Seattle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobleD. Show dobleD's posts

Seattle

Why can't Theo just offer 5 players to Seattle for king Felix. Were a team of now. Just like the Yankees and phillies. 

Now Seattle are many pieces away from a perennial  contender so why not move him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Re: Seattle

In Response to Seattle:
    Why can't Theo just offer 5 players to Seattle for king Felix. Were a team of now. Just like the Yankees and phillies.  Now Seattle are many pieces away from a perennial  contender so why not move him. 
    Posted by dobleD

Here we go again....because to acquire King Felix you would likely need to start with two major league ready impact players and several top prospects.  The Sox don't have the players to get the deal done unless they build the deal around players like Ellsbury and Bard to start.  We simply don't have the prospects to get it done without impacting the major league roster.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Can't hurt to ask the M's to tell Theo to give him a list of any and all of his minor leaguers not currently on the 25 man roster that it would take to get him....Probably be the Sox Best 6-7 prospects....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

Here's what it would take to land him:

Will Middlebrooks
    Ryan Lavarnway

Cringing yet? Add:

Clay Buccholz (injured and yet to prove he can consistently put up 2010 numbers)
    Josh Reddick
    Jed Lowrie

You're asking a team with no real superstars to trade their young (25 year old), reasonably cost-controlled ($58 million over next 3 years), former Cy Young winner that they were building a team around for maybe the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

I'd love to have him too, but I fear the cost may be too prohibitive. I personally think Buch could be almost as good as King Felix by 2012 if healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

In Response to Re: Seattle:
    Can't hurt to ask the M's to tell Theo to give him a list of any and all of his minor leaguers not currently on the 25 man roster that it would take to get him....Probably be the Sox Best 6-7 prospects....
    Posted by andrewmitch

If he were available there are other teams that would put together a better package then the top 6-7 prospects in the red flops farm system.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It will have to start something like this..
    Theo: "Heres a list of our top 10..pick 5."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

They could have Will, Ryan, Jed, Josh, and the other Felix and I wouldn't cringe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobleD. Show dobleD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seattle : Here we go again....because to acquire King Felix you would likely need to start with two major league ready impact players and several top prospects.  The Sox don't have the players to get the deal done unless they build the deal around players like Ellsbury and Bard to start.  We simply don't have the prospects to get it done without impacting the major league roster.        
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE

well that makes sense. ill say this, lester and beckett could match up anyone in the majors as the 1-2 punch of the team , but who can we rely on as our #3 starter ? Lackey ? Buchholz ? bedard or harden lol ? i guess well have to mash the opposing team pitchers.

if the yankees dont get a reliable starter or heath bell in the bullpen (yikes ) i guess we well be good the rest of the way until we face HALLADAY , LEE , HAMELS, OSWALT.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

It will have to start something like this.. Theo: "Heres a list of our top 10..pick 5."
    Posted by southpaw777

They already tried that a couple of years ago when their farm system was stronger and were turned down. Why would seattle do it now for lesser prospects?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

Because Felix is young and an ace Seattle would want to build around not trade away......

Never going to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I agree with King Felix, do something big. Bedard and Harden are rental fodder nothing more Felix would be big like they were trying to do several years ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

In Response to Re: Seattle : If he were available there are other teams that would put together a better package then the top 6-7 prospects in the red flops farm system.
    Posted by -TheBabe---------

Is it possible for you to respond without giving a player or team a ridiculous name?  The team is the Red Sox.  This is a Red Sox forum.  How about a modicum of respect and restraint when posting here?  

Folks who use nicknames to demean a player or organization only demonstrate to me that they have feelings of inadequacy and self-esteem issues.  Just like swearing often shows a limited vocabulary and inability to truly contribute a meaningful idea to an argument.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Seattle : Is it possible for you to respond without giving a player or team a ridiculous name?  The team is the Red Sox.  This is a Red Sox forum.  How about a modicum of respect and restraint when posting here?   Folks who use nicknames to demean a player or organization only demonstrate to me that they have feelings of inadequacy and self-esteem issues.  Just like swearing often shows a limited vocabulary and inability to truly contribute a meaningful idea to an argument.
    Posted by rickerd2

Save your time.  Do what I did - put him on Ignore and move on.   Just beware that he changes his handle (slightly) every day so you have to keep hitting IGNORE.  With that said, to your point, he is an individual who hates to be ignored; I wish more mommas paid more attention to their kids when they were young......There is something really sick about someone who spends most of their day trying to tick people off.......I feel sorry for him but at the same time he ain't my problem........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Sometimes it is hard to ignore things that annoy us.  It's like the canker sore that you can't leave alone, or the enflamed tastebud that needs to be poked at. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't want Felix Hernandez. He's a terrific pitcher and would obviously make the Red Sox unstoppable both now and in the future. I just don't think it would be good for the game as a whole. I don't want the divide between have and have-nots to widen further. I want the Red Sox to win, but I don't wish them to do it Yankee-style by raiding other teams of their few assets. Let the Mariners keep Hernandez. Let there be some semblance of balance in baseball. The Red Sox are going to be a great team with or without Hernandez. Let's not morph into our entitled brethren to the south of us who expect All-Stars at every position and Cy Young Award contenders in the 1-3 spots of the starting rotation. There's nothing wrong with aiming for a No. 4 or 5 starter on a team that already has three aces.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Seattle : They already tried that a couple of years ago when their farm system was stronger and were turned down. Why would seattle do it now for lesser prospects?
    Posted by -TheBabe---------

exactly..It would have to start there for that very reason...

Sections
Shortcuts