Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here."

Yikes, talk about the Tito spin. 1-for-14, you're sitting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here."

I just post here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here."

In Response to Re: Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here.":
    [QUOTE]I just post here.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Nicely put.

The sportswriters are going to try to find controversy wherever they can.  I think Lowrie started because he hits better than Scutaro, and today he did just that. 

Peter Abraham commented during last night's game that Lowrie is a lousy fielder--he said that indirectly--which could be true.  But Scutaro is no Iglesias, so Francona goes with the batter bat. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

It's a terrible thing that Tito has no options at short.   Wink, wink.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here.":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scutaro said there was nothing in particular wrong. "I can play," he said." I just work here." : Nicely put. The sportswriters are going to try to find controversy wherever they can.  I think Lowrie started because he hits better than Scutaro, and today he did just that.  Peter Abraham commented during last night's game that Lowrie is a lousy fielder--he said that indirectly--which could be true.  But Scutaro is no Iglesias, so Francona goes with the batter bat. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Sportswriters love controversy so much, because they get rip open their shirts and publicly display their manly opinions about it, even though in most cases, it is completely pointless and well beyond them.

Football writers are the worst. They can't even handle the word "depth" without making it a controversy....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Scutaro has been one of the most clutch hitters on the Red Sox in the last weeks. He should be getting at bats. Lowrie not so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Lowrie has been a failed project for years. Scutaro is a better baseball player, overall, and doesnt suffer from panic attacks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Scutaro has been here for almost two years now. I think Tito knows when Scutaro might be tiring and needs to sit a game or two because it seems like every time that happens, Scutaro comes back and heats up.

As of now, I want him as the everyday SS in the playoffs. Scutaro and Lowries offensive numbers are nearly identical. Scutaro has a better OBP and get the edge. He's also better in the field overall. He doesn't have much range to his right but plays balls up the middle very well. Scutaro also has a much better fielding percentage than Lowrie FWIW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I like Scutaro, and I think he has done a fine job for what we paid for but....Iggy can't be ready soon enough. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

I think this is being blown out of proportion... come October, I can't see anyone else at SS but Scutaro, his defense at the 2nd most important defensive position on the field makes him the guy over Lowrie, who, while I like his bat, is an adventure in the field.

Sections
Shortcuts