Scuturo is garbage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Re: Scuturo is garbage

I wonder if the fans in July of 1967 were worried about winning the World Series?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

They were stunned just to be in it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

In Response to Re: Scuturo is garbage:
    [QUOTE]TomBirner said this back in April: Re: Why can't Lackey face up to the fact that he stinks! posted at 4/9/2011 1:52 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=74ebbc63452816c88bb4fd9b980b647b&plckUserId=74ebbc63452816c88bb4fd9b980b647b " /> tombirner Posts: 136 First: 5/24/2006 Last: 7/26/2011 It really is just odd. Dude gets hammered seemingly EVERY TIME HE TAKES THE MOUND. Seriously... does he EVER give up less then five runs in an outing?? Then he continues to say he pitched pretty well. How about some accountability? I never liked this signing. At best I thought he'd be a better-than-average pitcher and took the 'hey, it's not my money' approach, but he is truly less-than-average at this point. And he seems kind of obnoxious besides. Reminds me of Schilling without the, you know, PITCHING aspect. Can't believe we're stuck with this guy for what, four more years? I have no hope for him and Beckett. Theo's a smart dude and I am not one of his 'haters,' but I really didn't understand either of these signings, especially Beckett's.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Wow... hello troll police.

Anyway I'm not a troll- I just post here once in a while, admittedly only to vent. Last night's loss was frustrating, but yeah, I know Scuturo is at least an average shortstop... just seems like he doesn't make "the plays." Obviously it was a bad night overall last night... Crawford... don't get me started. It's true that I basically hate every signing (except A-Gon), including Beckett's, but I hope he keeps proving me wrong about that, and I hope Lackey and Crawford can join him in doing so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

No problem
    Some people need to vent in public
    Some pick their nose
    Some fa-rt
    Some fans aren't actually fans
    You have the right to vent about Beckett
    True fans have the right to be patient and optimistic
    You can complain about everyone except Adrian Gonzalez
    However I could never call myself a fan
    If I doubted every signing
    And disliked nearly every player
    Have you ever thought of taking up another pasttime
    That made you happier?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

[QUOTE]No problem Some people need to vent in public Some pick their nose Some fa-rt Some fans aren't actually fans You had the right to vent about Beckett True fans had the right to be patient and optimistic You can do the same about everyone except Adrian Gonzalez However I could never call myself a fan If I doubted every signing And disliked nearly every player Have to ever thought of taking up another pasttime That made you happier?

Wow... you sound like a barrel of laughs. Serious/angry much?

Anyway... sorry. I guess I'd never realized that I'm actually NOT a real Red Sox fan, despite rooting for them like crazy since I knew what baseball was, because I didn't like the Beckett, Lackey, and Crawford signings (two of which have so far been poor signings, the other of which has had one good year and one bad year) and vented once about Scuturo's poor play. "I'll take formidable reasoning skills for a thousand, Alex!"

I don't post here very often, but the one sort of poster that annoys me the most is the very serious, ultra-sensitive, self-righteous, paranoid "troll-killer" like you. It's an internet message board... people are allowed to whine if they want. Lighten up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Scuturo is garbage : Scutaro is but one of a number of Theo's bust short stops, Renteria, Lugo, Cabrera , he was great for some reason Theo didn't see any value in Orlando, trading Hanley Ramirez, the touted five tool player, yes I know they got Beckett but that happened while Theo was in the Gorilla suit and Jed Hoyer actually made that deal.   Scutaro isn't that bad, he missed a sign, crap happens, he is a decent player , his range is limited but he has good hands, and he hits .280 which isn't bad. There are a lot of teams who would love to have Scutaro. Where's iglesias? He the reincarnation of Ozzie Smith. Of that's right he can't hit, or hasn't yet at least. So what do they do next year for Short Stop? Lowrie, he of the professionel DL or Scutaro , my money says they resign Scutaro.
    Posted by aussiewill[/QUOTE]

Get Reyes and we'll never have to worry about shortstop for the next ten years.  In fact, we'll have the absolute best ss in MLB.  I would think after Lugo and Renteria Theo would realize he's got to fix that black hole in the lineup once and for all. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Too many whiners
    They are a dime a dozen
    Very boring
    You sir are one of two hundred here
    With the same pouting and scapegoating
    It is very childish
    Sorry to offend you
    You are not a fan / fanatic
    But a whiner - join the crowd
    You are # 211 in the line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tombirner. Show tombirner's posts

[QUOTE]Too many whiners They are a dime a dozen Very boring You sir are one of two hundred here With the same pouting and scapegoating It is very childish Sorry to offend you You are not a fan / fanatic But a whiner - join the crowd You are # 211 in the line.

Cool man- good luck saving the world.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 5/24/2006
    Last: 7/26/2011
    For a year and a half now, I've heard this guy mentioned so many times as "solid." What many call solid, I call mediocre. I don't have any stats handy, but this guy seems pretty weak both in the field and at the dish. Okay... I guess he plays hard and is a "consummate professional", which implies that he wouldn't be missing a huge sign that could possibly win the game for us. Then gets thrown out by a mile at second on the following pitch. Jeter's over the hil, but can you see him doing that?

I don't know if his errors are above or below average, but the guy almost never makes the tough plays. I can't prove that with statistics, but I watch a lot of games and if it's a tough play that could turn into a highlight, better believe he won't make it.

Good thing he has that pathetic offensive line to go with that weak a$s glove. This guy is the definition of mediocrity.
    Gosh you're an angry little troll.

Scut's played through injury, toughed things out, been there when his mates were falling with injuries of their own.  He soldiered through last year and has given effort that is worthy of respect.

Mediocrity is not garbage.  You need to back off because he missed a play.

He wasn't even supposed to be a big signing, but as many here have trumpeted, a compitent bridge to our farm prospects.

Ease off.  He's played better than many of the highly touted high dollar guys we've had.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]Garcia2's boss must be on vacation. When the cat is away the mice will play.

hey pikester,

what do you do for a living? rob graveyards?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scuturo is garbage : yeah dude...but Bill Maher is funny.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

no sh it sherlock. you figure that out yourself?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

garbage? that's a lil harsh no? i mean the guy played with one arm all last year and did OK...plus we are not paying him a zillion dollars for fifty years - he has been a decent pick-up imo...i like marco and the idea that we need an all-star at every position is getting tiresome

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]garbage? that's a lil harsh no? i mean the guy played with one arm all last year and did OK...plus we are not paying him a zillion dollars for fifty years - he has been a decent pick-up imo...i like marco and the idea that we need an all-star at every position is getting tiresome
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

We don't often agree but you are right.  I ask posters all the time about past teams who won with average shortstops.  The list is endless but no one addresses it.

Uribe, Eckstein, Lugo, Womack, Belliard, Hell even Alfredo Griffen won a title with the Dodgers in 1988.  The point is for every Jeter or Rollins, there are MANY other marginal players who simply do the job. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Scutaro is fine by me, he looks even better when Lowrie is there to help him out, sub and platoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scuturo is garbage : We don't often agree but you are right.  I ask posters all the time about past teams who won with average shortstops.  The list is endless but no one addresses it. Uribe, Eckstein, Lugo, Womack, Belliard, Hell even Alfredo Griffen won a title with the Dodgers in 1988.  The point is for every Jeter or Rollins, there are MANY other marginal players who simply do the job. 
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

the only thing you disagree with me is about our manager...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scuturo is garbage : the only thing you disagree with me is about our manager...
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

I'll buy that...

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm fine with Scutaro.  He ain't great, but he sure ain't garbage. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]Lowrie is SS garbage.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

lol  points for consistency