injuries suck?)