See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine.........

If They Had 4 WC,s We Would Still Not Make It........
     Go PATS..............................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine.........

You're running up the white flag already?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine.........:
    [QUOTE]You're running up the white flag already?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

I think I can I think I can I think I can.......sometimes the Little Engine needs to take a break so he can better for his next trip.  You know, give up the battle so you can win the war........Dreams are great but reality is also a nice place to visit now and again too. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : I think I can I think I can I think I can.......sometimes the Little Engine needs to take a break so he can better for his next trip.  You know, give up the battle so you can win the war........Dreams are great but reality is also a nice place to visit now and again too. 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Never give up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]You're running up the white flag already?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : Never give up.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Never huh?  Well, sometimes the decision is made for you. 

Reality is nice place to visit to.  Gives you perspective.  Allows to refocus your efforts, see thing clearly.  Unless you still thought that after CC dropped the ball in Baltimore and Longo drove one over the fence that the Sox still had a chance????????  When Yaz poped up to Nettles I think it was ok to give up.......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : Never huh?  Well, sometimes the decision is made for you.  Reality is nice place to visit to.  Gives you perspective.  Allows to refocus your efforts, see thing clearly.  Unless you still thought that after CC dropped the ball in Baltimore and Longo drove one over the fence that the Sox still had a chance????????  When Yaz poped up to Nettles I think it was ok to give up.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]I'm not giving up until we're done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : I'm not giving up until we're done.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

They're done.  And to not refocus on the long term (ie beyond this year) is reckless.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : They're done.  And to not refocus on the long term (ie beyond this year) is reckless.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]You never surrender until you need to. I would have thought you would have known that Central.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : You never surrender until you need to. I would have thought you would have known that Central.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

A good general needs to recognize when to retreat.  Otherwise you are just sending your men into battle for the inevitable massacre........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : A good general needs to recognize when to retreat.  Otherwise you are just sending your men into battle for the inevitable massacre........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]That's exactly the kind of thinking that will lose you more battles than you win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : That's exactly the kind of thinking that will lose you more battles than you win.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Again, sometimes you have to concede a battle to win the war......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : Again, sometimes you have to concede a battle to win the war......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]That's my point though. Never give up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : That's my point though. Never give up.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

And that's my point, you'll get massacred when instead you can live to fight anther day...AND WIN...if you are more careful, strategic, and prudent.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : And that's my point, you'll get massacred when instead you can live to fight anther day...AND WIN...if you are more careful, strategic, and prudent.........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]Heroes die but once.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I don't care how bad they are I'll always follow them and watch as will everyone elae here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fenwayjimy. Show Fenwayjimy's posts

it's over

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The Sox can be spoilers to all the AL East teams and cause some consternation for the Angels by playing them tough the rest of the way.

We owe the Rays and O's some payback for last Sept.--wouldn't it be nice to knock both out, if we can't make it. Perhaps even keep the Yanks from getting Home Field Advantage...there's still plenty to play for to say nothing of trying to impress Sox management or other teams if you're a player on the bubble.. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to "Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine.........": [QUOTE]The Sox can be spoilers to all the AL East teams and cause some consternation for the Angels by playing them tough the rest of the way. We owe the Rays and O's some payback for last Sept.--wouldn't it be nice to knock both out, if we can't make it. Perhaps even keep the Yanks from getting Home Field Advantage...there's still plenty to play for to say nothing of trying to impress Sox management or other teams if you're a player on the bubble..  Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE] LOL. It's come to this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: See You All Next Spring, Disapointed Here In Maine......... : A good general needs to recognize when to retreat.  Otherwise you are just sending your men into battle for the inevitable massacre........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

Bad anology, it's not a war where men can get killed needlessly. It's a game where you lose nothing by continuing, and always have the opportunity to turn it around, until you are mathmatically eliminated. It never hurts to keep that glimmer of hope alive. You have nothing to lose by not giving up, and everything to gain by continuing the "battle".

John Belushi would be ashamed of you.