Send JBJ Down

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Send JBJ Down

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to UnionFallsNY's comment:

If we come here to play GM and pretend that we are a GM and in charge of how to spend scarce resources $$$$ then you must seperate being a totally  passionate fan from being a "bean counter" and $20 mil. is a lot of beans. I prefer that we wait eleven games to bring up Bradley in order to delay his free agency by one year.

I might not be here in 2019, I only buy four bananas at a time now, LOL. - but I hope that the RS can compete with the Evil Empire in 2019 with some cash in their bank account.

If it is in 2019 or 2020 , they have to face it at some point. It is up to management to figure out how to afford their top players. To me , you do it with a steady stream of young players, who are not being paid a lot, to mix in with the higher paid guys. I think the mistake is to pay big bucks to guys who are essentially mediocre veterans.  We are spending something like 23 million this year Drew and Dempster. Just my opinion , but I view that as the wrong way to allocate payroll.  If Bradley is sent down, I'm not going to go crazy about it. I just don't think it is right.

I agree with most of your post. My point is that by delaying the clock you will be able to sign him for an arbitration value of 30% of the FA value in 2018 .

Drew and Dempster are temporary measures to keep fans coming to the park and keeping TV and radio ratings reasonable. Do you realize that the Yankees are paying Youk $12 mil. when the Bosox and Chisox gave up on him and nobody else was interested? Didn't Drew make $7 mil. last year and didn't even play? Can't the outfield be the best defensively with Bradley, Ellsbury, and Victorino? 

Hopefully , Bradley becomes the player we think he is. And , hopefully the Sox can work something out before free agency. Plenty of time. An outfield of Bradley , Ellsbury and Victorino would be one of the best , if not the best , defensive outfields in baseball. They would score some runs also.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I want to win this year and I want the Sox to win in the future. This really is a no brainer.  Send JBJ down to AAA until April 12th and bring him up then.  Those 12 days aren't worth a year of control, no matter how well he has done in ST"

I tend to agree. I'm not sure what the big deal about 12 games is, the real issue is whether he will be here this year or not, and clearly he will be. 

The Sox tend to not want to act like a big market team half the time. Boras is going to make sure Ellsbury gets top dollar and likely leaves, same thing here. 

People are acting like Bradley is Willie Mays. We can wait on him for a few games. 

No kidding.  He's not even the Sox best prospect.

The true irony is that almost all of the people demandinh him NOW have already predicted a .500 season at best.  So unless they think Bradley is a 10-15 WAR player, its not like waiting 10 games will keep the Sox out of the post-season, per his fan club....

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"I want to win this year and I want the Sox to win in the future. This really is a no brainer.  Send JBJ down to AAA until April 12th and bring him up then.  Those 12 days aren't worth a year of control, no matter how well he has done in ST"

I tend to agree. I'm not sure what the big deal about 12 games is, the real issue is whether he will be here this year or not, and clearly he will be. 

The Sox tend to not want to act like a big market team half the time. Boras is going to make sure Ellsbury gets top dollar and likely leaves, same thing here. 

People are acting like Bradley is Willie Mays. We can wait on him for a few games. 

I've seen him play several times this spring and he did look like a young Willie Mays to me. Kid can play. Period.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

"people are acting like Bradley is the next Willie Mays"

Willie began 1951 in the minors and wound up rookie of the year.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

It is not fair to compare him to anyone, especially Mays or Lynn.  just saying "kid can play"  is good enough

Just saying what I saw, Jack. Sat next to a Yankee fan one game who said the same thing. Not "comparing" him to anyone....just stating who he reminded me of. Mays hit .276 his rookie year by the way. The YOUNG Willie. No one mentioned Lynn.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

He struggled the last 40 games in Portland last year after promotion. Hope that is not a trend. Pretty tough to get this fast a promotion and not hit a wall. For now though he is hot, play him.

Only will make him better getting the experience.

He started out on fire in Portland though. I believe he tweaked his ankle sometime in July and that, coupled with playing a longer season than he ever had in his life is what slowed him down. He certainly hasn't had much trouble with major league pitching so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

With Sweeney given his walking papers last night it seems that JBJ will start the year in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

He struggled the last 40 games in Portland last year after promotion. Hope that is not a trend. Pretty tough to get this fast a promotion and not hit a wall. For now though he is hot, play him.

He started out on fire in Portland though. I believe he tweaked his ankle sometime in July and that, coupled with playing a longer season than he ever had in his life is what slowed him down. He certainly hasn't had much trouble with major league pitching so far.

And he likes Zydeco.............LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to upperco1's comment:

Do they have Zydeco in VA? I thought that was only in Louisiana and Daly City. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

In response to upperco1's comment:

Do they have Zydeco in VA? I thought that was only in Louisiana and Daly City. :-)

I'm not in VA , Carnie , so don't know