Scutaro dealt to COL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jb12bb. Show jb12bb's posts

Scutaro dealt to COL

According to a dever writer Colorado has a deal in place for Scutaro.  All I am saying if they do not get a starting pitcher in return this deal makes no sense.  I am not convinced that Iglesias is ready, and last time I checked the Redsox wanted to compete and not clean house.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Scutaro dealt to COL

In Response to Scutaro dealt to COL:
    [QUOTE]According to a dever writer Colorado has a deal in place for Scutaro.  All I am saying if they do not get a starting pitcher in return this deal makes no sense.  I am not convinced that Iglesias is ready, and last time I checked the Redsox wanted to compete and not clean house.
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]

Well, this could be the moving of payroll they said they had to do to sign someone like Oswalt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

In Response to Scutaro dealt to COL:
    [QUOTE]According to a dever writer Colorado has a deal in place for Scutaro.  All I am saying if they do not get a starting pitcher in return this deal makes no sense.  I am not convinced that Iglesias is ready, and last time I checked the Redsox wanted to compete and not clean house.
    Posted by jb12bb[/QUOTE]

Guess Tulowitzki would be religated to the bench? Sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Scutaro dealt to COL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Scutaro dealt to COL : Well, this could be the moving of payroll they said they had to do to sign someone like Oswalt.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut[/QUOTE]

That would make sense and I could go along with it with no problem. But I wouldn't rush Iglesias. I don't care how good he is defensively. This isn't the 1970s where you can live with a Mark Belanger batting .190. If Iglesias can't hit at least .230 (really .240 or better but I'll bend a bit), then I don't think his defense will make up for it.

I'd rather start the year with Aviles at SS and see how Iglesias progress -- unless he shows something in the spring.

I'd hate to lose Scutaro. I never could understand why he got some of the grief some gave him. He was exactly the hard-nosed, dirt-dog type player who played hurt and gave it his all -- and was productive too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Scutaro dealt to COL": [QUOTE]In Response to Scutaro dealt to COL : Guess Tulowitzki would be religated to the bench? Sure. Posted by beavis[/QUOTE] Scutaro will play second, where he is better suited...no word on what the specifics are yet, but it could just be a salary dump to free up cash for another opportunity or maybe they pay some of his contract and get an arm in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

In Response to Re: Scutaro dealt to COL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Scutaro dealt to COL : Guess Tulowitzki would be religated to the bench? Sure.
    Posted by beavis[/QUOTE]

I believe they want him to play second base.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LadyLake. Show LadyLake's posts

Deal fizzled out.http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2012/1/20/2721942/colorado-rockies-close-to-acquiring-marco-scutaro

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Re: Scutaro dealt to COL": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scutaro dealt to COL : That would make sense and I could go along with it with no problem. But I wouldn't rush Iglesias. I don't care how good he is defensively. This isn't the 1970s where you can live with a Mark Belanger batting .190. If Iglesias can't hit at least .230 (really .240 or better but I'll bend a bit), then I don't think his defense will make up for it. I'd rather start the year with Aviles at SS and see how Iglesias progress -- unless he shows something in the spring. I'd hate to lose Scutaro. I never could understand why he got some of the grief some gave him. He was exactly the hard-nosed, dirt-dog type player who played hurt and gave it his all -- and was productive too. Posted by royf19[/QUOTE] Spoken like a RS GM. No risk, no reward.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

According to MLBTR, RS unwilling to lose Scutaro which is amazing because he's a back-up on any other team. We are in trouble if the Sox think Marco Scutaro is too valuable. HE'S NOT A SS! Before he came to Boston, look and see how much of his career he played SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

Could it be that the RS are nervous about this trade because Plan B sucks tons worse than Plan A?  He was an animal in September but I think we can do much better.  Another player, IMO that I wonder why his option was picked up.  Couldn't we have gotten him back cheaper than 6 mil?

Sections
Shortcuts