Seattle making a push for Stanton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

Seattle making a push for Stanton

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Mariners have contacted the Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton.

One source that Morosi spoke with doubts a deal will occur, so it doesn't appear that talks are serious. Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings said Sunday that the club will listen to offers for Stanton, so it wouldn't be surprising if most teams check in. Still, it's highly unlikely that the Marlins will move him. At least right now. Related:  Mariners

So what are the Sox waiting for?  I'd give em Bogaerts for Stanton.  The guy has a Fenway swing and is a proven young commodity.  Lets not let another one get away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Seattle making a push for Stanton

In response to mthomas43's comment:

So what are the Sox waiting for?  I'd give em Bogaerts for Stanton.  The guy has a Fenway swing and is a proven young commodity.  Lets not let another one get away. 

At least half the MLB teams have contacted the Marlins regarding Giancarlo Stanton.

Would you trade Xander Bogaerts, Matt Barnes, Jackie Bradley, Garin ChecchinI and Henry Owens for Giancarlo Stanton?

Even that might not be enough to land Stanton.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

lol zac. thats pretty much how its going to go down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Would you trade Xander Bogaerts, Matt Barnes, Jackie Bradley, Garin ChecchinI and Henry Owens for Giancarlo Stanton?

I think those 5 would do teh trick, but I'd try and sub Morales, Lava and Iggy for Bogaerts or Barnes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I think those 5 would do teh trick, but I'd try and sub Morales, Lava and Iggy for Bogaerts or Barnes.

Given what we have, I agree that it would take a 6 to 1 or 7 to 1 trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

At least half the MLB teams have contacted the Marlins regarding Giancarlo Stanton.

Very well put. Marlins will not trade Stanton unless they are blown away. Why? he's cheap he's under team control [arb. eligible 2014] not FA til 2017. But if team that might be able to pull it off and makes some sense its M's, badly need offense and have a ton of talent in minors. Could start w/ Mike Zunino who's going to be a stud catcher in this league and then add a couple of pitchers like Danny Hultzen / Taijuan Walker / James Paxton and you would probably have Marlins attention. Even RS can't match M's in what they have in upper minors almost ready for prime time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:

I'd give em Bogaerts for Stanton

"I'd give em Bogaerts for Stanton"

Me too Zac.

I'd throw in Montero if I could.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

FOX Sports' Jon Paul Morosi reports that the Mariners have contacted the Marlins about Giancarlo Stanton.

One source that Morosi spoke with doubts a deal will occur, so it doesn't appear that talks are serious. Marlins assistant general manager Dan Jennings said Sunday that the club will listen to offers for Stanton, so it wouldn't be surprising if most teams check in. Still, it's highly unlikely that the Marlins will move him. At least right now. Related:  Mariners

The Marlins are playing the game here, the mngt. is just throwing his name out to see what the response will be. The Marlins are in the driver's seat with this trade rumour. The marlins just dump major salary to the Jays for young players. It does not make sense that the marlins let go of a young stud OF'er if the plans are to rebuild the team, unless they get a great return to help the new rebuild.

If the Sox do make a bold move to get Stanton, then expect Ellsbury to be on the trade blocks to go elsewhere. I would say that 75% of other MLB's GM are also interested in doing a block buster deal to get this kid.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

think those 5 would do teh trick,

There is no way "those 5 do teh trick".

Stanton is an established everyday young MLB star who will be cheap for years. They aren't trading him for 5 "maybe long MLB career but current prospects" who aren't much cheaper than Stanton himself. Odds are that none will be as good as Stanton, and odds are that no more than two end up with average MLB careers. How can anyone be that stupid!

This from the clown who offered a joke for Upton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

We have the deepest farm system we've had in years and we want to trade half of our top 10 prospects for ONE guy.  I'm sorry but I don't think that is the answer.  Year in and out we always have players we crave, there is that ONE guy we have to have and even when we do get them from time to time we see how little impact one guy can really have on a team.

Adrian Gonzalez, King Felix, Cliff Lee....it's always someone.  I say have some patience and let the young kids instill some youth into this team in the next couple years. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

We have the deepest farm system we've had in years and we want to trade half of our top 10 prospects for ONE guy.  I'm sorry but I don't think that is the answer.  Year in and out we always have players we crave, there is that ONE guy we have to have and even when we do get them from time to time we see how little impact one guy can really have on a team.

Adrian Gonzalez, King Felix, Cliff Lee....it's always someone.  I say have some patience and let the young kids instill some youth into this team in the next couple years. 

Stanton is 25, so he would be a young infusion of talent, but I understand what you are saying...

I think that exceptional prospects should move through the system faster, especially position players. Football and basketball does not have "minor leagues". I would like to see youth while it is still youth by baseball standards. Upton and Stanton are already veterans. Even Trout and Harper were greatly accelerated to get to MLB. If Bogaerts is a Harper, we should get him up to MLB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

Stanton is 25, so he would be a young infusion of talent, but I understand what you are saying...

Giancarlo Stanton turned 23 in November:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stantmi03.shtml

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I would rather play in Miami than Seattle.  LOL

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I would rather play in Miami than Seattle.  LOL

Hell yea. Theres tons of places to go to forget your loosing in Miami, Not to mention the nice warm weather and hot babes. Whats there to do in seattle??? And the weather sucks, seems its always raining.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

The Sox would need to give up a lot for Stanton.  I would package Bogy, Brentz, Bradley, De La Rosa and Salty if Nap plays.  Brantly is there only decent young catcher and Buck was worse than Salty last season.  Barnes is a safer bet to keep in our future if possible. 

With Stanton and Victorino we may not need Bradley.  If Ells has a good year we can either re-sign him, or worry about replacing him next season.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to 808soxfan's comment:

Giancarlo Stanton turned 23 in November:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stantmi03.shtml

LOL!

Like I said.... Stanton is 23....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftymcrighty. Show Leftymcrighty's posts

Hey, for a 23 year old power bat, you make the call, at the very least.

Sure the Marlins would want prospects, but this guy is PROVEN, and as young as the prospects involved.

The idea of Stanton taking aim at the wall for the foreseeable future, is a nice thought

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to Leftymcrighty's comment:

Hey, for a 23 year old power bat, you make the call, at the very least.

Sure the Marlins would want prospects, but this guy is PROVEN, and as young as the prospects involved.

The idea of Stanton taking aim at the wall for the foreseeable future, is a nice thought

Stanton which ever way you look at it has proved more at the big league level than any of our youngsters so it might be worth the risk to give up a few of our best.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Offer Middlebrooks, Brentz, Bradly, Iggy,Barnes and pay most of either Lester or Buch remaining

on their contract.

Sections
Shortcuts