Send a Message

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Send a Message

The Red Sox have lost 5 straight games, looking horrendous in all of them. If I were management, I'd send a message to the established players by calling up Anderson, Iglesias, Tazawa and Okajima from Pawtucket, and starting the following lineup tomorrow:

C Lavarnway
    1B Anderson
    2B Lowrie
    SS Iglesias
    3B Aviles
    LF Spears
    CF McDonald
    RF Reddick
    DH Scutaro (the only veteran playing well right now)

In the bullpen, I'd go to guys like Doubront, Tazawa, Atchison, Bowden and Okajima before opting for the "relief" that's been on the team all year. Papelbon and Aceves have been fine, so they can pitch too.

Benching the underperforming stars might send a message that the current level of play is not acceptable. If it angers people, so be it. They need a wakeup call.

If this team hangs onto a playoff spot, I'm very tempted to exclude Miller, Lackey and Albers from the roster, and do something a little crazy like throw Alex Wilson and/or Junichi Tazawa into the playoff mix. At least guys are unfamiliar with them and they might trick opposing batters. Hideki Okajima should definitely be in the picture as a lefthanded relief option. If he's not promoted within the next couple days, I have to wonder if the Red Sox have a personal vendetta against him. If both Okajima and Tazawa fail to draw promotions, then I'll think there might be some anti-Asian sentiment with upper management.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Re: Send a Message

I agree. Carting out Wastefield, even if a man who hasnt won a game since June 23 is overdue for law of averages, should be unacceptable to wise fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

and starting the following lineup tomorrow:

C Lavarnway
    1B Anderson
    2B Lowrie
    SS Iglesias
    3B Aviles
    LF Spears
    CF McDonald
    RF Reddick
    DH Scutaro (the only veteran playing well right now)

LOL the only message that would show would be

hang in there

a couple of W's and you will forget about this last week

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Send a Message:
    The Red Sox have lost 5 straight games, looking horrendous in all of them. If I were management, I'd send a message to the established players by calling up Anderson, Iglesias, Tazawa and Okajima from Pawtucket, and starting the following lineup tomorrow: C Lavarnway 1B Anderson 2B Lowrie SS Iglesias 3B Aviles LF Spears CF McDonald RF Reddick DH Scutaro (the only veteran playing well right now) In the bullpen, I'd go to guys like Doubront, Tazawa, Atchison, Bowden and Okajima before opting for the "relief" that's been on the team all year. Papelbon and Aceves have been fine, so they can pitch too. Benching the underperforming stars might send a message that the current level of play is not acceptable. If it angers people, so be it. They need a wakeup call. If this team hangs onto a playoff spot, I'm very tempted to exclude Miller, Lackey and Albers from the roster, and do something a little crazy like throw Alex Wilson and/or Junichi Tazawa into the playoff mix. At least guys are unfamiliar with them and they might trick opposing batters. Hideki Okajima should definitely be in the picture as a lefthanded relief option. If he's not promoted within the next couple days, I have to wonder if the Red Sox have a personal vendetta against him. If both Okajima and Tazawa fail to draw promotions, then I'll think there might be some anti-Asian sentiment with upper management.
    Posted by davidap

I understand the frustration, which we all share. But starting that lineup would send a message that you're insane. As in, clinically.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

"The Red Sox have lost 5 straight games, looking horrendous in all of them. "

Losing last night after HRs by Salty and Ellsbury was horrendous. I do believe that the OP needs to think before posting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Losing last night after HRs by Salty and Ellsbury was horrendous. I do believe that the OP needs to think before posting.

Allowing a very playable fly ball to drop in for a triple in extra innings is indeed horrendous. Compounding that mistake by throwing an elevated meatball to the best or second best hitter on the opposing team (Longoria) with one out in the inning and first base open (why not go for a groundball inning-ending double play?) is also horrendous. One good inning does not make a loss any less pitiful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I'm not sure I'd want the OP managing a McDonalds, much less a major league baseball team.

I suspect the "underperforming stars" know they're underperforming. No need to send a message.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOfTLaw1AAA. Show SOfTLaw1AAA's posts

Amusing to see extra innings extra base fly ball blamed on Mac. Ellsbury was there and simply missed the ball with his glove.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Send a Message:
    Losing last night after HRs by Salty and Ellsbury was horrendous. I do believe that the OP needs to think before posting. Allowing a very playable fly ball to drop in for a triple in extra innings is indeed horrendous. Compounding that mistake by throwing an elevated meatball to the best or second best hitter on the opposing team (Longoria) with one out in the inning and first base open (why not go for a groundball inning-ending double play?) is also horrendous. One good inning does not make a loss any less pitiful.
    Posted by davidap

It was a 98MPH high heater..far from a meatball...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Send a Message:
    The Red Sox have lost 5 straight games, looking horrendous in all of them. If I were management, I'd send a message to the established players by calling up Anderson, Iglesias, Tazawa and Okajima from Pawtucket, and starting the following lineup tomorrow: C Lavarnway 1B Anderson 2B Lowrie SS Iglesias 3B Aviles LF Spears CF McDonald RF Reddick DH Scutaro (the only veteran playing well right now) In the bullpen, I'd go to guys like Doubront, Tazawa, Atchison, Bowden and Okajima before opting for the "relief" that's been on the team all year. Papelbon and Aceves have been fine, so they can pitch too. Benching the underperforming stars might send a message that the current level of play is not acceptable. If it angers people, so be it. They need a wakeup call. If this team hangs onto a playoff spot, I'm very tempted to exclude Miller, Lackey and Albers from the roster, and do something a little crazy like throw Alex Wilson and/or Junichi Tazawa into the playoff mix. At least guys are unfamiliar with them and they might trick opposing batters. Hideki Okajima should definitely be in the picture as a lefthanded relief option. If he's not promoted within the next couple days, I have to wonder if the Red Sox have a personal vendetta against him. If both Okajima and Tazawa fail to draw promotions, then I'll think there might be some anti-Asian sentiment with upper management.
    Posted by davidap

You have to be on the 40-man to get called up..Wilson is not..Oki has already said not to call him up as hes pzzd off at management..prob not a good idea to call up a player that doesnt want to play..
    Zac is 100% right on..that would send a message that the Sox are giving in..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

"......then I'll think there might be some anti-Asian sentiment with upper management."

Ya think? I'm surprised there is black players on the team. It wasn't too long ago when there were only one or two token black players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I thought that FenwayJack had the forum copyright on playing the racecard but then maybe Alibiike = FenwayJack. Pumpsie is still mad about his delayed callup in 1955.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

I thought that FenwayJack had the forum copyright on playing the racecard but then maybe Alibiike = FenwayJack. Pumpsie is still mad about his delayed callup in 1955.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

I thought this forum was about baseball?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Send a Message : I thought this forum was about baseball?
    Posted by Bad-Scene-

Why isn't this post attached to the last post by Alibiike?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Send a Message : Why isn't this post attached to the last post by Alibiike?
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Well Pike you are the one who tries to censor others so I thought you may want to apply this to yourself as well.  This subject is off topic of baseaball please bring it somewhere else.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Looking for racism in the present Red Sox front office is not baseball talk.. It has been discussed and refuted on this forum at least twenty times in recent years and yet the same posters keep trying to raise controversy and flame the forum. It is not baseball talk and the moderators (censors) should delete such posts. Yes censorship is warranted in this situation.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Looking for racism in the present Red Sox front office is not baseball talk.. It has been discussed and refuted on this forum at least twenty times in recent years and yet the same posters keep trying to raise controversy and flame the forum. It is not baseball talk and the moderators (censors) should delete such posts. Yes censorship is warranted in this situation.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

While I feel the mods delete too much here, I think that if this subject keeps coming up it should be eliminated and others who can't stand this type of talk should not post on the thread as well.

Sections
Shortcuts