Selfish Wakefield - Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Selfish Wakefield - Again

Selfish Wakefield usurps the entire first page of "On the Front Burner".

posted at 3/30/2011 3:15 AM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee&plckUserId=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee">
    First: 9/29/2009
    Last: 5/1/2011
    Is this the End of Wakefield?

Media Gives Wakefield a Pass

It is time to cut ties with Wakefield?

Is Wakefield the greatest utility pitcher of all time?

Wakefield = Wasted Roster Spot

Wake's gotta go

Why Wakefield will be valuable for the Red Sox in 2011

Wakefield needs to go!

Should we burn Wakefield at the stake?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Selfish Wakefield - Again

Now a few weeks later we have:

In Defense of Wakefield

And Francona pulled Wakefield because???

Do you owe Wakefield an apology?

THEO.... Tim Wakefield???? I WAS WRONG TODAY!!

King Tim!

etc......,  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Where do we gain some levity here on the forum?  Are we (meaning you because I have my wits) so fickle that one day we wish to send the man to the gallows and the next we are prepared to make him King?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pelosireturns. Show pelosireturns's posts

I think the beatification of Wakefield is next.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

ooooooh, good idea.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

It amazes me how often the same people can get it wrong so often, and always because for the same reason, small sample size.  He'll pitch to an ERA of about 5.00, given enough IPs to flatten out the ups and downs.  It really only takes a few bad innings to get the haters out here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Seattle had the worst offense in the AL, a year ago. This year, there is only one team worse in OPS. They are a terrible offensive team. As I said before this game, Wakefield going a few innings and getting lucky does not validate the fact he is a waste of a roster spot. A revolving door of AAA'ers could have gone 5 and change, Aceves to name one. Except Aceves is a legitimate decent pen option, as well, unlike Wakefield. Wakefield needs to go, and this fumes off the de facto DL merely confirms it. Tito took him out because it was miracle he lasted that long.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Typical Wakefield, selfishly pitching well enought to use up the board space that should go to a younger, harder-throwing pitcher.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response; to Selfish Wakefield - Again:
    [QUOTE]Selfish Wakefield usurps the entire first page of "On the Front Burner". posted at 3/30/2011 3:15 AM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee&plckUserId=d122aefcdaf458362282bbfb1965bdee " /> BurritoT Posts: 2787 First: 9/29/2009 Last: 5/1/2011 Is this the End of Wakefield? Media Gives Wakefield a Pass It is time to cut ties with Wakefield? Is Wakefield the greatest utility pitcher of all time? Wakefield = Wasted Roster Spot Wake's gotta go Why Wakefield will be valuable for the Red Sox in 2011 Wakefield needs to go! Should we burn Wakefield at the stake?
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Selfish Wakefield - Again:
    [QUOTE]Seattle had the worst offense in the AL, a year ago. This year, there is only one team worse in OPS. They are a terrible offensive team. As I said before this game, Wakefield going a few innings and getting lucky does not validate the fact he is a waste of a roster spot. A revolving door of AAA'ers could have gone 5 and change, Aceves to name one. Except Aceves is a legitimate decent pen option, as well, unlike Wakefield. Wakefield needs to go, and this fumes off the de facto DL merely confirms it. Tito took him out because it was miracle he lasted that long.
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Wakefield's ERA is better than that of three starters:  Buchholz, Matsuzaka, and of course Lackey.  Better, too, than the team ERA. 

Seattle might have the worse offense in the history of baseball, but they sure liked Fenway Park, taking 2 of 3 from the Sox before Wake took them on. 

You have consistently decried Wake's performance/worth this year--proof that "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds." 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunslav. Show sunslav's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

n

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and he's out 6th starter or 10-12 pitcher on the staff, yet he's the reason we ar doing poorly?

The absurd clowns have outdone themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

There is such a ridiculous lack of respect with some of the fans involved with this forum, when it comes to veteran leadership.  Wakefield has been the anti-Roger Clemens of the Red Sox.  I am sick and tired of the ignorant suggestions that this man has no place on this years roster.  As soon as a starter gets hurt, who is coming in?  If somebody gets knocked around in the first 2 innings, who's coming in?  There is nobody else I would rather see on the mound than Wakefield, if the team needs to soak up innings.  Has anyone noticed that for the first time in over a decade Wakefield is not a starter, and the Sox got off to their worst starter ever.  A knuckleballer seems to make the guy pitching the next day that much better. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

The man has had a one year contract for how long? 

If management didn't think he was valuable, they wouldn't have signed this years. 

-Daf. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

k