Send money to get rid of Beckett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett

In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Because you haven't noticed them incappable of scoring late in games when they are down and facing superior pitching?  And scoring a ton of runs against meatball pitchers gets you ... LAST PLACE.  Nice stats, they mean nothing.  Beckett won the series in 2007.  Don't ever forget that.  I don't care if he eats chicken and plays golf on the field during a game, you guys who turn on him are a joke.   Or maybe you have forgotten how hard it was for the Sox to win a World Series? I haven't.  This stuff you cry about, like little children, is sickening.  It's as if he did drugs and ate your children.   I am hoping to heck he goes out in his next start and throws a no-no.  How about you?     Wah wah ... geez, what a bunch of cry baby quitters.     
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Josh is that you? Seems like your type of intellect at work here...the quitters are not the fans who work all year long for 15bucks an hour with 2 weeks vacation...the quitter is beckett who has to skip a turn and miss ten days of playing (apparently he counts all games/not just the ones he starts as "working") because his tummy is tight/sore....sitting on the bech drinking beer/clubhouse playing games instead of paying attention during the pennant race in spetember, and dont forget looking for the snitch....these are all very important to josh beckett and no one is going to tell him how to take his day off...not even if he misses a start or has the second worse ERA in the league for starters...soxmeister, congrats you have reached the karmic level of stupidity and bootlickedness....we will now call you Guru

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Because you haven't noticed them incappable of scoring late in games when they are down and facing superior pitching?  And scoring a ton of runs against meatball pitchers gets you ... LAST PLACE.  Nice stats, they mean nothing.  Beckett won the series in 2007.  Don't ever forget that.  I don't care if he eats chicken and plays golf on the field during a game, you guys who turn on him are a joke.   Or maybe you have forgotten how hard it was for the Sox to win a World Series? I haven't.  This stuff you cry about, like little children, is sickening.  It's as if he did drugs and ate your children.   I am hoping to heck he goes out in his next start and throws a no-no.  How about you?     Wah wah ... geez, what a bunch of cry baby quitters.     
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the Sox hitters rank near the top in nearly every offensive category, and do so without getting to face the Sox pitchers. So can we end the "team cannot hit good pitching" BS?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : So maybe Beckett's not cut out to be a leader or doesn't want to be a leader.  When Manny Ramirez was the highest paid player on the team, he wanted absolutely no part of being a leader and made that clearly known and most of the fans said, "that's fine Manny!".  Now it's a big problem with those same fans if Beckett also chooses not to be a leader on the team.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]

But there were other people around to lead the team when Manny was here.  Also, Manny was ultimately run out of town for his "me first" attitude once he assaulted the traveling secretary.  Manny may have taken the occasional game off because of a "hamstring", but when he was injured, he didn't go out a golf.  It's one thing to not be a leader, it's another thing completely to ignore your obligation to the team to get healthy.  I didn't have a problem with the former, but if he were a leader, it could have helped justify keeping him in Boston, but after the golf incident, I've had enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : But see, you don't seem to "get it" anymore than Josh does. Boston fans, we love a guy who hustles , who gets dirty trying to win games. In short we love any player that shows us he's serious about winning. Most of us loved Dwight Evans, Trot Nixon, Bruce Hurst, Rico Petrocelli, Yaz, George Scott, Marty Barrett, Mike Timlin, and surely I am leaving many deserving players off the list. These players respected the fans, the media, played their @sses off ( sometimes with less talent than many of their teammates), they gave the impression that they wanted to win ( and who's to argue whether it was genuine or fake?). Players who enter the twilight zone fell out of favor with the fans and media. Not because the team wasn't winning, not because they played badly...but because they don't seem interested in winning OR gave the impression that they don't give a damn." Beckett has entered the black hole. Time to get rid of him. His presence on the team is a big minus. He has pretty much admitted that he only cares about himself , him first, team second....or maybe third or fourth. Mr. Cherrington, get more team players. Win or lose, we will love them. Get more Becketts and the seats will all be empty soon.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Josh does not get it!  I know this will not happen but, trade him to San Diego Padres or Kansas City Royals ANY city where the fans are indifferent at best!  Bruce Hurst said it best a few years ago he said he missed the electricity of this town when the Red Sox are playing when he signed with the Padres.  I am sure if he golfed or went to the beach on his off day when injured or even day of a game no one would care!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chronic352. Show chronic352's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Send money to get rid of Beckett : Good post Zilla. I've been a big fan going all the way back to 1967.   Back in those days I remember listing to the games on AM radio and the signal would just barely come in where I lived.    I would listen to late West Coast games regardless of what time I had to go to work the next day.   When the Red Sox finally won the World Series I was estatic as an "Impossible Dream" became reality.   IMO, It appears that over the years, the growth of massive guarranteed contracts has helped to create primidonas like Josh Beckett.  I thought Clemens was bad enough proclaiming tails of woe because he had to carry his own bags from time to time.  But Beckett really takes the cake.  Beckett makes more money in three games work than the average fan makes in a lifetime.   The least he and others on this team could do is to create an image of being at least half way decent people.   Beckett and other's on this current team have just about killed most of my enthusiam for the Red Sox.   They have no heart.  None.  Zippo. So if Beckett and others choose to act the way that they do, I choose my right to boycott this team until they show me something, anything other than a bunch of spoiled brats playing like shi----------t.  
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971[/QUOTE]

Yep!  They make it hard to really really root for them!!  They are grossly overpaid and are treated like gods when they do well, they can at least act like they care about the team and the fans!!