seems like we are losing IGGY!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: seems like we are losing IGGY!

If Iggy is pouting because he was sent down, the Sox shouldn't want him until he grows up and neither should all the posters (like Geo and Bill) who have ripped Sox players in the past two years for being entitled and needing to change the culture.

What did Iggy do to earn a spot in the majors. Bat .118 at the end of last year? Get a few cheap its in six games to start the year? He knew that he was going back to the minors when Drew was ready. If he thought he deserved to stay, he would have gone down and showed everyone that he's improved as a hitter. 

And what has he done? Pout like a baby. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Roy, I agree with you that pouting (if thats what it is) is wrong...he has been paid very nicely by the sox so he should just do his job - wherever that may be in the organization

then again if he earned the job during spring training and was doing well in the majors, why was he sent down? What does a guy have to do to stay on the team? Apparently sign a big free agent contract and youre in regardless of performance or injury....imo thats not the way to run a team....play your best players....Iggy may be moving up shortly anyways based on pedro's horrific night yeterday

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

If Iggy is pouting because he was sent down, the Sox shouldn't want him until he grows up and neither should all the posters (like Geo and Bill) who have ripped Sox players in the past two years for being entitled and needing to change the culture.

What did Iggy do to earn a spot in the majors. Bat .118 at the end of last year? Get a few cheap its in six games to start the year? He knew that he was going back to the minors when Drew was ready. If he thought he deserved to stay, he would have gone down and showed everyone that he's improved as a hitter. 

And what has he done? Pout like a baby. 

Well Put! Iggy still has not proven to anyone that he can hit on a consistent basis. The 6 games he started the year he was leading the league in infield hits. But your right he knew he was only starter til Drew came back, started season well for RS, go to AAA continue to hit well and play his normal great defense and force the RS to make a move Earn It! Look at what Bradley did in ST and what Webster has done to start yr @ AAA, they're earning their shot and Iggy should do the same. I know we live in an entitlement society, but hopefully that doesn't work in MLB as well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Roy, I agree with you that pouting (if thats what it is) is wrong...he has been paid very nicely by the sox so he should just do his job - wherever that may be in the organization

then again if he earned the job during spring training and was doing well in the majors, why was he sent down? What does a guy have to do to stay on the team? Apparently sign a big free agent contract and youre in regardless of performance or injury....imo thats not the way to run a team....play your best players....Iggy may be moving up shortly anyways based on pedro's horrific night yeterday

When they signed Drew, there was no earning the job at the start of the seasson for Iggy. He didnt earn it batting .118 the year before, nor did he earn it with a couple infield hits in a couple games filling in for Drew.

If hes mad because he thought he earned the job, he needs to wake up and realize hes still not hitting AAA pitching that well. The Sox paid him 8M so far and hes only just turned 23. Take this year and practice your hitting and we will see you later this year or in 2014.

Now that may not be the case, but the fact of the matter is Iggy has NOT earned an MLB starting job with the Sox yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I have to say....I am SO SICK of hearing about all of these players delicate feelings!  If that's the case....trade them.  All of this garbage about Bard being lousy because starting messed with him is pure GARBAGE.  The kid has some of the best coaches in the world helping him.  If his fragile mind can't take it.....trade him.  As for Iggy....there has been no proof that his mind has been somehow affected because he was sent down.  The only FACTS are: 1) He has NEVER been able to hit anywhere...other then 6 stinkin games this season. 2) He gets injured and sometimes has trouble staying on the field.  If indeed his mind has been affected because he was sent to AAA....then too bad.  He get's paid a ton of money.....being a pouty face is NOT what he gets paid for.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

We do not know why he was benched. We don't even really know he was benched. It was a "manager's decision". He could be involved in a potential trade. He could be just working on things on the side to improve. He could be a lttle hurt and it's just to give him a few days to recuperate. He could be suffering from something like depression. We do not know do we?

So why don't we wait and not jump to assume he's lazy or a mal content...etc. There has never been a hint of that with him. Let's give the kid a break.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We should all hold our judgements until we know all the details, but it's hard not to be concerned.

About WMB, I wonder if any consideration has been given to moving Drew to 3B and bringing Iggy up to play SS. I'm not sure Ciriaco can handle 3B for a long stretch (and no, I'm not basing that on a one game sample size).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If we're "losing" him because hes acting like that, then hes too immature to be here anyway, and would likely do the same thing here his first slump.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

We should all hold our judgements until we know all the details, but it's hard not to be concerned.

About WMB, I wonder if any consideration has been given to moving Drew to 3B and bringing Iggy up to play SS. I'm not sure Ciriaco can handle 3B for a long stretch (and no, I'm not basing that on a one game sample size).

If you read Iggys prospect page on soxprospects.com, its says hes more than adequate at 3b or 2b as well as ss. Not sure Drew has much exp. there. No bat, but at least above average, if not great defense there. But like exam said, if hes whining down there then I dont want him up here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from illinoisredsox. Show illinoisredsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

If you read Iggys prospect page on soxprospects.com, its says hes more than adequate at 3b or 2b as well as ss. Not sure Drew has much exp. there. No bat, but at least above average, if not great defense there. But like exam said, if hes whining down there then I dont want him up here.

I had a similar thought to moonslav's this morning re. Drew and Iggy.  But putting Iggy at third might work as well.  While you generally like some offense from your 3rd sacker, replacing what Middlebrooks has given to date unfortunately is all too easy to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

We do not know why he was benched. We don't even really know he was benched. It was a "manager's decision". He could be involved in a potential trade. He could be just working on things on the side to improve. He could be a lttle hurt and it's just to give him a few days to recuperate. He could be suffering from something like depression. We do not know do we?

So why don't we wait and not jump to assume he's lazy or a mal content...etc. There has never been a hint of that with him. Let's give the kid a break.

Iggy failed to run out some grounders and the manager benched him, so apprently his attitude could be the problem.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to mryazz's comment:

In response to georom4's comment:

a whiner defending a whiner. how predictable is that?

Georom only dislikes malcontents with the last name "Beckett".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I don't think Drew has any experience at all at 3B. And Iggy there would just perpetuate the black hole that has been present there for the last month. Snyder is probably a better choice.

Sections
Shortcuts