1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

I thought he said funky because he uses that word a lot...I guess not though. I have no issue with it.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonian128. Show bostonian128's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Papi is hard to understand....but i dont think it was well advised if thats what he actually said

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I'm disappointed, yet understand how it could happen.

Maybe you guys are all angels, but I've dropped the f-bomb unintentially in conversations more than once.  But, under the circumstances, you'd think he would have been a little more careful.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

so here's what this commy chick had to say about the bombing last night.

RAMBO comes alive in BAWSTON!

posted at 4/19/2013 3:27 PM EDT

the commy loves everything about the red, white and blue and always cheers for it in conflict but jeez.. part of the contrarian in me cant help but be in awe of how one guy can bring an entire superpower, a major city, and the enire world's safety to its knees. for all of u who derided how bin laden could hide in plain sight in pakistan and how everyone must have known there, u dont think they are now boomeranging this to the US? this is like rambo using his bow and arrow to bring down the high tech russian helicopter and beyond. hollywood could not have scripted this! sad as it is, these jabronis will have followers and devotees for years and years!

I don't know about you fellas, but I don't want to hear another word from this pathetic little girl Commy.  Too cute by half!

She's got the nerve to question anything out of Papi's mouth????

Time to let this chick know how you feel.  This was the absolute wrong time for your cute BS Commy!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

[/QUOTE

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

I find Commi-girl's comments FAR MORE OFFENSIVE!

These tools remind HER of Rambo???  Glamorizing terrorist little pukes & now trying to cover HER nonsense with more nonsense about Hulk Hogan, or some such krapp?  She also said quite clearly that she was in awe of how these pukes "brought Boston to it's knees, like Rambo shooting down a helicopter."  She actually sounded like she was getting off on what the terrorist pukes were able to do?

Hike up the skirt commi!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Jay Bay, 

I wasn't at the game because I live in Milwaukee but if Ortiz dropped the F-Word as part of an emotional speeech dealing with the marathon bombing I would be inclined to let him off the hook for this one.

If folks on this site are overly sensitive because they say little kids are at the game I can fully understand their point of view but would wonder if they've ever been to a Sox game. Although from Boston I've probably only been to a few dozen games in Fenway in my life but profanity in recent years before I left Boston was quite evident in any game I went to. Once the beers starts flowing the F-word and many others are freely used all over the ball park by idiots who have no manners or consideration of others, whether there are children close by or not doesn't seem to matter.

I would assume this is the same in most Eastern cities like NYC, Detroit, etc. Out here in Milwaukee at Miller stadium folks are not much more laid back but four letter expletives are not as likely to be uttered in the crowd. Milwauke has it's problems with voilent crimes, etc but the crowds at Miller Park are a little tamer.

Hetch  

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

I did not see the pre-game & shame on me.....  I dislike the fword in mixed & public company.........  That said,  2 singles for the big guy and a crucial double play in the 8th, with NAVA saving his & our bacon.......  Very evident, PAPI will take all J F's speed out of that lineup.......  !!!!!!

conan and ms sandy do not believe he hit into a double play. they think those singles were homers

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I've use the F-bomb in front of my kids.  I don't know why it would be anyt more offensive than calling someone an idiot.  I also use the word 'darn' instead of 'damn'.  It all depends on when I want to use a set of words and why.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

OK, personally I thought it was great that he spoke his true feelings, despite being in mixed company...

...how many of you that are questioning this comment, actually live close enough to Boston to feel the passion that Big Papi has for the city.

He may not be a native Bostonian, but it IS his home now too...and he expressed the feelings that many other Bostonians feel, only he had a public forum to express it.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts