Scout on Beckett: 'Worst I've seen'

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Scout on Beckett: 'Worst I've seen'

It could be the Beckett odd-even year syndrome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

cant wait till this db.ag is off the team. single-handedly ruined the season last year. never should have resigned him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I wonder why the Thread Bearer tries to appear as a homer but has zero problems bringing every negative subject to the fore front - am I bullying again?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Josh admitted that this thumb thing has been bothering him all winter.  has had cortisone shots in the off-season.  That made me cringe when that came out.  And, looks to me like that might be the reason for the lack of curves.  Tough to throw with a bum thumb.  I feel a lengthy DL stint right around the corner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Imagine if he had said something about this 6 months ago.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

im not one to make excuses for josh but it is obvious he cant chuck that pill with authority...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

As has been discussed in other posts, a significant drop in velocity is a reason for real concern. Hopefully the thumb injury (if there is one) explains the drop and it can be improved with a trip to the dl for rest. Beckett is a significant part of this staff. The starter's performance is very important given the uncertainty of the bullpen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I became concerned last July when he missed two start because his tummy hurt... and then he could not or would not pitch more than 6 innings... the rest of you kept waving the pom-pom's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Early in Josh's career down in FL he would get blisters because of the humidity and the spin he puts on the ball. Blisters can be a problem when gripping the baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to Re: Scout on Beckett: 'Worst I've seen':
    [QUOTE]I wonder why the Thread Bearer tries to appear as a homer but has zero problems bringing every negative subject to the fore front - am I bullying again?
    Posted by BurritoTThewhiner[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Velocity being down and the change in pitch type is huge. Man, that hurts. If he is damaged goods this year do we move on quickly and bring up Cook or do we ride a hurt player all year lke we did with Lackey in 2011? I think we know the answer to that. If the guy is hurt then he has to rehab. If not he better start showing some indication of improvement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I was at the game, he looked pitiful. To make it worse, they had no camaraderie. My wife made the comment (without me suggesting) that it reminded her of the years of 25 guys and 25 cars! This team looks sad and old. Im never one to quit on my Sox. But they look bad right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliamsjr. Show hankwilliamsjr's posts

Instead of excuses and whining, either put Beckett on the disabled list or suspensd his pay for failure to perform above a girls' softball level.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Scout on Beckett: 'Worst I've seen':
    [QUOTE]Josh admitted that this thumb thing has been bothering him all winter.  has had cortisone shots in the off-season.  That made me cringe when that came out.  And, looks to me like that might be the reason for the lack of curves.  Tough to throw with a bum thumb.  I feel a lengthy DL stint right around the corner.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

I can't get Peyton Manning out of my head after reading this post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Heck,  ya don't need a scout to tell ya that.....  Dad & Bill-806 has been saying that for the last 4 years !!!!!   Beckett'$ has to go !!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Oh well, just another Theo mistake.........

20. This post has been removed.