Scott Posednik Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Scott Posednik Why?

In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Dude, you lost me at "The Butcher" (Crawford) - really?  A centerfielder?  Besides that's not the point.  Even if it were Gabe Kapler he's hurt and proves my point of NO DEPTH.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

No, that's not where I lost you.  I lost you when I shifted from talking CF to OF in general.  I could have made that more clear, my bad.  I thought I covered that when I mentioned 2/3 of the OF being on the DL and listed Brentz (who's a RF, not CF).

Although I do expect Crawford's defense to be closer to 2010 form than 2011 when he returns.  Even if I don't have anything to base that on other than the belief that last year was an outlier in all phases of his game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Dude, you lost me at "The Butcher" (Crawford) - really?  A centerfielder?  Besides that's not the point.  Even if it were Gabe Kapler he's hurt and proves my point of NO DEPTH.....
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Who exactly are you expecting as "depth" to back up the runner up in AL MVP voting?  Do you expect them to have a $10M+ player on the bench just in case something happened to Ells?

Sadly enough, the case could be made that Crawford was the backup plan in CF, but he was also injured.  The Sox have plenty of corner OF types, I suspect it would have been a combination of Crawford/Sweeney in CF after Ells went down (assuming Crawford returned to form in the field).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : No, that's not where I lost you.  I lost you when I shifted from talking CF to OF in general.  I could have made that more clear, my bad.  I thought I covered that when I mentioned 2/3 of the OF being on the DL and listed Brentz (who's a RF, not CF). Although I do expect Crawford's defense to be closer to 2010 form than 2011 when he returns.  Even if I don't have anything to base that on other than the belief that last year was an outlier in all phases of his game.
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

If 2011 was an outlier than so was 2010

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scott Posednik Why? : Who exactly are you expecting as "depth" to back up the runner up in AL MVP voting?  Do you expect them to have a $10M+ player on the bench just in case something happened to Ells? Sadly enough, the case could be made that Crawford was the backup plan in CF, but he was also injured.  The Sox have plenty of corner OF types, I suspect it would have been a combination of Crawford/Sweeney in CF after Ells went down (assuming Crawford returned to form in the field).
    Posted by JB-3[/QUOTE]

I'd take someone like Darren Lewis or as I said more recently Kapler or Roberts - don't need an AS here - just someone who can make all of the plays and who won't KILL us w/ the bat in the #9-hole (someone who can get down a bunt and run a little on the bases)........

I believe my point is evidenced by what they run out in CF every night - it's really shameful.......

Sections
Shortcuts