second half predictions...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: second half predictions...

In response to eggplants' comment:

If they don't solve the closer problem; no division title, no wild card,no playoffs. My prediction for ALE winner is Balt., best up the middle defense in AL. ALC winner KC if they can get a power bat,otherwise Cleveland. ALW winner Oakland in a nail-biter. A's have all they need in minor leagues, Sonny Gray RHS looks ready and the biggest stud may be hard throwing LH'er Pedro Figueroa who contributed quite a bit last year when the A's made up 13 Games to win the division.

Like those underdog picks Eggs. AL Central isnt a lock this year with Detroit having no legit closer and Verlander struggling this year along with sanchez on the DL for shoulder issues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

2nd Halp Predictions.

(1) Sox remain competitive 

(2) Iggy moves to SS for good

(3) MBrooks comes back strong

(4) Top 4 hitters, Ells, Shane, Pedi, Papi lead the way

(5) Webster stays in the rotation

(6) Naps, Gomes, and Carp continue on their same path

(7) The legend of Nav grows

(8) Bard comes back strong,

(9) No major trades

(10) Finish with 90+ wins

(11) Sox continue to be fun to watch  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

After the recent news on Buch, my prediction that the Sox wont add another starter might be wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

1. Buch will be out longer than we think

2. Doubront will be DL'ed

3 Sox finish second.......Toronto first

4. Cishnek (sorry if spelled wrong) from Marlins will be picked up at trade deadline

5. A. Ramirez gets picked up also

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

We will be at the half way point of the 2013 season after this weekend, so I though it would be fun to hear some second half predictions for individual players, and/or teams predictions for the remainder of the season...Final standings results, call-ups, trades, and even playoff predictions (if you think they will make it) are welcome too. I will post mine later. I dont have time right now, but wanted to make this thread while I thought of it...Look forward to your predictions.

Id like to keep this thread alive for the remainder of the year so we can have some fun and see who got what right and wrong.

Also, lets do some bold predictions as well as our basic predictions....Thanks All!!!

There will certainly be a lot of original predictions blown out of the water if we continue to hang around.  I still say at least 88 wins and a PS berth with good health and pitching, while Tampa tanks in last place.

KEY WORD IS STILL "PITCHING" which is not good enough to repeat our first half in my opinion without an upgrade.  I also don't like the fact Webster is getteing another opportunity on Friday.   I'm also beginning to think Webster is our new over hyped version of Weiland who also needed much more time in the minors but I still wish him luck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

My prediction is that the Ale winner will go down to the final days of the season.

That no team is running away with this division, the lead will change hands from now until then.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

My prediction is that the Ale winner will go down to the final days of the season.

That no team is running away with this division, the lead will change hands from now until then.

I agree with this 100%

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I also predict that A-Rod will tweet again about his progress.   LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

I also predict that A-Rod will tweet again about his progress.   LOL

and be told once again to S T F U by his GM, who will once again regret saying those words publiclySealed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The Sox will acquire Carlos Villanueva and get a necessary starter/reliever flex arm in the process.

They will give up Deven Marrero in the deal.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

they are winning a lot more than i expected so i will just enjoy it...its all gravy at this point...but i think Ben makes a key pitching deal before the deadline...

As always - 100% correct!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to notin's comment:

The Sox will acquire Carlos Villanueva and get a necessary starter/reliever flex arm in the process.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

Castro is pretty much there for a while and they already have 2 high ceiling SS in their top 5 prospects that can probably play either SS or 2b? Or is it more a salary dump? I would think they might want a little more than a player at a position they have plenty of...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

The Middlebrooks move was well done by BEN......  With this 4 game series with the Jays, I see BEN moving a couple of Vets (that will surprise all of us) to open the DOOR to  our own kids as the depth in the system is knocking on the door !!!

exactly what depth is knocking on the door? And what Vets will be playing elsewhere?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Middlebrooks move was well done by BEN......  With this 4 game series with the Jays, I see BEN moving a couple of Vets (that will surprise all of us) to open the DOOR to  our own kids as the depth in the system is knocking on the door !!!

exactly what depth is knocking on the door? And what Vets will be playing elsewhere?

[/QUOTE]  If I knew that, I would be the gosh darn  G M   !!!   Just mark my words !!

[/QUOTE]

Undecided

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yup!

Can't wait to see Webster pitch against the Jays on Sat!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to notin's comment:

-Shel Silverstein

Castro is pretty much there for a while and they already have 2 high ceiling SS in their top 5 prospects that can probably play either SS or 2b? Or is it more a salary dump? I would think they might want a little more than a player at a position they have plenty of...

The Cubs will try to make some deals to fill positions, but others to simply get the best prospects available to bolster their farm depth.  This both hedges their bets that at least one succeeds, and gives them flexibility to make future deals...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

1) AL East will be detemined last week of season.
    2) Jon Lester is the key for the Sox to win it.
    3) If no Major Injuries in next 4 weeks, no Major Transaction. Sox will keep using the Farm. (Smart move).
    4) 89 wins there will be a Play-off, 90 wins Sox win it. (Keep an eye out for blown saves). AL East teams will be beating each other up, so wins against other Divisions, will be huge.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

John Lackey will finish the year with 15 wins and an ERA of 3.20

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yup!

[/QUOTE]

That would be Friday 4B's

[/QUOTE]

According to the Red Sox site, Doubront is pitching Friday, Webster on Sat.

I hope it's correct. I'm going to the game Friday night.

I'd much rather watch Doubront.

[/QUOTE]

Wow Quick draw McGraw, I erased that as quickly as I put it up after i noticed they moved it to saturday. They did announce it would be friday earlier in the week...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yup!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow Quick draw McGraw, I erased that as quickly as I put it up after i noticed they moved it to saturday. They did announce it would be friday earlier in the week...

[/QUOTE]

What post? LOL

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yup!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What post? LOL

[/QUOTE]

TOUCHE!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts