SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Thanks J-BAY!!

On another note, here's the latest weird thing with BDC. When I look at my posts, I no  longer see the "edit"  button. However, I do see it on your post above. Which means, of course, that I'm ...

So if I wanted, I could go edit everything you just wrote and make you confess to being a Yankee fan or something. What in the heck is up with this forum lately?  

it wont work.... believe me, i tried. i was going to have some fun at Softlaws expense, it works like usual but when you submit your edit it won't go through..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: SERIOUSLY.... did papi really have to drop the f-bomb to mar such a great ceremony?

In response to mef429's comment:

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

it wont work.... believe me, i tried. i was going to have some fun at Softlaws expense, it works like usual but when you submit your edit it won't go through..

Something like, "I've  come around  on Jacoby Ellsbury and recognize what a  fabulous player he is. And Tim Wakefield  was underrated. And while I'm on the subject, I really love President Obama?"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Great post.........  It was a great day yesterday for all of America, but your right, there was no need, no place for that kind of disrespectful gutter talk...... I wish that "big Papi" had used his head a little bit better !!

Bill, you obviously are no where near Boston to state this point of view...Ortiz's comment just proved how difficult this was for him to accept and he likely feels that his wife and child could have easily been victims as well. living in the city.

I grew up right outside Boston and still live close enough to feel and understand the pain and discomfort people who live in the city likely still feel...your interpretation of gutter talk, is opposite my interpretation of strong emotion. Considering that we rarely see eye to eye on things, this is not surprising.

He probalby could have replaced the word with 'friggin' or 'freaken'...but I think the f-bomb carried more weight...

...one more thing, I hope the hospital staff forced the dirtbag to watch (whether he is conscious or not) both the Bruins and Red Sox pregames...and the TV was set to full volume.

Well Said 67, When The BIG PAPI Speaks People Listen...

Boston Red Sox's David Ortiz pumps his fist in front of an Amarican flag and a line of Boston Marathon volunteers, background, after addressing the crowd before a baseball game between the Boston

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Classless move by Ortiz - Here he is, supposed to be representing a classy and prestigious city like Boston and he shows zero class.  He should be fined by MLB and suspended at least a game without pay.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

In response to bingobilly's comment:

Classless move by Ortiz - Here he is, supposed to be representing a classy and prestigious city like Boston and he shows zero class.  He should be fined by MLB and suspended at least a game without pay.

troll

At least you got this right.  Anybody who could seriously get on Papi for losing his cool at this event is a MAJOR D-NOZZLE!

I'm sure you saw the news accounts about Papi and the FCC.  Way to stand up and admit you were wrong MIT. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to trantor's comment:

Papi aplogized. I doubt if a one time blip is going to become a priority of the FCC. Rap songs have that word in them all of the time. I don't see why baseball fans only took this out of a memorable pregame ceremony. Did you notice how many fans were crying? That is what I'll remember.

Who cares if he used the "F bomb"? Its not like there is a single adult American who has never heard it before. His emotion got to him. Kudos for Papi for telling it like it is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Another hate-America firsters.

When the fireman walked on stage at the 9/11 tribute at MSG, and told OBL that he could his Royal Irish A $$, I assume you were probably among the one or two Americans that didn't stand up and applaud.

Your hatred of the RS should not color your love for America.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to prknsdnld's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its one thing to b passionate, its one thing to have a vocabulary and know whats appropriate. there are kids all over the place.. very unbecoming!

[/QUOTE

Who do you think he learned it from?? Wink He said it just came out from his emotion, pain and love of the city. Not approprate, but I don't have a problem with it. if theres a day for it it's today. FCC said they stand with Papi, no fine 

Explain to your kid when the time is good for that language. There are 37000 people in the stands, and not all of them strut around with their pants on the ground and backwards hat and reflecting medallions. We need to take back society. To suggest this was okay because of the situation is B.S. They should have let Gomes do the speech, not this washed up rap star....

BTW.....

Who is this JA?  Sounds like the same Rac. baiting demagoguery that Stiffy, Bill, & a few others are fond of.

So who is this prknsdnld?  There should be no place on this site for this kind of krapp!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Those who would condone public profanity regardless of the issue, should realize the necessity of moral self-evaluation and therefore the need for subsequent character modification.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

It was an emotional moment for papi and it was an emotional moment for hundreds of others.  If everyone let their emotions get the better of them then everyone involved would be dropping the f bomb.  Not a good idea.

There is a time and a place.  Kids don't need to go to the park and hear that kind of talk.  If I were sitting with a child at that game I would have been uncomfortable.

Is it the worst thing in the world, no.  Should that kind of talk be avoided at family events, yes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Those who would condone public profanity regardless of the issue, should realize the necessity of moral self-evaluation and therefore the need for subsequent character modification.

No one is condoning the senseless repeating of public profanity. However, a single word uttered in the heat of a very emotional moment is understandable. The only character modification needed here is a little tolerance on the part of the language police.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

It's ok to call Papi a "knuckle-dragging neanderthal" and a washed up Rap-Hip hop star," but it's not ok to call out those who promulgate this type of race-baiting demagoguery?

You leave their incindiary comments on the board, but delete those who challenge them? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Maybe if BDC spent as much time, resources, and man hours to FIX THIS BOARD as they do combing through each thread deleting SELECTIVE posts, they would have the kinks worked out by now.

The standard for deleting posts is so arbitrary that there is no way in heck it is done automatically!

NO WAY!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I said the F word way more often when i was a kid than i do now. 

As for Papi: I loved it. It was a very special circumstance. 

If kids don't understand that, if kids don't get the reason you might swear about terrorists and overcoming them, you have a parenting problem, not a Papi problem. Go Papi!

25. This post has been removed.