Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.

I know his tenure has been short (and is more than likely over after this season), but this guy has been consistent.  This guy has played solid (not great) defense.  Most importantly, this guy has had a very good season this year and has been one of the only guys that has been hot down the stretch.  At the end of the day, I don't think Scuataro has ever gotten the respect he deserves.  I know he was meant to be a stop gap until Iglesias (who probably is still another year away from being ready), but he has done exactly what Theo signed him for.  Regardless of what happens this season, Scutaro needs to be respected more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.

I think most of us agree with this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

Epstein better pick that option up. 6 million is cheap for someone hitting as well as he is right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I agree. I also said over two weeks ago that he should be batting 2nd. He's clutch.  

He's nearly at .300 now!

He's not far from his career best OPS with Torono the year before he came here (.776 to .789).

That reminds me, remember when Softy bragged about being right about Scutty reverting to his career norm and that we should expect further decline due to his age (once again, softy's age bias is exposed), and said some of us were nuts for projecting that Scutaro would probably have an OPS somewhere between his 2009 Toronto number (.789) and his career norm at the time (.721), well... he's at about .740 now.

Make that softy 0 for his last 66 now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.:
    Epstein better pick that option up. 6 million is cheap for someone hitting as well as he is right now.
    Posted by soxforlife22

There's a $1.5M buyout, so the actual differential for keeping him is just $4.5M. He should be back next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.:
    I know his tenure has been short (and is more than likely over after this season), but this guy has been consistent.  This guy has played solid (not great) defense.  Most importantly, this guy has had a very good season this year and has been one of the only guys that has been hot down the stretch.  At the end of the day, I don't think Scuataro has ever gotten the respect he deserves.  I know he was meant to be a stop gap until Iglesias (who probably is still another year away from being ready), but he has done exactly what Theo signed him for.  Regardless of what happens this season, Scutaro needs to be respected more.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988

Scuter has had a very strong finish.  I wouldn't mind having him back but with Aviles, Lowrie and Iglesias?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Scutaro is a journeyman who is a butcher at short.  Teams with Scutaro do not win the World Series, heck they don't even make the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Scutaro was good last year also and was playing with an injury. The problem with RSN is that demand an All Star at every position.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given. : Scuter has had a very strong finish.  I wouldn't mind having him back but with Aviles, Lowrie and Iglesias?
    Posted by craze4sox

I'd put Scutaro first of this group. Iglesias needs more time in the minors. I like Aviles and Lowrie, but Scutaro has been more consistent than Lowrie and Aviles is sort of a duplicate player. I do like Aviles' arm.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Scutaro is a pro.  Always has been.  Defensively he is below average for a starting ML SS.

At 4.5 million it is a tough call for me but I'd definitely prefer him to Lowrie.  If it is time for Iglesias than Scutaro is gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

This guy is a solid player.
    He deserves to be back, and if the Sox come up with something better at SS during the winter, he'll make a great super sub. Then we can say goodbye to
    Jed " DL" Lowrie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Lowrie is also a keeper. Why subscribe to the Softlaw school of hate to any college graduate and especially to a union representative. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

In Response to Scutaro deserves more respect than he's given.:
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    The only ones that are worth a damn is Ellsbury and Scutaro. Scutaro has been as good or better than all the other $OB's poor excuse for a baseball player.Scutaro has always played well but never given his just rewards.I for one had rather have Scutaro in the line up over anyone other than Ellsbury. Even if the Red SUXX make the playoffs I still will not pull for them or respect them.GO YANKEES!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think we'll keep Lowrie as insurance for Youk at 3B, Pedey at 2B, and Scutty at SS.

Plus, he hits lefties well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Aviles is better than Lowrie. He can play 3rd base, too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Scutaro is a pro.  Always has been.  Defensively he is below average for a starting ML SS. At 4.5 million it is a tough call for me but I'd definitely prefer him to Lowrie.  If it is time for Iglesias than Scutaro is gone.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards

It isn't time for Iglesias.  Anyone that thinks a guy with that bat is going to be the Red Sox starting SS next year is crazy.

One more year of Scut and one more year for Iglesias to refine his hitting skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Posted by tbrod

As long as he doesn't play the OF anymore.

Point taken though...Aviles is better than Lowrie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Posted by tbrod

I agree, but not vs LHPs. If we have to replace Youk at 3B or pedey at 2B due to injury, I'd like to see us get the most offense we can, and to me, that's an Aviles-Lowrie platoon (as the other guy becomes the utility guy for that day).

We might also need Aviles at SS for 30-40 games (or more).

I haven't given up on Lowrie, but my confidence has slipped.

Sections
Shortcuts