Scotty Boras telling the Jays how to run their team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Scotty Boras telling the Jays how to run their team

Scotty is trying to find a home for Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, and his focus right now is on the Jays.  To further his cause, he has decided to give the Jays a good talking-to about how they're running their team.  He's trying to educate the Jays on the 'rare opportunity' they have to land some premier free agents without getting burned by lost draft picks (because of their protected first-round picks).  He's trying to sell the now-multi-positioned Drew as their answer at second base-that is, if they're ready to make a long-term commitment to him.

The sales pitch on Morales goes even further - Scotty is pointing out, rightly enough, that he'd be a big upgrade over Adam Lind - because Lind can't hit lefties.  He's even being helpful enough to suggest that Lind could be traded for pitching!

He's not just an agent, folks, he's a volunteer advisor to your team's general manager!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Scotty Boras telling the Jays how to run their team

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Scotty is trying to find a home for Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, and his focus right now is on the Jays.  To further his cause, he has decided to give the Jays a good talking-to about how they're running their team.  He's trying the educate the Jays on the 'rare opportunity' they have to land some premier free agents without getting burned by lost draft picks (because of their protected first-round picks).  He's trying to sell the now-multi-positioned Drew as their answer at second base-that is, if they're ready to make a long-term commitment to him.

The sales pitch on Morales goes even further - Scotty is pointing out, rightly enough, that he'd be a big upgrade over Adam Lind - because Lind can't hit lefties.  He's even being helpful enough to suggest that Lind could be traded for pitching!

He's not such an agent, folks, he's a volunteer advisor to your team's general manager!  

The guy doesn't miss a trick.

Alex Anthopoulos needs all the help he can get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I also saw this article where Boras is trying the "help" the Blue Jays.

Pretty interesting to say the least.  I wonder if he helps other organizations in the same way when he wants to find homes for his clients who he "helped" turn down a 14.1 M contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Haha...this is a surefire way to make an organization want to deal with you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

Pretty interesting to say the least.  I wonder if he helps other organizations in the same way when he wants to find homes for his clients who he "helped" turn down a 14.1 M contract?

+1000

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

that's like a bank letting Clyde Barrow handle their night deposits..

Sections
Shortcuts