Sense of humor or disrespect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Sense of humor or disrespect?

What is the role of a beat writer?

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff
    September 11, 2011

Top of the second: Rays 3, Red Sox 0

Lobaton struck out. Lester threw 43 pitches in that inning. Now seems like the time:

www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/peteabepics/RSNpanic-button.jpg">RSNpanic-button.jpg

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Re: Sense of humor or disrespect?

It is way past panic time. This season is over for the Sox. They have become painful to even watch.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

god this is worse than the   opening 2 weeks     stuck on 85 wins  ... 
    Rays  head to Baltimore - Boston and New York...

Sox need to get it in gear.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Sense of humor or disrespect?:
    What is the role of a beat writer? Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff September 11, 2011 Top of the second: Rays 3, Red Sox 0 Lobaton struck out. Lester threw 43 pitches in that inning. Now seems like the time: www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/peteabepics/RSNpanic-button.jpg " />
    Posted by fir.eballer58

Sense of humor.

I think it's funny. Of course, I have a very warped sense of humor. I have what a friend of mine who's a reporter describes as newsroom humor -- making inappropriate or politically incorrect jokes about tragedies and the like.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from njalb. Show njalb's posts

It's humorous in a way, but painful too. I agree with the "it's over" poster. Last night and that 11-10 loss sealed their fate.  PS  When the formal end to the season comes, could we please try and get younger for the next couple of years, I'm sick of all the old injured farts. And please get a new training and physician staff for _od's sake

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

2 threads on the same day

by the same poster not being able to handle the truth mixed with humor

fess up dude

what's the real problem here

did PA steal your lunch as a kid

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Injuries + Bad Baseball = Hard to win ball games

With the current rotation, Lester is the only guy you can have faith in and even he stunk it up today.

Lackey is awful.
    Wakefield is awful.
    Miller is awful.
    Weiland is... well... hard to put blame on him but you certainly can't put faith in him.

The lineup isn't doing much to help out the cause either.  Too many no shows over the past few weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

fireballer, don't take this the wrong way, but do you work specifically for the public relations firm of Cante Takeah Joulke

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Sense of humor or disrespect?:
    2 threads on the same day by the same poster not being able to handle the truth mixed with humor fess up dude what's the real problem here did PA steal your lunch as a kid
    Posted by pinstripezac32

Zac, the Yankee troll, always knowing who to suck up to, and doing it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It is way past panic time. This season is over for the Sox. They have become painful to even watch.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor

It's fine you feel that way, but can you please stop putting that in every thread?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

Everythings gonna be ok.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

It's humorous in a way, but painful too. I agree with the "it's over" poster. Last night and that 11-10 loss sealed their fate.  PS  When the formal end to the season comes, could we please try and get younger for the next couple of years, I'm sick of all the old injured farts. And please get a new training and physician staff for _od's sake
    Posted by njalb

Thanks for your 178 posts in five years, "njalb". It's good to know you always take the time to make "it's over" posts even though your posts have been infrequent. The cowards are out in force.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

This is a Red Sox forum.
    Some say  "Everything is going to be OK"
    Most say that " All is lost"
    Makes you wonder if you are on the right forum.
    Babe is right in saying " Boston fans are funny and ignorant"
    Babe laughs at how disloyal and fickle boston fans are.
    He is correct.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Sense of humor or disrespect? : Sense of humor. I think it's funny. Of course, I have a very warped sense of humor. I have what a friend of mine who's a reporter describes as newsroom humor -- making inappropriate or politically incorrect jokes about tragedies and the like.
    Posted by royf19

I agree.  Panic is too strong, but certainly concern is apropos.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

I'm not a Sox fan but the Sox are going to the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

I'm not a Sox fan but the Sox are going to the playoffs.
    Posted by Bad-Scene-

This explains why you were defending the trolls earlier in the game thread. I had that suspicion earlier but didn't want to accuse you of it. Nice act however. Isn't there a forum that you could frequent to amuse more in a positive manner? You seem to enjoy annoying others by coming to an enemy forum. How close do you live to Masmillon, Ohio.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene-. Show Bad-Scene-'s posts

In Response to Re: Sense of humor or disrespect? : This explains why you were defending the trolls earlier in the game thread. I had that suspicion earlier but didn't want to accuse you of it. Nice act however. Isn't there a forum that you could frequent to amuse more in a positive manner? You seem to enjoy annoying others by coming to an enemy forum. How close do you live to Masmillon, Ohio.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

You weren't attacking trolls you were attacking Sox fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Sense of humor or disrespect? : This explains why you were defending the trolls earlier in the game thread. I had that suspicion earlier but didn't want to accuse you of it. Nice act however. Isn't there a forum that you could frequent to amuse more in a positive manner? You seem to enjoy annoying others by coming to an enemy forum. How close do you live to Masmillon, Ohio.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

Not close at all, he's MikeyintheBronx. But he could easily be "Masmillon". He has a thousand names on a rival team's board. It's how he gets his kicks. Quite a way to spend your time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Sense of humor or disrespect? : Not close at all, he's MikeyintheBronx. But he could easily be "Masmillon". He has a thousand names on a rival team's board. It's how he gets his kicks. Quite a way to spend your time.
    Posted by kimsaysthis

Sad life for MikeyintheBronx who gets his kicks out of annoying fans on an enemy forum. What bothers me more is the number of supposed Red Sox regulars who enable these misfits. The misfits and enablers need to be placed on ignore lists or else the forum will die. What is unbelievable is the number of old men who take these jerks seriously.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Sense of humor or disrespect? : Sad life for MikeyintheBronx who gets his kicks out of annoying fans on an enemy forum. What bothers me more is the number of supposed Red Sox regulars who enable these misfits. The misfits and enablers need to be placed on ignore lists or else the forum will die. What is unbelievable is the number of old men who take these jerks seriously.
    Posted by BeaconHill19

IMO they all have aliases here just to keep threads negative. What's funny is that, if there is one alias in a thread, there usually will be more to follow in that same thread. You can easily see where their focus is centered.

As for the enablers, I'll never get it. I'm not going to agree with the "old men" comment. I think alot of posters here have never been to a Yankee board so they don't understand what's acceptable on other boards. The worst part is, they will defend them unconditionally, but never comment on the abusive posts they make. Most team boards may have other team's fans drop by, but the are respectful and comment on a few things. These particular fans make a rival team's board their home and fill the board with posts. They also say whatever they want here, abusive or not, and it's all good. Unreal.

Sections
Shortcuts