Scutaro does the Adrian Gonzalez routine

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: Scutaro does the Adrian Gonzalez routine

I am not sure that God has a plan for who wins a baseball game at any level, but if Scutaro wants to think so, so what?

Lots of guys point toward the sky when they get single or a walk and such actions should not bother anyone else.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Unlike Gonzalez though Scutaro also came up big in some very big games. He helped God out a lot more than Adrian does

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

God of Thunder, and Rock and Rollllll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...just like "God has a plan" for rape victims...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He wasn't saying it was God plan to win or lose he was just saying he really didn't want to lose. I don't know how religious he is but I think it was like saying Oh My God or God Willing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

There are things that happen for no reason or seemingly no reason. If a person puts thier faith in God or whom ever hands then who is anyone else to say it is not so?

Look there is no specific reason the RS came back from 3-0 to win versus the NYY. It just happened. Just as the RS lost to the Mets in 86 it just happened.

Sometimes it is luck or what you believe.

Sometimes it is being unlucky or what you believe.

Belittling some one because they say "God has a plan" is wrong IMHO.

Maybe Sept and this year was God's way of saying something to the players, the FO and fans as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they share the same faith, but not the same desire or abilities...you can figure out which is which

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

For every player/team that "God" helps win......there is another player/team that "God" wanted to lose.

Just leave religion out of my sports.....actually leave religion out of my planet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

i hope and assume  God has better things to do then help a team win a baseball game......but i must admit until 2004 there were times i believed God might have been a yankee fan.......just joking

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

blaming god works. same as when you were  a child and you blamed santa clause when you got too many clothes and not enough toys.

[/QUOTE]

Blaming God works?  Toward what end?  

And if I blamed Santa Claus, would that have brought me more toys?  I blamed my parents when I didn't get what I wanted and was rightfully put in my place.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

In response to Yonkersman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree but many on this forum didn't in the past.

[/QUOTE]

so are you trolling or stirring the pot pike? u must be.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

All that matters is how a player conducts himself on the field. Looking for reasons and higher purposes behind wins and losses is pointless. For every winner there is a loser and there is no ultimate meaning to it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

People can believe whatever they want as long as they dont push their beliefs on me. And by push i dont mean they can point towards the sky or mention God (or whatever their belief) in an interview. Thats their right to do so and I have no issue with that. What Im saying when I say "push" is tell me what I should believe or tell me that Im wrong for believing what I do.

I got one rule...If your cool with me, Ill be cool with you. respect for respect...Its pretty easy actually...

I understand people are different and thats what makes this a great place. The problem is when people arent hurting anyone else yet get ridiculed for their beliefs or the way they live their life by some ignorant idiot who doesnt agree with what they do or how they do it...

If a player believes in God, thats fine with me. I dont think he should "Leave religion out of my sports". or "Leave religion out of my planet." Hes not hurting me in any way, so why should I care? Besides its NOT my sport or my planet.

Its closed minded thinking like this that is part of what is wrong with this world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

It's sickening to see Scutaro turn from utility infielder for the Sox to NLCS MVP for the Giants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's sickening to see Scutaro turn from utility infielder for the Sox to NLCS MVP for the Giants.

[/QUOTE]

Why?  I am so happy to see him excel on this stage.  Loved him when he was with the Sox.  Understand why they moved him.  And, well, just happy to see a good guy and hard-nosed gamer get his shine one.  Doesn't mean he is something other than what he is:  a solid utility guy.  Thats what he was before his stint with the Sox.  What he was with the sox.  And what he was all year long.  All the greater to see this career lunch paler get on a roll when the lights shine the brightest.  GO MARCO!