scutaro!!! get the lead out of your @$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

scutaro!!! get the lead out of your @$$

how do you not score on Reddick's double off the centerfield wall it was obvious it was going over the outfielders head.....c'mon man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: scutaro!!! get the lead out of your @$$

You mean the guy with a line like this since returning from injury:

.364/.417/.523/.939

...that's before his 2 for 3 so far tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

yeah, that guy, what does his hitting stats have to do with his baserunning??  i dont dislike him as a player but also while ells is getting thrown out stealing second base why is he not coming down the line on the throw thru and scoring when hudson is rolling around on the ground?? if he's on his toes hustling they cant call timeout in the middle of the play and he would have scored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

He was held because there was only one out and the ball was played perfectly off the wall.  What is with Sox fans moaning play after play.  For a team rolling along at 14-2 many still find anything to whine about.  It is tiring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

thats when you send the guy with one out, never make the first or third out at the plate. other than that i havent complained at all, not even about j.d. drew who absolutely sucks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mphvideo. Show mphvideo's posts

JD Drew - when you swing and miss at strike three, what else is there to do except see if the catcher caught the ball??? NOTHING!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

thats when you send the guy with one out, never make the first or third out at the plate. other than that i havent complained at all, not even about j.d. drew who absolutely sucks
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

You got this one mixed up. It is third not home that this saying pertains to.

Scutaro was out at the plate on that Youkilis extra inning almost homer on May 5th, something is wrong if he can't score on a ball hit that high and deep.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Maybe scoot was told to hold up...Picking nits now I see....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

no doubt scutaro should have scored on the double, but there was a good point made about when orlando hudson was on the ground rolling around scutaro could have scored from 3rd. And as someone else mentioned, just because he is hitting well doesnt excuse his baserunning mistakes. But really the fact of the matter is that we did not make the most of our opportunites. The sox left I believe around 20 runners LOB. Gonzo and Ortiz combined for 11 LOB and 1-10 also ortiz hit into a dp in the bottom of the 9th that pretty much killed any hopes of a comeback. I must say papi and gonzo got screwed big time on a couple of balls/strikes calls. There were some pitches that were not even close that the ump was calling strikes. But gonzo did get a number of pitches to drive as did ortiz(not sure why he was taking in a 3-1 count) and apparently the contracted jd drew syndrome and to look at all the good pitches and swing at the crappy ones. Bottom lines is that losing games to teams like the padres is unacceptable. Losing games to the teams that you should easly defeat when your in a tight race to win your division are the ones that come back to haunt you come september. Padres are the 2nd worst team in the MLB, no way the sox should be losing to them. I think alfredo aceves in the one who needs to get his head out of his @$$. He walked 6 padres batters including 5 in a row 2 of which walked in runs. Tonight was a prime examples as to why he belongs in the pen, not the rotation. When you walk the 8/9 hitters on the 2nd worst team in the mlb you do not deserve to be in the starting rotation. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: scutaro!!! get the lead out of your @$$:
    [QUOTE]thats when you send the guy with one out, never make the first or third out at the plate. other than that i havent complained at all, not even about j.d. drew who absolutely sucks Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE] You got this one mixed up. It is third not home that this saying pertains to. Scutaro was out at the plate on that Youkilis extra inning almost homer on May 5th, something is wrong if he can't score on a ball hit that high and deep.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

its' third and home

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

its' third and home  

It only pertains to third:

Because it is worth the risk be on third with one out not two, and with no outs there is a good chance to get to third on an out.

It is ok to risk making the third out at home because the odds of scoring with two outs from third are diminished.