Send money to get rid of Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett:
    In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : You are in the minority on this one. It seems I am gaining lots of support here. Sorry, if you don't agree. But, you do have that right. Thanks for your input.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

I agree with the point about hustling players, but I also think if Beckett were sporting an ERA of 2 and Boston was in first place no one would care.  Manny is a perfect example, awesome player, but didn't care about anyone but himself, but when we was going well it was oh well it's just "Manny being Manny".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Some fans love to hate.

I get it that Josh Beckett is unlikeable, but the spewed venom is a bit much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : I agree with the point about hustling players, but I also think if Beckett were sporting an ERA of 2 and Boston was in first place no one would care.  Manny is a perfect example, awesome player, but didn't care about anyone but himself, but when we was going well it was oh well it's just "Manny being Manny".
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth

Yes, and this is part of my point, too.

Beckett was arrogant and selfish in 2007. He's always been like that.

It's just that we didn't care about all that when we thought he really cared about winning. When he was pitching brilliant we don't worry about the personality. Win 20 games and sport an ERA UNDER 3.00 and believe me, I'll let you be a miserable pr*ck all you want....not that I will be your biggest fan, but I will put up with you.

Be a miserable pr*ck and pitch like you belong in an over 50 softball league and you fall in the Red Sox Nation "black hole"...a hole you never climb out of....mark my words , Beckett is finished in Boston. This is Nomar all over again, only much, much worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Yes, and this is part of my point, too. Beckett was arrogant and selfish in 2007. He's always been like that. It's just that we didn't care about all that when we thought he really cared about winning. When he was pitching brilliant we don't worry about the personality. Win 20 games and sport an ERA UNDER 3.00 and believe me, I'll let you be a miserable pr*ck all you want....not that I will be your biggest fan, but I will put up with you. Be a miserable pr*ck and pitch like you belong in an over 50 softball league and you fall in the Red Sox Nation "black hole"...a hole you never climb out of....mark my words , Beckett is finished in Boston. This is Nomar all over again, only much, much worse.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

lol, I totally agree about that.  And I do hope Beckett is done here, I could not believe they gave him the big extension when they did, it was so unnecessary.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brickbat. Show Brickbat's posts

I don't care if he looks like he wants to win - I care that he doesn't. That's the reason to dump him. The message shouldn't be "get your shirt dirty and we love you". It should be "perform like you're being paid to perform or you're gone". Find me another lackadaisical player who performs the way Manny did and I'll take him in a heartbeat. The problem with this team is they don't evaluate talent well. The names have all been written on this board a thousand times. They haven't made a good trade since they got (the then-good) Beckett and Lowell, and they didn't even want Lowell (who they wouldn't have won without). They panic and throw money around at free agents who can't play under the glare here and chase away the likes of DLowe, Damon, Papelbon and, yes, Jason Bay. I'll put in my $5 to get rid of this failure Beckett, and I'll toss in extra to buy out the front office.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

Maybe people should just stop going to Fenway in protest until the Red Sox FO decides to get rid of Beckett...Or just don't buy tickets so the imaginary sell out streak finally comes to an end :D

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

We need Beckett, plain and simple.  If the Sox could hit the ball there would be none of this crying about him.  But the Sox will get better when it counts ... around the AS break.  Better to end hot than to start hot.  Dice-k is going to come back and give the club a big boost.  Els, Craw, Youk all back, offense churning.  Yup, 3rd place is definitely in sight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

beckett is an azzhat who is on his way out of town, like manny - he doesnt care, doesnt get it, and is a mercenary....he laughs at boston fans' loyalty to him because he has no such qualities....he is all about looking out for #1....the bootlickers are in serious denial and anyone with half a brain wouldve learned after last yr to send this clown packing.....btw, in case you havent heard...

HE ONLY HAS 18 DAYS OFF A YEAR .....but i think he forget to include 4/5 of the games that he has when not starting and that short time period from october-february...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

beckett is an azzhat who is on his way out of town, like manny - he doesnt care, doesnt get it, and is a mercenary....he laughs at boston fans' loyalty to him because he has no such qualities....he is all about looking out for #1....the bootlickers are in serious denial and anyone with half a brain wouldve learned after last yr to send this clown packing.....btw, in case you havent heard... HE ONLY HAS 18 DAYS OFF A YEAR .....but i think he forget to include 4/5 of the games that he has when not starting and that short time period from october-february...
    Posted by georom4

Geo - you had always supported him.  I tried to warn you.  I told everyone the day after the extension that it was a big mistake.  Anyways, in the words of John McClaine  -  "welcome to the party pal!" -- the line forms behind me!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : I agree with the point about hustling players, but I also think if Beckett were sporting an ERA of 2 and Boston was in first place no one would care.  Manny is a perfect example, awesome player, but didn't care about anyone but himself, but when we was going well it was oh well it's just "Manny being Manny".
    Posted by jarretfromportsmouth

Not true. When Manny went off the deep end toward the end, he was a true embarrassment to the organization and fans, and I could not wait for him to leave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

I cant get my arms around the storm? -Beer and chicken? Who cares? -Golf? Who cares? Bottom line, if he was picthing better, no one would care. You want to get rid of him? Find someone better? Listen closely. They are 7.5 out playing with a AAA team. Lets see how the team perfoms when healthy. No need to panic in May.
    Posted by rkarp

I'm not panicking about the team, frankly I agree with you that there's plenty of time to turn it around and we're expecting a lot of talent to be added to the roster simply from people getting healthy.  I didn't even mind the chicken and beer episode by itself.  For me the issue is golfing while injured and then going out and giving up 7 earned in 2 1/3 IP and not owning up to his actions.  The chicken and beer helps to show his poor leadership, which is a problem when he's supposed to be leading this rotation.  My issues with Beckett go beyond the numbers.  Enough is enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

We need Beckett, plain and simple.  If the Sox could hit the ball there would be none of this crying about him.  But the Sox will get better when it counts ... around the AS break.  Better to end hot than to start hot.  Dice-k is going to come back and give the club a big boost.  Els, Craw, Youk all back, offense churning.  Yup, 3rd place is definitely in sight.
    Posted by soxmeister

The Sox are 2nd in the AL in scoring and 3rd in OPS.  The problem isn't the hitting, the problem with Beckett is the complete lack of leadership and accountability.  It doesn't help that Bobby V is enabling him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Tony Massarotti and Peter Abraham don't like him, so logic dictates that I should.

Go, Josh! Get Well Soon!!! We need you back!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Tony Massarotti and Peter Abraham don't like him, so logic dictates that I should. Go, Josh! Get Well Soon!!! We need you back!
    Posted by notin

I have to admit that I'm questioning myself since I'm now on the same side of the issue as Schilling....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : I have to admit that I'm questioning myself since I'm now on the same side of the issue as Schilling....
    Posted by JB-3

I only because a JD Drew fan because Bob Ryan hated him. I actually never really liekd him before, except maybe that first year in St. Louis when he and Pujols were a scary duo.  After that, I really just ignored him.

I never thought he was a $14mill player, but I've seen worse players get more money.   In fact, saw it happen that same year...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jarretfromportsmouth. Show jarretfromportsmouth's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Not true. When Manny went off the deep end toward the end, he was a true embarrassment to the organization and fans, and I could not wait for him to leave.
    Posted by pschuller

Manny was a mess for years before they traded him.  Remember when they sat him for the make-up game in Philly in 2003?  The bottom-line is when players are performing their "issues" aren't as big a deal.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think Beckett got the message--the Nation is not happy with his act. Seeing him in the dugout last night he was the bully that had all eyes on him waiting for him to try something again.

Buch, really didn't pitch that much better , in my opinion---he needs to go to the minors to work on everything inc. his self confidence. Buch getting time away is not going to negatively impact the team right now and he will grow from it. I'd rather he come back after Dice and about when we have Ells and maybe CC back.

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : I rather hold onto Barnes instead of Ranaudo.  And I would gladly take JJ over Ranaudo anytime.  Bucholz should be fine by end of May.  He's his hair cut short and looks like he's about to burst.  On the other hand, Beckett looks like he wants to leave this team. 
    Posted by seannybboi

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : The Sox are 2nd in the AL in scoring and 3rd in OPS.  The problem isn't the hitting, the problem with Beckett is the complete lack of leadership and accountability.  It doesn't help that Bobby V is enabling him.
    Posted by JB-3

Because you haven't noticed them incappable of scoring late in games when they are down and facing superior pitching?  And scoring a ton of runs against meatball pitchers gets you ... LAST PLACE.  Nice stats, they mean nothing. 

Beckett won the series in 2007.  Don't ever forget that.  I don't care if he eats chicken and plays golf on the field during a game, you guys who turn on him are a joke.   Or maybe you have forgotten how hard it was for the Sox to win a World Series?

I haven't.  This stuff you cry about, like little children, is sickening.  It's as if he did drugs and ate your children.  

I am hoping to heck he goes out in his next start and throws a no-no.  How about you?    

Wah wah ... geez, what a bunch of cry baby quitters.     

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Because you haven't noticed them incappable of scoring late in games when they are down and facing superior pitching?  And scoring a ton of runs against meatball pitchers gets you ... LAST PLACE.  Nice stats, they mean nothing.  Beckett won the series in 2007.  Don't ever forget that.  I don't care if he eats chicken and plays golf on the field during a game, you guys who turn on him are a joke.   Or maybe you have forgotten how hard it was for the Sox to win a World Series? I haven't.  This stuff you cry about, like little children, is sickening.  It's as if he did drugs and ate your children.   I am hoping to heck he goes out in his next start and throws a no-no.  How about you?     Wah wah ... geez, what a bunch of cry baby quitters.     
    Posted by soxmeister

Yeah, I'd love for him to throw a no-no.  As I've already said, he's played to merit his contract since it kicked in last season.  I don't have a problem with his performance since the start of 2011.  What I'm saying is that he is a terrible leader, who prefers to play golf while recovering from injury rather than rest and get healthy for his next start.  His job is to be a starting pitcher.  When he's hurt he needs to get healthy in order to do his job.  When you're trying to get healthy you don't have a day off.  And don't give me that crap about only getting 18 days of a year, yes there is some work that takes place on days that he isn't pitching, but it's only a couple of hours a day.

You're the one who made the broad statement about not being able to hit the ball, which is something this battered lineup has done quiet well so far this season.  You obviously forget the start of the year when they were ALWAYS down late in the game and consistently tied it or took the lead only to have the pen blow it.  The pen has since stabilized and with the way the team is scoring early, with half decent pitching they shouldn't need to score a ton of runs late.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re:Beckett won the series in 2007.  Don't ever forget that.  I don't care if he eats chicken and plays golf on the field during a game, you guys who turn on him are a joke.   Or maybe you have forgotten how hard it was for the Sox to win a World Series?  
    Posted by soxmeister

Of course I remember 2007, but if you want to put a quality team on the field, you need to look forward, not back 5 years.  Beckett's priorities have changed since 2007, and that's fine.  But he still is responsible to do whatever it takes to be prepared to go out and take the ball every 5th day.

Sections
Shortcuts