September swoon: Guess who was our BEST starting pitcher?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: September swoon: Guess who was our BEST starting pitcher?

In Response to Re: September swoon: Guess who was our BEST starting pitcher?:
    Wake needs to get in shape, he is waddling around now ... that is not an insult, that is an observation.   If he comes to camp looking fit then I would say keep him on as a cheap emergency starter.  The problem is he is not the best guy coming off the bench as a reliever.  And the bigger problem is that the other Sox pitchers keep getting hurt, making him an important starter.   But everyone has to admit, he could lose a few pounds and improve his chances of lasting longer at the end of the season.   
    Posted by soxmeister

He looked a lot better in 2011 than 2010, but that's not saying much. I think he moved pretty well this year. When healthy, he was a pretty decent fielder. 

You are right, I think a few pitchers on our staff could lose their "beer bellies". Maybe then we wouldn't need Wake so much.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

I'm calling moonslow a liar.

Sep 25 @ NYY L 6-2 4.0 3
    Sep 18 vs TB L 8-5 5.0 2
    Sep 13 vs TOR W 18-6 6.0 5
    Sep 7 @ TOR L 11-10 5.0 4
    Sep 2 vs TEX L 10-0 4.0 0

Notice he had NO QUALITY STARTS in September, MOON. You are a fool for calling me a liar.

ZERO QUALITY STARTS. HE AVERAGED A WHOPPIN 4.8 INNINGS A START IN SEPTEMBER! HE IS MY HERO!!! Start the duckboats, let's get the parade rolling!!! Yay Wakefield!!! 4.8 innings a game, what a STUD!  

Great post, buy you are dealing with less than Inepstein's ape suit intelligence.

Wastefield is a disgrace and instead of fans deserving a chance to see him try and win 7 more games, fans deserve to see him kicked out of Epstein's good ole boy frathouse for fat old men.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm calling moonslow a liar.

Where's the lie? I am pretty sure I never said you were a liar for saying Wake had no quality starts. Cut and paste or provide the link. I called you a liar for something else.

Sep 25 @ NYY L 6-2 4.0 3 
    Sep 18 vs TB L 8-5 5.0 2
    Sep 13 vs TOR W 18-6 6.0 5
    Sep 7 @ TOR L 11-10 5.0 4
    Sep 2 vs TEX L 10-0 4.0 0

Notice he had NO QUALITY STARTS in September, MOON. You are a fool for calling me a liar. 

ZERO QUALITY STARTS. HE AVERAGED A WHOPPIN 4.8 INNINGS A START IN SEPTEMBER! HE IS MY HERO!!! Start the duckboats, let's get the parade rolling!!! Yay Wakefield!!! 4.8 innings a game, what a STUD!   

Great post, buy you are dealing with less than Inepstein's ape suit intelligence.

Wastefield is a disgrace and instead of fans deserving a chance to see him try and win 7 more games, fans deserve to see him kicked out of Epstein's good ole boy frathouse for fat old men.

Why not turn your 10,000 square foot house into a home for unemployed politicians booted out this cycle. Give Obama the penthouse suite and have Hank serenade him every night.

BTW, Miller's Sept numbers:
    0-2  11.70  2.500 WHIP

2 starts?
    6.1 IP  13 Hits  6 BB  11 ER
    ERA    15.63
    WHIP 3.000

HE IS MY HERO!!! Start the duckboats, let's get the parade rolling!!! Yay Andy!!!  3.05 innings a game, what a STUD!   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to September swoon: Guess who was our BEST starting pitcher?:
    Tim "Wastefield" - the one most of the posters on this board don't want back. September ERA's: Wake: 5.25 Bedard 5.25 (2.000 WHIP) Lester: 5.40 Beckett: 5.48 Weiland: 7.36 Lackey:  9.13
    Posted by harness

Never seen Guess Who pitch. Was he with Japan in 2010?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

Actually Lester & Beckett surprised me...last winter I thought Timmy the knuckluh would be the best of a mediocre rotation...going 11-14, with a 5.1 era and 190 innings eaten...that how pathetic I thought the rotation would be.  The bull pen were also a surprise during the mid year run.  I thought Atch would have done better, but Aceves is the real deal.  jenks and wheeler were the mound sheisters like jd drool and crawfud were in the lineup, with crawfud being pretty bush in the OF, too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

First: 7/30/2005
    Last: 10/19/2011
    "In baseball, a quality start is a statistic for a starting pitcher defined as a game in which the pitcher completes at least six innings and permits no more than three earned runs."

Wakefield's September:

Sep 25 @ NYY L 6-2     4.0      3 
    Sep 18 vs TB L 8-5       5.0      2
    Sep 13 vs TOR W 18-6   6.0     5
    Sep 7 @ TOR L 11-10     5.0     4
    Sep 2 vs TEX L 10-0      4.0      0

Notice he had NO QUALITY STARTS in September

Have you seen the numbers from the other starters in Sept?

Beckett had 1 QS.
    Lackey had 1 QS
    Bedard had 1 QS.
    Only starter to have more than one was Lester, and he got an extra start.

Wake had 23 starts in 2011: He gave up more than 5 ER's in only two of them - and both dated back before August. He threw at least 6 frames in 13 of his 23 starts.
    Fact is: His numbers were better than any other starter in Sept.
    And he's the you don't want to see return in 2012...at low cost.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Meant to add:
    Beckett gave up 6 ER (or more) twice in Sept.
    Lester once
    Lackey twice
    Bedard none - only three starts: (6 IP  2.6  3.1)
    Wake: none (didn't give up 6+ since July).

Once Wake got win #199, in the chase for #200, which the press played up to the hilt, Wake never gave up more than 4 ER in any outing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Meant to add: Beckett gave up 6 ER (or more) twice in Sept. Lester once Lackey twice Bedard none - only three starts: (6 IP  2.6  3.1) Wake: none (didn't give up 6+ since July). Once Wake got win #199, in the chase for #200, which the press played up to the hilt, Wake never gave up more than 4 ER in any outing.
    Posted by harness

Wow Harness!  You just can't drop it!?!?

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound!  "...... but mom, daaaddddy!  You just don't understand how wonderful he is!  Can't you see why I love him?  You just don't understand.  He's really nice to me!   I don't care if he dropped out of school!  That's because all the teachers are so stupid!  They just couldn't see what a great person he is.  He's so smart.  He could have had a 4.0, but he was bored all the time.  I don't care if he failed out!  It was their fault!  They picked on him all the time! You just hate him because he's Irish! Why won't you listen to me?!?! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!"

Harness!  GET A GRIP!!!!   Let it go!   YOU sound too much like that 15 year old girl!

More important!!!!!   YOU'RE BORING THE LIVING S h i T out of everyone!

p.s.  If you continue to post these cherry picked stats ad nosium............  over and over and over and over and over and over and over............. we're going to have the 3 of you committed!   :)

GROW UP!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

T-Ball Timmy was a laughing stock before and after 200 win chase debacle. ER over a few starts do not accurately reflect T-Balls performance. Total runs were 46 runs in T-Balls final 9 starts, and 21 runs in 4 starts in September. 9 homers in last 9 starts. T Ball hit 4 battters and had 3 Wild PItches in September 4 train wreck starts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

By all credible standards (ERA/OPP BA/OPP OPS/WHIP/BABIP) Wake was the best starting pitcher in Sept. Live with it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

By all credible standards (ERA/OPP BA/OPP OPS/WHIP/BABIP) Wake was the best starting pitcher in Sept. Live with it.
    Posted by harness

He'll seek and find another stat and make that his new mantra. For example, with Miller only road ERA should be used, with Wake, he's run through almost the complete gamut of stats until he was schooled on each and every one, so he finds something else, no matter how obscure.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He may come back with:

Weiland got to the ballpark 33 minutes before Wake. He is more dedicated, more loyal, and gets the nod over Wastefield...

Sections
Shortcuts